Is it going to be deja vu all over again to 2008?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
media hype. As usual there will be winners and losers. If you shorted gold or oil you will do well. If you believed the guy that predicted $150 oil you might want to look for a really high window that opens outward.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
media hype. As usual there will be winners and losers. If you shorted gold or oil you will do well. If you believed the guy that predicted $150 oil you might want to look for a really high window that opens outward.

Whatever happens it's likely temporary. For myself I think if the markets fall another 10%, I might borrow some money to drop into Canadian Natural Resources Mutuals.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Yes there will but how many of each? I'm into DU myself. Me and the Queen.

Whatever happens it's likely temporary. For myself I think if the markets fall another 10%, I might borrow some money to drop into Canadian Natural Resources Mutuals.

Decades is temporary.
The Dark Ages were temporary you know.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Recovery will be a bit different without the USD being the petrodollar, recovery will make the '30's look like the good times.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Mineral prices are holding steady. OPEC doesn't produce minerals so our war against the Saudis won't impact the real money.