Possible ebola patient transported to Calgary hospital

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Possible ebola patient transported to Calgary hospital

Health care officials transferred a patient who may have a contagious illness to the south Calgary designated Ebola hospital Wednesday night.

“Alberta Health Services (AHS) is currently caring for a patient with a potential contagious illness, who was transferred Wednesday evening from the Peter Lougheed Hospital to South Health Campus in Calgary,” said James Stevenson with AHS in a statement late Wednesday.

The South Health Campus was one of two Calgary hospitals that underwent preparations for the potential arrival of the deadly Ebola virus.

Watch the full AHS press conference below.

A source told the Sun that staff at that hospital were preparing for the arrival of a patient with Ebola-like symptoms Wednesday, including the use of Hazmat-like suits and plastic being taped up.

Stevenson did not confirm the patient headed there was diagnosed with Ebola, or any illness for that matter.

“At this time, it is not confirmed what the illness may be,” he said.

“However, out of an abundance of precaution, AHS has enacted specific infection prevention and control protocols, including cleaning and disinfection, to ensure any risk to other patients, members of the public, and staff remains extremely low.

“To protect patient confidentiality, we will not be providing further detail or speculating about this patient or illness, until such time that a diagnosis is confirmed.”

On Wednesday night, Stevenson could not confirm the patient’s sex, age or travel history.

Beginning in August preparations were being made at the South Health Campus and the Alberta Children’s Hospital in case the Ebola virus should arrive in Calgary.

The entire staff at both hospitals were being prepared, though Lori Anderson, senior operating officer for the South Health Campus, said last month that the focus was on the intensive care units and emergency departments.

Medical staff were also going through exercises ranging from table top drills to more realistic simulations involving an actor.

Staff were learning transportation and treatment protocols as well as action plans and learning how to identify the virus.

Anderson said last month isolation rooms were ready.

Similar preparation work was happening at the Edmonton Stollery Children’s and the University of Alberta hospitals.

Source: (VIDEO) Calgary patient tested for Ebola in isolation at South Health Campus | Calgary |

Love how they try to calm the public.. chances it's not Ebola.. or we are a safe facility and have it under control..

They said they same in the USA where 2 nurses contracted Ebola.

Canada's 1st.. :(

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I assume this is so they can see how much longer the virus can stay alive in cold weather, help with plotting the intended spray pattern. Oh, was the mike left in the 'On.' position, fuk. Which would be the 'actual cure'? CS or MMS

If that is what you believe.. Dr. Wolf

Don't get too excited, he means what will appear on the many, many death certificates. Would you feel better if it was listed as wormwood or something else?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
At least they have removed all the reading material in the waiting rooms as that would have been the most commonly handled thing in the hospital or any other waiting room in the whole Province.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Unlike touching your fingers to your lips so your damp fingertips can turn the pages easier, and then back up for another bit.. I'll be sure not to handle only the ones that look like they have been gnawed on.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I believe you mine for things to troll with. Ebola never had so many cures until the first non-native got it, Figure out the words then tell me what I can and can't believe. Go back to fantasyland, Billy Bigrig

It's not that white people don't die from the disease, it that the vaccine only works on White People.

CDC Says Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White People

I'm sure without the vaccine, the white people total would stack up fairly quickly.

Next time state the facts, instead of a blanket statement that "White People don't die from Ebola" which is false.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Next time you're looking for something to whine about, read in context so you don't have to whine about your inability to read sarcasm. Do you recall frantic effort to report the story or to find a cure when it was just some villagers in deep dark Africa dying? Interpret and rebroadcast in whichever way you care to spin it. It's your gimmick. Fact is, your troll is broke