Prince Edward Island couple tunnels 25-feet to find car after weekend storm

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Prince Edward Island couple tunnels 25-feet to find car after weekend storm

Tribune-Post StaffPublished on February 17, 2015

Like many Islanders in this most recent Feb. 15 to 16 storm, Marcel Landry and his fiance Stephanie Collicutt, who live on Notre Dame Street, watched the snow drift up and over their parked vehicles. But their case is a bit extreme.
Landry reported Tuesday, Feb. 17, that the area where his vehicle is parked is under roughly two storeys of snow.

Colin MacLean
TC Media

Like many Islanders in this most recent Feb. 15 to 16 storm, Marcel Landry and his fiance Stephanie Collicutt, who live on Notre Dame Street, watched the snow drift up and over their parked vehicles. But their case is a bit extreme.
Landry reported Tuesday, Feb. 17, that the area where his vehicle is parked is under roughly two storeys of snow.

Published on February 17, 2015
It took 25 feet of tunneling to find Marcel Landry and Stephanie Collicutt's car after this week's snow storm.

Colin MacLean
TC Media

Monday night, lacking a better option, he started digging towards his vehicles.
After about six hours of digging he'd carved out a snowy pathway measuring 25-feet long and six-feet high in some places.
“That's just to find the car – I haven't even started digging it out yet,” laughed Landry.
“I've never seen anything like this.”
The couple took some photos of their tunnel and submerged car and posted them on Facebook where they started being shared heavily.
They find it funny, said Landry.
“Once it started looking like a tunnel I just started having too much fun with it,” he said.
“I laughed all night,” he said.
He said he originally started digging a small tunnel but realized it could collapse in on him, so he started digging up.
He used a hockey stick to poke some holes in the roof of the structure, which was above his head, and just kept digging.
When he got near to where he estimated his car to be Collicutt started using the keys to make make the car horn go off and Landry used the muffled sound to direct his digging.
Eventually he could see the headlights.
“Light at the end of the tunnel,” he said.

Prince Edward Island couple tunnels 25-feet to find car after weekend storm - Deals - The Sackville Tribune Post

What I wonder is, okay, so he found the car. Now what? They are still under two storey's of snow, lol.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You'd have to be really, really bored to dig a tunnel through the snow to locate your car exactly where you parked it.