NATO planning rapid-deployment force of 10,000 troops to counter Russia

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
NATO planning rapid-deployment force of 10,000 troops to counter Russia

NATO is working towards the creation of an expeditionary force composed of 10,000 troops from seven different member states as a result of escalating tensions with Russia over the conflict in Ukraine.

According to the Financial Times, the force’s creation will be spearheaded by Britain and involve contributions from Denmark, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Norway, and the Netherlands. Canada is also interested in joining the group, but it’s not known what its final decision will be.

Although no formal announcement has been made, British Prime Minister David Cameron is expected to declare its formation at the upcoming NATO summit in Wales on September 4th.

Many specifics have yet to be worked out or announced, but planners are reportedly implementing ways to increase the number of soldiers involved even more if necessary. Air and naval units will be integrated into the group, as well as ground troops led by British commanders.

As noted by the Times, the creation of the force comes as a response to Russia’s involvement in the ongoing Ukrainian crisis, with the ultimate goal being to “create a fully functioning, division-sized force for rapid deployment and regular, frequent exercises.” NATO has accused Russia of deploying more than 1,000 troops into Ukraine to bolster separatists in the eastern part of the country.

Russia, however, insists that it does not have troops operating inside of Ukraine and has dismissed NATO’s assertions.

Despite the fact that NATO has opted not to act militarily in Ukraine – unnamed sources told Foreign Policy on Friday that there are no plans to confront Russia with anything more than stronger sanctions – Jonathan Eyal of the London-based Royal United Services Institute said the group needs to demonstrate that its eastern European members are just as integral to the alliance as other states.

“We need to end the idea of different zones of security in Europe,” he told the Financial Times. “We need to be talking about prepositioning, regular rotation of troops and making it very clear that we do not accept that the eastern Europeans are in some different category of membership of NATO.”

The revelation also arrives just a few days after NATO’s Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen expressed interest in forming “a more visible presence” in Eastern Europe in the form of facilities capable of rapidly receiving “response forces” needed to counter Russia.

For his part, Russia’s envoy to NATO, Aleksandr Grushko, said any attempt to push stretch further into the region would impact Moscow’s own security planning.

Source: http://rt.com/news/183828-nato-rapi..._medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

Getting a bad feeling, and the fact that he has nukes??

Vladimir Putin: Don't mess with nuclear-armed Russia

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Frighten me... no I have a bad feeling for the USA..

I like Putin's style.. sorta like President Bush, doesn't take any BS. "Either your with us, or with the terrorists!"

WWIII and Obama defending the USA.. LOL

Your afraid for a place that stopped existing at the end of the American civil war. The ret is historized holly-wooden. Why do you give a fock about a failing Empire?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Nuclear Weapons (HBO) - YouTube

America has over 4,800 nuclear weapons, and we don’t take terrific care of them.
It’s terrifying, basically.

After you watch the above Youtube, them watch this one..

MAXIMUM ALERT US & NATO planning to NUKE Russia and China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - YouTube

Relax, MAD rules, we'll work a deal, first we sacrifice a bunch of meat, then we;; draw up a contract. Nobody will hurt you.

Who the fock is John Olivar?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Relax, MAD rules, we'll work a deal, first we sacrifice a bunch of meat, then we;; draw up a contract. Nobody will hurt you.

I'm not worried blondbeaver, I think the world is way to over populated and a good war to eliminate about 2/3 is long overdue.

We are over using earths resources and can not sustain the growth.. oil is the next WWIII.

Bring it on..

Who the fock is John Olivar?

News broadcaster and comedian.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I'm not worried blondbeaver, I think the world is way to over populated and a good war to eliminate about 2/3 is long overdue.

We are over using earths resources and can not sustain the growth.. oil is the next WWIII.

Bring it on..

News broadcaster and comedian.

Yes I agree, buy why should I be taxed to death when we could accomplh the pop goal organicly at a fraction of the new prised ho tech sh it heads.Geologic history is littered with near extinction events, free extinction events, why do I have to fight the terrorists, thety'er in the extinction zone anyway.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
from CBC:

"It's partly the freedom of not mattering," said Hansen. "The Canadian government can shout and scream as much as it likes knowing that it doesn't really have to do anything. In contrast, Obama and [German Chancellor Angela] Merkel have to measure every word because the entire world is hanging on them and have a level of responsibility that neither Harper or Baird has or will have." (fin)

Hairpiece and Bullshyte know they're a couple of puking little quisling idiots, like the little kid telling passing bikers to **** off; the bikers just can't be bothered.

Canada's Arctic Sovereignty ! - don't ****ing count on it. These two idiots would be pissing their pants if Putin looked at them in a serious manner.

They are very careful not to really kick the hornets nest. Arm their "Northern Rangers :roll:" with WW 2 Lee Enfields..........Go for it all you FN guys. Make us proud. Harpo will send your survivors some Kraft Dinner or something.........a plaque........framed picture of himself.