Men's-only haircut leads to a human-rights complaint

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nobody likes a pushy dyke.

Regina barber shop refused woman service

"Ragged *** Barbers - get your ragged *** haircut," is what you hear from a woman's voice on the website for a Regina barber shop. However, only men can get their hair cut at Ragged *** Barbers on Robinson Street in the heart of the Cathedral area of Regina.

The owner, Craig Zomonsky, says he dreamed of an old-style men's barber shop which would do classically stylish cuts for men. That dream has now turned into a bit of a nightmare, with a human rights challenge over the exclusion of women from the shop.

"This past week has come with a lot of stress," Zomonsky told John Gormley Live on Thursday.

He says he has never spoken with the complainant, gender activist Evie Ruddy, who has also not spoken with us. She is quoted as saying she called the shop last week asking for a men's hair cut but was refused. Now she says she has contacted the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission to complain.

Zamonsky said he has not had any contact with the human rights commission so far.** He also says he had no intention of discriminating against anyone, only to provide a unique service.*

"The focus is to provide exceptional men's grooming to men" he says, adding that there are scores of hair stylists available who do hair for both women and for men.** He also says he is grateful for all the support he has been receiving from the public, but is also asking everyone to be respectful to the views of those on both sides.

Men's-only haircut leads to a human-rights complaint | News Talk 980 CJME

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Imagine that? A men's only barbers. Shocking!

That woman needs to get a life.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So she's a lesbo. Obviously she needs a men's barbers because women's hairdressers don't give crew cuts.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I bet you she's one of those ultra feminist freaks who heard of the place and just called up so she had a reason to b*tch.

women have all kinds of women only services, such as fitness / gyms like Curves. I got the stink eye just walking in there once with my ex gf.

Heaven forbid men get a place to call their own.

Fk'n skank, gotta ruin it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Even the Boy Scouts are no longer the Boy Scouts anymore. Girls are allowed to join that, too.

In thse days in the West, men and boys aren't allowed to do things on their own. They also have to have females with them. Ancient men-only clubs and men-only golf courses around the country are being shut down or forced to admit women in the name of "equality" whilst women-only gyms and other such organisations continue to grow.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yup... women only gyms and they laugh at the irony of being able to keep them that way while forcing men's clubs, places to go coed.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There was an item on the news last year about a men's club somewhere in England that is being threatened with closure. The only woman who's allowed in is the barmaid - and she said it's disugusting that the PC authorities who rule us to try and trying to shut it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
For some reason I thought we had a thread on this exact subject last year.

???

There was a Muslim barber shop which refused to serve women last year. They wouldn't do it because they would become unclean touching a woman. They would have to marry each one before they could cut their hair or something.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'm sure I'm supposed to 'feel' something about this tragedy, but I don't.