Gervais charged!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
string im up.

Get all the rope in Texas and find an old oak tree, then hang im from the highest branch for all the folks ta see.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I hope it all goes fast and he's fined to recoop the costs then send him back to work n pay his taxes.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The law should be rewritten making impersonating an officer a fineable offence. Then if he wants to challenge the fine in court that would be his choice but with all the evidence most would just pay the fine.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This is a reaction to a despicable act, but it hardly merits criminal charges. He's a liar, possibly a pathological liar, but beyond pretending to be someone he is not he has only inflicted damage upon himself and his family. I don't feel much pity for him, but spare the outrage and let's move on.

Let's go lock up some Child Molesters rather than an idiot poser.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The law should be rewritten making impersonating an officer a fineable offence. Then if he wants to challenge the fine in court that would be his choice but with all the evidence most would just pay the fine.
But. . . but. . . he impersonated a sergeant, not an officer.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is a reaction to a despicable act, but it hardly merits criminal charges. He's a liar, possibly a pathological liar, but beyond pretending to be someone he is not he has only inflicted damage upon himself and his family. I don't feel much pity for him, but spare the outrage and let's move on.

Let's go lock up some Child Molesters rather than an idiot poser.

Eggs Zachery!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
"'Falsely impersonating a Canadian Armed Forces member is an issue to be taken seriously and is covered under Section 419 of the Criminal Code of Canada.'"

How do you falsely impersonate ?

Earlier the DND or whomever had him "personating"

"wiggle to the left
then wiggle to the right
and ..............personate
yah.........per son ate.

He and his bosses should do a comedy routine.........along with the Ottawa police.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Huh? The point was saving money on court cases. What does rank have to do with that?

Good point. The other option is to just scrap that law altogether.

You said impersonating an officer should be made a fineable offence. Just pointing out Gervais didn't impersonate an officer.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You said impersonating an officer should be made a fineable offence. Just pointing out Gervais didn't impersonate an officer.

Good point. I'll blame it on lack of sleep.

Ah heck just to get back at ya, a sergeant is an officer, just not a commissioned one. An NCO (noncommissioned officer).
So there.

But I do get the point that this could apply even to a private.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just a small point here, the article said the uniform was incorrect, so I'm thinking a good lawyer (get up here Bones) could argue he wasn't impersonating anyone!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Good point. I'll blame it on lack of sleep.

Ah heck just to get back at ya, a sergeant is an officer, just not a commissioned one. An NCO (noncommissioned officer).
So there.

But I do get the point that this could apply even to a private.
Poor boy. Nobody ever told you that NCO stands for Non-Committal Orifice?