Former NY Governor Mario Cuomo dies at 82

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Former NY Governor Mario Cuomo dies at 82

New York's 52nd governor Mario Matthew Cuomo has died at the age of 82, according to his son, Chris Cuomo. He served three terms in the governor's office between 1983 and 1994. Cuomo is survived by his wife and five children. His death came the same day as his son, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, was inaugurated for a second term. It is not immediately clear how Cuomo died.

source: 'Lost a Giant': Former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo Dies - NBC News

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I post on a NY website where there are folks from both parties who post regularly. All agree he was a good guy who genuinely loved the City and State of NY. In his youth he was a well known semi-pro baseball player whose coach was the legendary Louie Carneseca of St John's fame.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
I post on a NY website where there are folks from both parties who post regularly. All agree he was a good guy who genuinely loved the City and State of NY. In his youth he was a well known semi-pro baseball player whose coach was the legendary Louie Carneseca of St John's fame.

Sure he was a good guy, he still didn't accomplish much at all in 12 years.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Mario Cuomo's granddaughters write touching remembrances to former governor
In a letter shared with the Daily News, the late New York governor’s 13-year-old granddaughter Kristin O’Donoghue called Cuomo ‘the most inspiring, strong, admirable, beautiful, intelligent, kind, and altogether unbelievable man I have ever met.’

Mario Cuomo's grandkids write touching tributes to governor - NY Daily News

To his 14 grandchildren, he was Grandpa before anything else.

Two of Mario Cuomo's granddaughters bid him a touching farewell over the weekend, sharing their heartfelt memories in essays.

Mario Cuomo's granddaughter Kristin O'Donoghue — the daughter of Madeline Cuomo and Brian O'Donoghue — called him "the most inspiring, strong, admirable, beautiful, intelligent, kind, and altogether unbelievable man I have ever met."

"He saw the best in everyone, and I must say, he was never ever mean," wrote Kristin, 13, in a letter she shared with the Daily News. "I could talk about anything to him, and I was proud to call him my grandfather. I would feel so special when he would congratulate me — like his respect was all I needed."

Kristin said he was focused on his family until the very end.

"On Christmas Eve during the last week of his life, he could barely speak," she wrote. "He was weak, and having trouble breathing. But the one thing he said to my sisters and me was: 'Are you treating each other right?'"

"I love you more than you will ever know, and I will miss you more than you will ever know ... we all will," Samantha wrote. "You did not deserve to suffer like you did these past months. I am so glad that your last breath was peaceful because that is what you deserved."

Samantha said she was inspired by her grandfather's life story. "I will always remember you when I want to give up. A poor, simple Italian boy, who was raised in the back of a grocery store, grew up to become the phenomenal governor who touched so many hearts," she wrote. "I wish you could see how many people are sad and what they are saying, but I think you already knew that."

"I love you to the Moon and back, and five hundred more times more," Samantha wrote. "I love you more than you will ever know, and I'm proud to call myself your granddaughter. Any girl would die to have you as their grandfather for so many reasons. God needed another angel, but not just any angel. He needed you, Grandpa, to help Him, to stand by His side and remain faithful to Him."

Mario Cuomo is survived by 13 granddaughters and one grandson: Christina Cuomo Perpignano, Marianna Cuomo Maier, Cara Kennedy Cuomo, Mariah Kennedy Cuomo, Michaela Kennedy Cuomo, Emily Cole, Amanda Cole, Katherine Cole, Samantha O'Donoghue, Kristin O'Donoghue, Tess O'Donoghue, Bella Cuomo, Mario Cuomo and Carolina Regina Cuomo.

Not as liberal as some deluded right wingers would have you believe but what do they know. Great guy who will be sorely missed.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
You obviously do not live in the Empire State. He was the first governor to integrate the state's court of appeals (the highest in NYS), balanced the budget, was a champion of fair housing, and was said to be a good lawyer.

I've lived in New York 39 out of 49 years idiot. The only reason you like him is because he was a Democrat, other than that you are clueless.