Woah Baby! Newborn Weighs 14.1 Pounds

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Woah Baby! Newborn Weighs 14.1 Pounds

Maxxzandra Ford did not know she was pregnant until her third trimester and delivered Avery in a natural birth lasting 18 hours.

A woman in the US has given birth to a baby weighing 14.1 pounds (6.4kg) - and he is already eating double the amount of an average-sized newborn.

Maxxzandra Ford's son Avery is the heaviest ever baby to be born at St Joseph's Women's Hospital in Tampa, Florida.

Avery, who was delivered in a natural birth lasting 18 hours, is one of the largest-ever born in the state.

Ms Ford did not know she was pregnant until about 35 weeks in, according to media reports in the US.

She told television stations WFLA and WFTS that after she rapidly gained weight last autumn, doctors confirmed she was pregnant.

Ms Ford said she thought she was having twins at first.

Debbie Moore, a registered nurse at the hospital, said they would "definitely not" have recommended a natural birth if they had known how much Avery weighed, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

Avery's father, Allen Denton, told the newspaper: "I got a linebacker now instead of a fullback."

Avery remains in neonatal intensive care after his 29 January birth, but he is expected to go home soon.

Ms Ford, who already has a one-year-old son and a five-year-old daughter, said she "just melted" when she finally held Avery.

source: Woah Baby! Newborn Weighs 14.1 Pounds

Geeez!! A Natural Birth of a 14lb baby... OUCH!!!!

Make me happy I'm not a woman.. child birth sucks.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The first gift for the new baby, a small functioning crane. Imagine if smarts came with body size? She happen to be living by any giant rats, shades of Love Canal.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The first gift for the new baby, a small functioning crane. Imagine if smarts came with body size? She happen to be living by any giant rats, shades of Love Canal.

ignorant

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
If they didn't even know she was pregnant til 35 weeks then
he was probably dealing with a trough already.

Meh, have you never kept care of a new born??

I would have to say first 6 month to a year are the hardest ..

Waking up in the middle of the night, burping, diapers... and they have 14lbs .

They have a handful... :lol: lucky parents either way.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Meh, have you never kept care of a new born??

I would have to say first 6 month to a year are the hardest ..

Waking up in the middle of the night, burping, diapers... and they have 14lbs .

They have a handful... :lol: lucky parents either way.

I have and didn't get a full nights sleep for 6 months. Mine was 2lbs 13oz born at 35 weeks.