Rob Ford to undergo a fourth round of chemotherapy

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
not good

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford will undergo a fourth round of chemotherapy next week.

His brother Doug Ford said the mayor will be back in hospital on Monday.

The ailing mayor was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in September.

Rob Ford, 45, ended up withdrawing from the mayoral race and running for council instead.

On election night, Ford was elected as the councillor in Ward 2 — the ward he represented for a decade before he became mayor.

Rob Ford to undergo a fourth round of chemotherapy - Toronto - CBC News

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
there are always a series of administrations of chemo so from what I have always understood he is in round one fourth administration, no?

and that was to be expected, because if this is all a part of the first round, it's just more of the same

they way they are reporting this is misleading and makes it look really bad...I mean it is bad to have to undergo chemo but for all we know this could be going well, shrinking tumors etc.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
there are always a series of administrations of chemo so from what I have always understood he is in round one fourth administration, no?

and that was to be expected, because if this is all a part of the first round, it's just more of the same

they way they are reporting this is misleading and makes it look really bad...I mean it is bad to have to undergo chemo but for all we know this could be going well, shrinking tumors etc.

From what they said before last round was it was not shrinking. I am not sure odds of chemo actually working are that high particularly against this type of aggressive cancer.

I hope he beats the odds even if it takes 10 rounds. I will keep him in my prayers.

Yeah not really news and on top of all that, he's not the Mayor anymore.

Technically he is until 12/01.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
From what they said before last round was it was not shrinking. I am not sure odds of chemo actually working are that high particularly against this type of aggressive cancer.

I hope he beats the odds even if it takes 10 rounds. I will keep him in my prayers..
Thanks Ski
the confusion for me is the way the media is reporting it

currently I know someone who has stage 4 colon cancer....her odds are not good but she opted for chemo, I likely would not have in her situation but so far she is defying the odds

they have given her weeks of chemo and now she has to rest for a bit and then they start round 2 so they say round 4 with Ford but really it sounds like the fourth in the first series and until he completes the first series they don't know

I hope he beats the odds too

one never knows because it does happen especially when combined with dietary changes

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Thanks Ski
the confusion for me is the way the media is reporting it

currently I know someone who has stage 4 colon cancer....her odds are not good but she opted for chemo, I likely would not have in her situation but so far she is defying the odds

they have given her weeks of chemo and now she has to rest for a bit and then they start round 2 so they say round 4 with Ford but really it sounds like the fourth in the first series and until he completes the first series they don't know

I hope he beats the odds too

one never knows because it does happen especially when combined with dietary changes

From my understanding the chemo does tend to halt the growth. But when it does not reverse or shrink the growth it fails as eventually the patient will have had enough of the chemo or the chemo will kill the patient. If the patient is infinitely patient, and the chemo does not kill the patient, chemo could last forever as a sort of a stalemate.

Sorry about the person you know. Cancer sucks.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
From my understanding the chemo does tend to halt the growth. But when it does not reverse or shrink the growth it fails as eventually the patient will have had enough of the chemo or the chemo will kill the patient. If the patient is infinitely patient, and the chemo does not kill the patient, chemo could last forever as a sort of a stalemate.

Sorry about the person you know. Cancer sucks.
yeah thanks Ski ya just never know....a girl I went to high school with hooked up with me recently on FB (not the same person) but anyway by the time they diagnosed her 6 years ago it had spread to her bones, and they gave her six months at most, she is still going and enjoying life...now, she was a nurse and she gives herself chemo at home and recently spent almost 4 months in Hamilton, and even she thought that was the end, but still she has the will to live and she is back home still she has defied the odds for years

people are astounding.

he could make it

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah not really news and on top of all that, he's not the Mayor anymore.

Yeah really, and not only is he still Mayor, he is also Councillor-Elect for Etobicoke North with 58% of the vote (the loser had 11%) but thanks for your far-distant input.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Technically he is until 12/01.

Yeah really, and not only is he still Mayor, he is also Councillor-Elect for Etobicoke North with 58% of the vote (the loser had 11%) but thanks for your far-distant input.

When was his last real action as a Mayor that actually related to the job of being a Mayor?

That would be the last time he was actually the Mayor.

If you don't do your job, you shouldn't have the title that goes with that job.

He's just an attention wh0ring, photo opportunistic slob who's afraid of losing the spotlight.

The only people who voted him in as Councillor are people who feel sorry for him or just plan ignorantly stupid & blindly loyal.

And if all you have to quip towards me is a petty trolling regarding where I live, then that's just as sad. People of like-minds & mentality tend to defend one another after all. Have another doughnut & raise a crack pipe to your glorious Ford..... may he pull through and be the brunt of national and international mockery once again. :rolleyes:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
When was his last real action as a Mayor that actually related to the job of being a Mayor?

Irrelevant, he is still the Mayor of Toronto and you're still wrong but too arrogant and defiant to admit it.

That would be the last time he was actually the Mayor.

Saying it again and clicking your heels together still won't make your wrongness right son.

If you don't do your job, you shouldn't have the title that goes with that job.

So what? :lol: Most politicians 'don't do their jobs' in the eyes of a lot of people. Doesn't change the fact that they are still elected and still holding their positions.

He's just an attention wh0ring, photo opportunistic slob who's afraid of losing the spotlight.

Man, are you ever an angry spiteful individual. It's a CBC article about the sick Mayor. Get over it.

The only people who voted him in as Councillor are people who feel sorry for him or just plan ignorantly stupid & blindly loyal.

There's that anger again.

And if all you have to quip towards me is a petty trolling regarding where I live, then that's just as sad. People of like-minds & mentality tend to defend one another after all. Have another doughnut & raise a crack pipe to your glorious Ford..... may he pull through and be the brunt of national and international mockery once again. :rolleyes:

Far-distant and far-removed but quite a mad young feller. :lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Irrelevant, he is still the Mayor of Toronto and you're still wrong but too arrogant and defiant to admit it.

Matter of perspective. My perspective is that he was no longer the mayor the moment he was stripped of pretty much all his powers as Mayor and then everybody else did his job for him. After that he spent most of his time seeking attention in front of the camera and getting as many photo ops as possible. If you want to be called a Mayor, you should act like one.

Saying it again and clicking your heels together still won't make your wrongness right son.

Too bad your opinion doesn't matter that much to me.

So what? :lol: Most politicians 'don't do their jobs' in the eyes of a lot of people. Doesn't change the fact that they are still elected and still holding their positions.

Again, matter of perspective. You may feel comfortable calling them by their titles regardless if it is deserved, I don't. Me acknowledging someone with a title when I don't feel they do their job that the title entails discredits everybody else with the same title who at least try and do their job and only further enables that person, which is exactly what many people did with this so-called "Mayor Rob Ford."

When he was stripped of pretty much all of his powers, it was done so because nobody thought he should hold that position anymore yet didn't have the legal power to directly remove him from the position. The only thing they could do was to strip him of almost all his mayoral powers.... which essentially leads to him no longer being the mayor.

Now if you want to cling with your fingernails to the trivial technicality of "Title-Only" by all means. In essence he was no longer the Mayor at that moment.

Man, are you ever an angry spiteful individual. It's a CBC article about the sick Mayor. Get over it.

I'm nowhere near angry. I've got better things to focus on than to get emotional over some internet forum posting.

Spiteful?

I sure am. I would have assumed you had figured that out a long time ago. But don't confuse Spitefulness as Anger. It's easier to not get confused if you just keep in mind that I'm a D*ck.

There's that anger again.

Hardly.

Far-distant and far-removed but quite a mad young feller. :lol:

Maybe you should just stick to moderating rather than trolling because you don't troll very well.

Oh wait, then again, you are the Rob Ford of the Moderators, I forgot.... maybe you should stick with the trolling instead.