Gym kicked out a man for wearing a pro-life shirt

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
land of the free

A Deltona, Florida, man told Orlando’s WFTV that his anti-abortion T-shirt got him kicked out of a Planet Fitness gym.

Mike Amoroso, 70, has a collection of anti-abortion shirts and said he’s passionate about the issue.

But after someone complained about him wearing the shirts at the Planet Fitness in Orange City, he was told to change or leave.

“She told me, ‘I am very sorry. We have someone who is not happy with your shirt. Someone is offended by your shirt,’” Amoroso said. “I said, ‘You know, I wear them all the time.’ She said, ‘You’ll have to leave,’ and I left.”

Amoroso believed the issue wasn’t what his shirt said but how the message was delivered. So the following day, he wore a “softer” anti-abortion shirt, which was also deemed too offensive.

“Do you understand why people are offended?” asked reporter Shannon Butler.

“Yes. Yes, I do,” Amoroso said.

But for Amoroso, it’s about freedom of speech. He said he has nothing against women who chose abortion, but one day would like to see an end to abortions. He added that he’s upset the shirts offended someone but said at least it’s starting a conversation about the topic.

“This doesn’t deter you even though people are offended from wearing these?” Butler asked.

“No, I might wear them more,” Amoroso said.

WFTV reached out to Planet Fitness management about the issue but has not received a response.

Read more at This gym kicked out a man for wearing a pro-life shirt | Rare

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/20/too-fit-for-planet-fitness_n_5002658.html

oh sure, private business and like that...yeah yeah...The managers will use their discretion when it comes to any workout attire that they believe is either inappropriate, offensive, or will cause safety concerns.