Good Samaritan Shoots Armed Robber

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
and guess what...the robber's family is mad.

The recent unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, illustrates a shocking reality: evidently, no person of color is supposed to be accountable for their behavior. Michael Brown was a thug and a criminal and despite the evidence showing that Brown attacked a police officer, he is hailed as some sort of civil rights hero by those looking to riot and loot in his memory.
In another case of a bad guy dealing with the consequences of his behavior, Adric White was shot by a Good Samaritan as White was robbing a store in Mobile, Alabama- his second armed robbery in just two months.

Unbelievably, White’s family is not upset with the armed robber who put a gun to the store owner’s head; they’re upset with the concealed carrier who shot their barbaric relative.

According to Fox 10:
The Good Samaritan, who we are not identifying, told FOX10 News he was shopping at the Family Dollar on Stanton road when he noticed a masked gunman leading one of the employees to the front of the store. “He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees,” said the man. “I drew my gun on him and I said ‘Hey don’t move.’ At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me, I fired. I didn’t want to shoot him.
White was rushed to the hospital where he was treated for his wounds. The family of Adric White, however, is upset that he was shot “unnecessarily.”

White’s sister told Fox 10:
“If his (the customer) life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him – what gives him the right to think that it’s okay to just shoot someone? You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”
Sure- why not? A man is about to possibly be executed by an armed robber and you’re in a position to stop him- why not continue on with your errands?

That is not how society works. While we cannot ask citizens to go above and beyond and step-in to shoot armed robbers, we must be willing to praise those who confront an armed man to help preserve innocent lives.

This Good Samaritan is a hero and for White’s family to attack the character of this man when their thuggish relative was to blame for his own gunshot wounds is beyond reprehensible.

( LIVE NEWS ) A Armed Robber's Family Is Angry After He Is Shot Robbing A Dollar Store! - YouTube

VIDEO: Good Samaritan Shoots Armed Robber- You Won’t Believe the Reaction by the Thug’s Family

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Every day you have to hear several times about several people getting shot. Every stinkin day. When is the first space ship heading to another planet.
yup and some people think the answer is......................more guns of course

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No one stops the law abiding. If they try to do it where it is against the law then they are no longer law abiding.

True enough........that's why we need to adjust the law.

The American experience is quite telling..........in the past 20 years every state has instituted a law that would allow civilians to carry......the vast majority are "shall issue" states where the authorities have to show reason not to issue a license to carry concealed.

There are 11 million licensed concealed carry civilians in the USA. There are also states where no license at all is required to carry concealed (Vermont, for one)

Since 1994, the murder rate in the USA has dropped 50%, and is now lower than at any time since 1960.

The murder rate among licensed concealed pistol carriers is 0.5 per 100,000............one ninth the overall rate in the USA, and one third the rate in peaceful Canada.

I am appalled at the lack of training for these people (usually 12 hours with no qualification), but simply put, it works!

I see no reason why a private citizen trained to the level of a police officer in firearms use (at his own expense) and background checked, and qualified twice a year at the range should not be allowed to carry.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I see no reason why a private citizen trained to the level of a police officer in firearms use (at his own expense) and background checked, and qualified twice a year at the range should not be allowed to carry.

That I would have no problem with. Handing them out to just anyone who has the money without doing a background check or training is where I have a problem. I dont see things ever getting that loose here though, hopefully.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
That I would have no problem with. Handing them out to just anyone who has the money without doing a background check or training is where I have a problem. I dont see things ever getting that loose here though, hopefully.

So what you have is people bringing firearms into Canada from the USA and never registering them.. rifles, hand guns..

The RCMP has clearly stated, there are more guns in Canada and less people registering..

It's like illegals in the USA.. better to have them registered and legal, than having no clue where they are.. :)

It's like Prohibition in the USA.. that worked well, huh??

RCMP's Canadian Firearms Program: More guns today, but fewer owners | National Post

CANADA'S GROWING GUN PROBLEM

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The law calls it "defence of a third." Essentially, who defends a third steps into the shoes of the third, and may lawfully take any action the third might take to defend herself.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
“If his (the customer) life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him – what gives him the right to think that it’s okay to just shoot someone? You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”

And that is a telling statement of what that family is about. Leave the store and damn the employee. Who cares if the employee had a family, or did nothing wrong. The brother was a piece of **** criminal and if he had died, I certainly would not shed a tear.

He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees,

That sures sounds like an execution-style killing in the making to me. In all likelihood, the customer saved the employee from getting murdered. The butthurt sister can kiss my @ss!.