RCMP investigate officer after derogatory comments about First Nation

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if he was talking about LaLoche. Nope Sucker River.

"If you are a front line officer and you begin to hate the people you police you need to move because that's not why you signed up."

Easy to say, but places that are under constant siege usually breed this sort of attitude after awhile. LaLoche is a community where whitey is not welcome. I did some work up there a few years ago and we were warned that the local Gangsta's were coming out to rob. They showed up, but pulled back when a few of the workers were bearing arms. They also had the RCMP Detachment under siege.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Lol....too funny. Though this should be in the dumb, stupid and just plain ignorant cop thread. I do wonder though, if a cop had posted the same thing about the people of Barnwell or Foremost, would he still be considered racist?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Maybe to you but you see racist everywhere.
Don't be silly, I don't see racists everywhere.

I'm not even convinced Anthony is a racist. Probably just stupid.

That's too bad but it's probably why you consider yourself disadvantaged.
Again, don't be silly. I don't consider myself disadvantaged. That's just something you made up.

Probably because you admittedly don't get out enough.

I love how you want to talk about me though, I really appreciate how much you love and adore me.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wonder if he was talking about LaLoche. Nope Sucker River.

"If you are a front line officer and you begin to hate the people you police you need to move because that's not why you signed up."

Easy to say, but places that are under constant siege usually breed this sort of attitude after awhile. LaLoche is a community where whitey is not welcome. I did some work up there a few years ago and we were warned that the local Gangsta's were coming out to rob. They showed up, but pulled back when a few of the workers were bearing arms. They also had the RCMP Detachment under siege.

I too have been up to Laloche on business (though years ago now)
many times, and it was an adventure (negatively) every time. It was
one of the weirdest places I'd been ever.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Maybe the racism and derogatory nature with which natives have been treated and thought of for so long is coming to an end.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ya, we were shot at on our way into Placer Dome's portal at Pickle Lake.

Even the fuel tankers were targeted.

It happens when people feel they're getting the poopy end of the stick.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
RCMP investigate officer after derogatory comments about First Nation

Oh oh, this should cause some consternation with the cop/injin hater crowd, lolz.

I'm sure there is a lot of animosity on both sides, probably most it is felt to be justified. Perhaps even most of it is, based on their experiences. Still, holding onto that will not benefit anybody, just keeps the same wheel going around. In other words, both "sides" are getting what they give and both sides need to give better if they want something better.

That said, it is the mandate of the RCMP to maintain order and, whether one can understand where the sentiment comes from or not, this is something more than just a 'heat of the moment' angry thought. It takes at least some time to log in Facebook and post a message, and if an individual whose job it is to help maintain order can carry that sentiment around with him long enough to do that, then he's carrying it around all the time and will be ineffective in his job, at minimum. He should be transferred out, in my opinion.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Umm, they drop off drunks on the highway to freeze to death, they taser old people and young kids, they beat up people at peaceful rallies, but they get reprimanded for racist remarks? Something screwy going on.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Check his logs, maybe he is getting the worst patrols more often than he should. The country must be running pretty smooth if this is a headline. lol

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Racist remarks or venting frustration? Ever been to northern Sask? Is it a civilized place. Are tribal indifferences racist? Is it all one big happpy family right but for some reaason the Dene hate the Cree and the Chippewans feel shafted and disadvanted by both Cree and Dene.

It's a f-cked up very large chunk of Canada..

What would you do to settle the indifference hatred and jealousy?

Last edited: