Niagara Falls and the ice

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I love Niagara Falls. Some of the first pictures of me as a toddler are at the Falls. I try to get there at least once in the summer. If we can stay for a few days we sometimes rough it at a place on the river or go for the spa treatment in one of the hotels over looking the falls. They have amazing hiking trails and the sun rises over their river.

Had a hard time hiking out of the gorge a few times in the spring...thought I might die down there.

The Falls has only ever frozen completely once but it has partially frozen this year. It likely won't completely melt until May.

This video is beautiful.

Sections of Niagara Falls — and the trees around it — are encased in ice right now | National Post

Visitors have been flocking to Niagara Falls State Park, next to the American Falls, one of three waterfalls that make up the natural attraction. The cold has created a thick coating of ice and snow on every surface near the falls, including railings, trees and boulders.
Things aren’t expected to thaw out quite yet: Temperatures dipped to -22 C (-34 with the wind chill) in Niagara Falls on Friday morning.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's nice and all but they turn much of it off in the winter.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah it looks cold alright-what's your point?
your post actually, ironically, displays exactly the point

everything is merely about perception

for some of us it was just the vast beauty to be found in everything, heat, cold, ice, snow, frozen water

for you, it means nothing

and that's okay too

as long as you're okay with that