we are taking a stand for freedom

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
"We Are Taking A Stand For Freedom" - New Yorkers Explain Why They Are Waiting In Line To See "The Interview"

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/25/2014 - 22:13 And just like that Americans got punk'd again. From one of the countless New Yorkers waiting in line to see The Interview: "We are taking a stand for freedom. We want to show the world that Americans won't be told what they can and can not see. If we want to see a movie we'll go see a movie and make up our own minds.... I came to express my very strong support for the free expression of ideas."

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well I hope that theatre is offering Freedom Fries.

These people may feel kinds defeated if it turns out to have been done by a disgruntled employee.......

Skepticism Among Security Experts That North Korea Was Behind Sony Hack

A number of private security researchers are increasingly voicing doubts that the hack of Sony‘s computer systems was the work of North Korea.

The simpler explanation is that it was an angry “insider,” Mr. Rogers wrote. “Combine that with the details of several layoffs that Sony was planning, and you don’t have to stretch the imagination too far to consider that a disgruntled Sony employee might be at the heart of it all.”

Still, security researchers say they need more proof. “Essentially, we are being left in a position where we are expected to just take agency promises at face value,” Marc Rogers, a security researcher at CloudFlare, the mobile security company, wrote in a post Wednesday. “In the current climate, that is a big ask.”

Mr. Rogers, who doubles as the director of security operations for DefCon, an annual hacker convention, and others like Bruce Schneier, a prominent cryptographer and blogger, have been mining the meager evidence that has been publicly circulated, and argue that it is hardly conclusive.

more

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/...s-that-north-korea-was-behind-sony-hack/?_r=0