News exposing faults in security

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I am just watching the french news about a report the Provincial Police made after the Ottawa shooting about the security of the provincial parliament. In thirty seconds they practically exposed every weakness for a terrorist to get in and where. This report was probably more to get things moving for better security but I wonder how responsible they would feel if by the next day there was a shooting or bombing there?

On the other hand I guess they didn't learn a thing when Marc Lapine waltz in there with a machine gun, he was military.
Oh well .... live and learn and learn and learn and still flunk

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I am just watching the french news about a report the Provincial Police made after the Ottawa shooting about the security of the provincial parliament. In thirty seconds they practically exposed every weakness for a terrorist to get in and where. This report was probably more to get things moving for better security but I wonder how responsible they would feel if by the next day there was a shooting or bombing there?

On the other hand I guess they didn't learn a thing when Marc Lapine waltz in there with a machine gun, he was military.
Oh well .... live and learn and learn and learn and still flunk

wow...

Marc Lépine (aka Gamil Gharbi - Algerian father) was a rejected wannabe military psycho with daddy issues who shot and killed 14 women at École Polytechnique with a mini-14 rifle, not a machine gun. The chickensh!t killed himself afterwards.

Denis Lortie, ex-military, while wanting to kill René Lévesque, didn't use a watch so got there too early so he murdered 3 civil servants and wounded 13 others in your Hôtel du Parlement using 2 machine guns and a pistol. This also-psycho was eventually talked down by the Sergeant-at-Arms, René Jalbert.

carry on.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
wow...

Marc Lépine (aka Gamil Gharbi - Algerian father) was a rejected wannabe military psycho with daddy issues who shot and killed 14 women at École Polytechnique with a mini-14 rifle, not a machine gun. The chickensh!t killed himself afterwards.

Denis Lortie, ex-military, while wanting to kill René Lévesque, didn't use a watch so got there too early so he murdered 3 civil servants and wounded 13 others in your Hôtel du Parlement using 2 machine guns and a pistol. This also-psycho was eventually talked down by the Sergeant-at-Arms, René Jalbert.

carry on.
Sorry got the names wrong thanks for correcting

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am sure the really good terrorists already know the weaknesses if a journalist can find them.

Appearanltly the guards to the parliment buidings were not armed nor are there any plans to arm them.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am sure the really good terrorists already know the weaknesses if a journalist can find them.

Hell i knew them. You only have to go onto the grounds of parliament once to realize there is very little security. Do it a couple times and you would have enough to plan an attack. I imagine that is about to change and its about time.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Listening to the media, in particular the American media (cough cough CNN), one would think that we need to arm the public, close the borders and buy kevlar umbrella's because the f_cking sky is falling. The connection between ISIS and these individuals is tantamount to Justin Beiber being Tupac.

These twits are a one off, okay a two off, but the media is perpetuating this lunacy by making it something which it is not. A terrorist conspiracy.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Listening to the media, in particular the American media (cough cough CNN), one would think that we need to arm the public, close the borders and buy kevlar umbrella's because the f_cking sky is falling. The connection between ISIS and these individuals is tantamount to Justin Beiber being Tupac.

Well it is the American media. Its what they're good at. A big reason why I stopped watching CNN.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

These twits are a one off, okay a two off, but the media is perpetuating this lunacy by making it something which it is not. A terrorist conspiracy.
Years ago it was discovered that sex sells. And sell it did!

Then they discovered that abject mortal fear sold even more!

They need to get back to the basics. Selling sex.

I mean, er, um.......

Well it is the American media. Its what they're good at. A big reason why I stopped watching CNN.

It's a game of one up man ship. The audience is the big loser there though.