Jaack the Ripper identified

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
More than a century after Jack the Ripper stalked London’s Whitechapel district savagely butchering at least five women, a self-described “armchair” detective claims to have solved one of the world’s most notorious murder mysteries.

In an interview published Sunday in London’s Daily Mail, Russell Edwards claims Aaron Kosminski, a 23-year-old Polish hairdresser was behind the grisly killing spree that gripped London’s East End slums in 1888.

As proof, Edwards explained how he used DNA testing from a shawl that belonged to one of victims, Catherine Eddowes, which contained both the blood of the victim and her killer.

He bought the shawl at auction in Bury St Edmunds, and enlisted the help of an expert in molecular biology, Jari Louhelainen from the Liverpool John Moores University, who took on the task of testing the blood stains.

“I wanted to provide real answers using scientific evidence, and I’m overwhelmed that 126 years on I have solved the mystery,” Edwards told the Daily Mail.

He said he was inspired to begin studying the case after he saw the 2001 film From Hell starring Johnny Depp who plays a detective trying to catch Jack the Ripper.

WATCH: Video of “Naming Jack the Ripper” by Russell Edwards
NAMING JACK THE RIPPER, BY RUSSELL EDWARDS - YouTube

read more