Boy, 5, Invoiced For Missing Birthday Party

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Alex Nash is no longer allowed to play with his friend and his parents could go to court for not paying the £15.95 "no show fee".

The parents of a five-year-old boy have been threatened with court action because he missed a schoolfriend's birthday party and left the hosts out of pocket.

Derek Nash, from Torpoint, Cornwall, discovered an invoice for £15.95 had been put into son Alex's schoolbag after he was a "no show" at the ski centre party.

Mr Nash said he originally thought the letter was a joke but now the friend's mother is threatening to take the matter to the small claims court.

The family accepted the invite to the Ski Slope and Snowboard Centre just before the Christmas holidays, forgetting they had a prior family commitment.

Mr Nash said he had already arranged for their daughter to go out with her grandparents.

He said: "She [the mother] saw me and asked if Alex was coming to the party. At this time I agreed and said that Alex was looking forward to it.

"By this time we did not have a contact number, email or an address to let [the mother] know.

"So on the day of the party we asked Alex what he wanted to do - he chose to be with his grandparents."

When the children went back to school in January, Mr Nash's partner tried once more to apologise to the boy's mother but did not see her.

He said: "On January 15 she looked in Alex's school bag and found a brown envelope. It was an invoice for £15.95 for a child's party no show fee.

"I asked Alex's class teacher if [the child's mother] had given anything to her. She said, 'Yes, a brown envelope'.

"I then visited Alex's school headteacher, who couldn't apologise enough that one of the teachers had passed this on. She said she would remind all staff that this was a breach of protocol."

Mr Nash said while he sympathised with the woman, he told her he would not be paying.

She has since threatened to take the case to a small claims court, while the birthday boy will no longer play with Alex at school.

Mr Nash added: "I drive all around the South West for my job and I have talked to quite a few people about this.

"They're all quite incredulous that this has happened. I thought it was a joke to begin with. I am lost for words."

The mother of the birthday boy has not commented on the row.

source: Boy, 5, Invoiced For Missing Birthday Party

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Alex Nash is no longer allowed to play with his friend and his parents could go to court for not paying the £15.95 "no show fee".

The parents of a five-year-old boy have been threatened with court action because he missed a schoolfriend's birthday party and left the hosts out of pocket.

: Boy, 5, Invoiced For Missing Birthday Party

What a bunch of f**king bullsh*t! I'd tell them to stuff it where the sun don't shine!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
wouldn't this be best handled in a Jerry Springer match?

Judge Rinder.

I don't know why he uses a gavel in the show, though. British judges don't use gavels. He's been watching too much Yank programmes on the telly.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
so if the kid showed, nothing would have been owed? sounds like beotch would've been out of pocket regardless. any judge that finds for her ought to be disbarred.