Another school shooting.....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Jaylen Fryberg (Source: Facebook)

Two students are dead after one of them opened fire Friday morning in the Marysville-Pilchuck High School cafeteria before turning the gun on himself, according to law-enforcement sources.
Police said four other people were wounded in the 10:45 a.m. shooting.
Austin Joyner, a student at the school, said on Twitter that he saw the shooter come into the cafeteria, walk over to a table, pull out a gun and shoot students who were sitting there.

More: 2 dead, 4 wounded in shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High | The Today File | Seattle Times

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
Kids should be allowed to go to school without passing through metal detectors or risk being shot.

As I lifetime gun owner and veteran my position on gun control has changed 180 degrees since Newton. I now subscribe to the philosophy the of early 20th century gun enthusiasts who were the first to advocate gun control laws in order to keep them out of the hands of children and undesirables. And while the definition of undesirable has changed the idea that some people in society should not have guns hasn't.

I believe those with mental health issues, criminal records, immigrants and other non citizens along with children under 12 should not be allowed to handle, own or possess firearms;

I believe between the ages of 13-21 you should not be allowed handle a fire arm without the supervision of someone who is properly trained;

I believe no one should be allowed to purchase or own a firearm who has not been trained in the handling of firearms;

I believe that firearms should be properly secured and not accessible by anyone other than the owner;

I believe in a free registry of all firearms whether purchased from a gun shop or manufactured in your garage;

I believe some weapon types, caliber and ammunition types should be illegal in Canada;

I believe the penalties for violating gun laws should be considerably higher.

I do not believe in open carry.

I do not believe in concealed carry with the exception of active police or military and only after further training and certification.

None of the above will stop more Newton's, theatre shootings or terrorist attacks but it will keep the frequency from spiraling out of control while our society continues it's descent down the toilet.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I believe those with mental health issues, criminal records, immigrants and other non citizens along with children under 12 should not be allowed to handle, own or possess firearms;
Yes, because the kid that lifted the loaf of bread when he was starving, living on the streets at 18, but turned his life around by 30, should never be allowed to own a firearm.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
Yes, because the kid that lifted the loaf of bread when he was starving, living on the streets at 18, but turned his life around by 30, should never be allowed to own a firearm.

It doesn't have to be absolute. One can be pardoned or appeal to a review board for example. Some lesser crimes could be exempt. Same with mental health, when you're cleared you should be good to go but so long as you are on a prescription or under medical supervision then nada.