Prison food after cutbacks called disgusting and inadequate by B.C. inmates

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I think they should have to live the way our military has to live.. in Tent Cities in the desert or freezing cold and eating K Rations.

I would love to see Sheriff Joe Arapaio revamp our Canadian Prison system.

Prison is punishment, not club med..

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Give the prisons a 'take-out window', at the same time upgrade the school kitchens so the whole family sits down for meals if one is a student. (in case power to homes and supermarkets gets intermittent) At least those places are secure and can be powered by a single generator and the parking lots are big.
People don't mind bunching up for 'fair-days' so a collapse is a longer version of the same.

Perhaps watching nature would help, Bison were in great herds and they migrated north and south, following the rains. The Mastodon, being big and strong, decided to 'tough it out' and they are now extinct.

The schools and such that get 'funding' would be in 'tenting areas' to the south and the 'Bison' would be the planting and harvesting that made the schools (open air places) and prisons (fortified areas used in seasonal areas).

The last ice-age came 'without notice' so long term planning and changes didn't take place. Having endless fire this time might be the advantage that is the difference between sink or swim. Sink would be making gun-barrels rather than snow-plows blades for the average compact.

When you look at a globe and see that brown region that circles the globe turning green as the ice caps spread out it doesn't look like a big disaster at all as long as you move into those newly green areas. That is more territory than what is lost and it should also be perpetual summer more or less.

If the southern tip of Florida was about the same temp as it is now then how much warmer would it be at the beach when the ocean is 400ft lower than it is today?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Thankfully as firing squads is also a popular thread here. The odds are soup-kitchen will increase in the near future rather than decrease.
Does an addiction include often replying to things you don't understand?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If they're seriously running out of food before all the inmates get their meal, that isn't good. Stupidity like that causes riots.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
K-rations would probably be better than the processed food in the prison cafe.
Prisoners would be happy with that I think.
Boomer, you probably eat the same crap prisoners do.
Do you buy frozen food like PC products that you slap in the oven and then have a nice, for example, lasagna?
If so, you will find you are eating the same swill they are which is full of salt, nitrates and other chemical preservatives.
Not to mention sugar. The empty calorie quotient on processed food is kind of high. Meaning you need to take in many more calories just to get basic nutrition from this type of food. This leads to people becoming fat and under nourished. Like too many people in the western world.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Prisoners are humans (apparently some people need to be reminded of this). Many are non-violent drug offenders. Lets not create inhumane conditions and create monsters before releasing them back into society.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Boomer, you probably eat the same crap prisoners do.
Do you buy frozen food like PC products that you slap in the oven and then have a nice, for example, lasagna?

Dude, don't you remember the pic of my shooting.. I didn't get that tummy on frozen dinners..

TA Truck Stops and Petro have restaurants called the Iron Skillet or Country Kitchen.

Nice Salad bar, backed potato with sour cream and chives, 12 to 18 oz steak.

Iron Skillet - York, NE

Hey, but I'm not sitting in jail living off the taxpayers.. I'm working!!

If I was stupid enough to commit a crime and end up in jail, I shouldn't Bitch

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
D

Right. Fukk your fellow humans a soon as they make a mistake.
Hope you never make a mistake.
Of course you arrogantly will proclaim your goodness and righteousness.
Good for you.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Dude, don't you remember the pic of my shooting.. I didn't get that tummy on frozen dinners..

TA Truck Stops and Petro have restaurants called the Iron Skillet or Country Kitchen.

Nice Salad bar, backed potato with sour cream and chives, 12 to 18 oz steak.

Iron Skillet - York, NE

keep eating that way and we the tax payer will be footing your health care bills... gonna start making you run behind the truck ;-)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Looks like a great salad bar there Sal.

I like beer salad. num num.

Fill a pot with beer
Add one lettuce leaf
stir
chill
Throw out the lettuce
Drink the beer.
Good for ya.
;-)

If you don't like the food, don't commit crimes.

Maybe some got sent up for stealing food...........
Irony ?

"Prison food after cutbacks called disgusting and inadequate by B.C. inmates - British Columbia - CBC News"

BC.....................what did we expect.
****ing lah lah land
probably can have only two pork chops instead of 3.