Why ISIS atrocities will destroy it

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Now that a Muslim Nation has effectively declared war on ISIS let's see how things will play out.

I think Iraq and Syria were already at war with ISIS. Iran more or less is too just not very actively. Jordan is just the latest.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I think Iraq and Syria were already at war with ISIS. Iran more or less is too just not very actively. Jordan is just the latest.

UAE backed out of air strikes after the release of the video.

The city of Raqqa in Syria needs to be leveled.. everyone living there killed. It's their stronghold.

Then if the Arab nations send in troops the war would last about 2 weeks and be done.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
UAE backed out of air strikes after the release of the video.

Meh, Saudi Arabia and Jordan are between them so they dont have much to worry about anyway. They can just sit back and let others deal with it.

Then if the Arab nations send in troops the war would last about 2 weeks and be done.

Phase one maybe. They may decide to redraw the middle east. The way it was carved up after WW1 was never very popular with the locals.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Phase one maybe. They may decide to redraw the middle east. The way it was carved up after WW1 was never very popular with the locals.

...and they should.

Northboy

Electoral Member
Meh, Saudi Arabia and Jordan are between them so they dont have much to worry about anyway. They can just sit back and let others deal with it.

Maybe the map of the Middle East needs to be redrawn. As you say, the present boundaries haven't been popular with the locals.

Northboy

Electoral Member
I doubt Iran, Kuwait or a big chunk of Iraq do. :p

I agree. And it should be those living there who decide. Not the west. That will only antagonize them more.

I'm not sure a western style democracy will work for the region. I think we'll end up seeing small quasi independent states that are tied together in a confederation. Not like Iraq, something different.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
William Saletan: ISIS has burned itself with its latest atrocity | National Post

Now that a Muslim Nation has effectively declared war on ISIS let's see how things will play out.
By Passover, the one based on the new moon being part of winter months rather than the first one after the spring equinox for the next 6 lotto wins of my choice.

Course if I won I wouldn't be here to do a play by play of something that only makes certain people nervous. Where would the fun be in that, mild annoyance is no reason to ratched anything up.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Nor should it be, it hasn't worked as advertized anyplace. Give all the citizens of a nation on of those phones that can be(okay are) tracked and the voting in those (lets use) 10 new republics that just happen to 'be readily available' that unite and have a pis spot full of money, OPEC is a drop as the money is the usury collected over the last 100 years so there is the 'flash money' and the real money that is required to grease all the wheels that see things improve dramatically. I have no issue with that at all, sooner the better. 7 years leaves a lot of room for errors.

UN Constitution and referendum votes on all issues and no subs on constitutional issues. . . . check.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Cuz they don't want it. It's a cultural thing...

I agree. Democracy requires a context that has only existed in a few eras in only one civilization. A democracy or democratic republic can only exist in the soil of civic virtue, and then only for a specific group. The democracy of Classical Athens is an example. It was limited to certain classes, and to the original pre-Delian League territory of Athens. The Roman Republic is another example. Citizenship was a precious thing limited to the patrican and plebian classes of Rome and then the Italian Peninsula from the period beginning with the end of the period of Roman Kings and continuing until the end of the First Punic War imo. Other people think that the Roman Republic continued until the rise of Octavian, but civic virtue was a memory by that time imo.