Extra treat at McDonalds

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Well they said they were going to make their meal better for you.. more protein less fat.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
this is a company on it's last legs....

I never thought I would see the day.

I can't wait until we have fast food salad bar and juice bar drive-throughs.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
this is a company on it's last legs....

I never thought I would see the day.

I can't wait until we have fast food salad bar and juice bar drive-throughs.

Do you think anybody would go? I know I wouldn't. If I am going to eat healthy, I do it at home. Else I do junk food.

Wasn't their an outbreak of ecoli surrounding bad lettuce sold at Loblaws a while back? Food contamination can happen anywhere.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
McDonalds is awesome. Fries are great, service is good and that bacon cheeze angus burger rocks. Stay away from the Egg McMuffins though, unless you are within about ten feet of a crapper for the next two hours.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
McDonalds is awesome. Fries are great, service is good and that bacon cheeze angus burger rocks. Stay away from the Egg McMuffins though, unless you are within about ten feet of a crapper for the next two hours.

A good laxative never hurt anyone (as long as you are within 10' of a crapper)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Do you think anybody would go? I know I wouldn't. If I am going to eat healthy, I do it at home. Else I do junk food.

Wasn't their an outbreak of ecoli surrounding bad lettuce sold at Loblaws a while back? Food contamination can happen anywhere.
I don't know about the ecoli lately, but I do know the last time I got what I thought was a stomach flu that I just couldn't shake, my doctor told me it was likely from a salad bought at the grocery store

yes I think many, many people would go...in fact, I don't know many people who actually eat at McDonalds other than in an emergency...the sodium and fat are over the top and it doesn't taste good

we have a place here called David's Gourmet... various merchants have little booths in there along with Fiddleheads which sells all the vitamins and herbs...I buy my spirulina there....

they have the most amazing salad bar in there, a juice bar, a free range butcher, a hot deli table...when i work in town I love to pick up a salad lunch there it's only $7.00 you get to make your own choices so it's individualized and it's way cheaper and healthier than McDonalds...and they have the most amazing dressing choices

my 2 biggest surprises when I first started going there were how incredibly busy it was and the type of people who frequent it...at lunch there are tons of construction people, hydro trucks parked there, business people...pretty much everybody on the fly pick up a quick green juice, a salad or a pasta dish and away they go

I truly believe the reason McDonalds will fold will be due to people making healthier choices

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know about the ecoli lately, but I do know the last time I got what I thought was a stomach flu that I just couldn't shake, my doctor told me it was likely from a salad bought at the grocery store

yes I think many, many people would go...in fact, I don't know many people who actually eat at McDonalds other than in an emergency...the sodium and fat are over the top and it doesn't taste good

we have a place here called David's Gourmet... various merchants have little booths in there along with Fiddleheads which sells all the vitamins and herbs...I buy my spirulina there....

they have the most amazing salad bar in there, a juice bar, a free range butcher, a hot deli table...when i work in town I love to pick up a salad lunch there it's only $7.00. you get to make your own choices so it's individualized and it's way cheaper and healthier than McDonalds...

my 2 biggest surprises when I first started going there were how incredibly busy it was and the type of people who frequent it...at lunch there are tons of construction people, hydro trucks parked there, business people...pretty much everybody on the fly pick up a quick green juice, a salad or a pasta dish and away they go

I truly believe the reason McDonalds will fold will be due to people making healthier choices

I go at least once a week. Sort of my Friday lunch treat. Have either nuggets, fries and a large coke or Big Mac, fries and large coke depending on my mood. Go other times if my son pressures me into it. Always busy. If enough people do truly want healthier choices, McDs is very good at adjusting. Problem is that when they have tried that, they have not been popular. I think an occasional 'trendy' restaurant serving healthy food may survive or even thrive. But no where near the amount of stores or size of McDs or any fast food chain.

My favourite fast food is popeyes though.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That looks like an ordinary earth worm, which you wouldn't find in a sandwich. That worm was a plant.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I go at least once a week. Sort of my Friday lunch treat. Have either nuggets, fries and a large coke or Big Mac, fries and large coke depending on my mood. Go other times if my son pressures me into it. Always busy. If enough people do truly want healthier choices, McDs is very good at adjusting. Problem is that when they have tried that, they have not been popular. I think an occasional 'trendy' restaurant serving healthy food may survive or even thrive. But no where near the amount of stores or size of McDs or any fast food chain.

My favourite fast food is popeyes though.
I haven't tried Popeyes....I'll check it out...if I'm doing a greasy fast food I like A & W

the thing I am finding about aging is my body just can't process 48grams of fat at one meal...it gives me a headache and upsets my gut for days...

I used to be fine but not any longer...plus that's one meal of a 1,000 calories and I need to eat two more meals plus snacks...lol

but then lately I've been getting more and more into green juicing...and I think that when I am eating that way, I can't do fat at all

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That looks like an ordinary earth worm, which you wouldn't find in a sandwich. That worm was a plant.

It looked more "animal" than "vegetable" to me!

I think perhaps the food you select at these fast food joints has more to do with it than the fast food joints themselves. I think the main thing to stay away from is the pop.

I haven't tried Popeyes....I'll check it out...if I'm doing a greasy fast food I like A & W

the thing I am finding about aging is my body just can't process 48grams of fat at one meal

I've eaten a fair amount of A & W food, with no bad experiences so far. 48 grams is less than 2 oz - not even a mouthful- there may be more to it than the fat!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It looked more "animal" than "vegetable" to me!

I think perhaps the food you select at these fast food joints has more to do with it than the fast food joints themselves. I think the main thing to stay away from is the pop.

I've eaten a fair amount of A & W food, with no bad experiences so far. 48 grams is less than 2 oz - not even a mouthful- there may be more to it than the fat!
that is pure fat JLM...it is excessively unhealthy...would you drink 2 oz of fat, I would hope not...lol

The recommended daily fat amounts for 1,500-calorie and 2,500-calorie diets are 33 to 58 grams and 56 to 97 grams, respectively. That's for a whole day, not one meal...lol

and that's not even speaking of the sodium and sugar...that kind of food is death on a plate

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
that is pure fat JLM...it is excessively unhealthy...would you drink 2 oz of fat, I would hope not...lol

The recommended daily fat amounts for 1,500-calorie and 2,500-calorie diets are 33 to 58 grams and 56 to 97 grams, respectively. That's for a whole day, not one meal...lol

and that's not even speaking of the sodium and sugar...that kind of food is death on a plate

Stay tuned, I'm embarking on a little research.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000104.htm

There's good and bad fats, the good fats aren't only good but also necessary for any amount of physical activity.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
you go JLM...:headbang:

Dietary fats explained: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

There's good and bad fats, the good fats aren't only good but also necessary for any amount of physical activity.
correct...48 grams of fat from a burger and fries is not on the good list...it's okay for a treat once in a while but it can't be a steady part of a diet...you would end up obese and sick with a myriad of problems very fast

blood pressure
cholesterol
diabetes
stroke
heart attack...

dead early...lol

stick with your lean protein and veggies