UK Islamist suspected of slaying US journalist ‘identified’

B00Mer
UK Islamist suspected of slaying US journalist ‘identified’

British intelligence forces, MI5 and MI6, say they have identified the Islamic State fighter from the UK suspected of killing US journalist James Foley, according to top government sources, The Sunday Times reported.

The masked man, nicknamed “Jihadi John” spoke with a London accent when he appeared in chilling footage showing him murdering Foley, and then threatening a second captive, American journalist Steven Sotloff.

The Islamic State militant group released the footage last Tuesday. Foley, a US freelance journalist, was captured by militants in Syria in 2012, while Sotloff was kidnapped there in 2013.

Key suspect in the case is currently 23-year-old Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, according to The Sunday Times. Bary reportedly left his family’s home in West London last year and has recently posted a photo of himself holding a severed head.

Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond commented in The Sunday Times, writing “it is horrifying to think that the perpetrator of this heinous act could have been brought up in Britain.”

However, talking to CNN, Britain’s ambassador to the United States, Peter Westmacott only said the country was “close” to identifying the man.

"We're putting a lot into it," he said on Sunday, adding the means included voice-recognition technologies.

Foreign Secretary Hammond also said the killing showcases not only the threat of Islamism in Iraq and Syria, but signaled “a barbaric ideology threatening us at home.”

Echoing him, Westmacott stated in his interview that the problem "goes beyond one horrendous criminal."

"People think maybe as many as 500 British subjects have gone to Syria and Iraq for this cause of jihad," he said.

There is rising concern in Britain about the threat from Islamic extremism. Last year an off duty soldier, Lee Rigby, was killed on a street in a London suburb by two British Muslim converts.

In July 2005, 52 people were killed by suicide bomb attacks on London underground trains and buses carried out by four British Muslims, two of whom had been to Al-Qaeda training camps in Pakistan.

On Saturday, the UK home secretary, Theresa May, pledged to strengthen laws to deal with British Islamic militants traveling to the Middle East to fight for the Islamic State. New laws dubbed “ASBO for terrorists” could be introduced for those who radicalize others, while groups believed to encourage terrorism could be banned.

source: ?UK Islamist suspected of slaying US journalist ?identified? ? RT UK (external - login to view)

Source #2: Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary: London Rapper Identified As ISIS Militant Who Beheaded James Foley (external - login to view)

Hope they kill the bastard and fast... but he now knows he has a target on his back.. sleep well.

MHz
I think you might me missing the possibility that he was working for the Queen when doing the beheading. Tower of London and all that rich history of doing things like using other Nationalities to do the dirty work, (or not skilled enough to master like in the pic)

DaSleeper
Oh yeah.....another conspiracy.....

Before they execute him they should lock him up in a pig sty......

damngrumpy
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Still don't think our enemies in the west don't live amongst us?
This guy needs to be captured and the people who supported
him need to be held to account this includes relative living in
Britain who knew what he was doing This is no longer acceptable
to allow family members to be silent while their kin go to fight
against the interests of the home country.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Yes they do.......

Ezra Levant - YouTube

MHz
One spy for America is 'beheaded' and this one quits and goes home. So much for the pipeline to the West. Is that what the announcement that the US was now backing Assad was supposed to relay to this and other CIA operatives?

www.nytimes.com/2014/08/25/wo...r-2-years.html (external - login to view)

B00Mer
Well some good news.. a reporter has been freed in Syria.. not killed or beheaded.

US journalist freed in Syria after 2 years in captivity (external - login to view)

B00Mer
Father of suspected 'Jihadi John' awaiting trial for bombing embassies, was a bin Laden lieutenant (external - login to view)

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..

That's fukked and the Brits didn't see this coming with the kid?

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

I was open with my parents, but had I wanted to be more secretive, I easily could have. What about you and yours?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Well some good news.. a reporter has been freed in Syria.. not killed or beheaded.

US journalist freed in Syria after 2 years in captivity (external - login to view)

More like a spy just got replaced. How many articles did they publish in all. The smuggled letter that was just shown should have been shown when it was received. It is a good exercise though as it shows how little is needed to fool a sheeple. Think his beard was always that nicely trimmed?

Goober

Father of suspected 'Jihadi John' awaiting trial for bombing embassies, was a bin Laden lieutenant (external - login to view)

You have also stated that a 2 year old killed prevents a future terrorist. How in the name of God can you explain such a stance?

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

You have also stated that a 2 year old killed prevents a future terrorist. How in the name of God can you explain such a stance?

They missed.

MHz
You weren't cheering a miss.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

You weren't cheering a miss.

Watch out for the delivery drones (external - login to view) in your area..

MHz
At least you know the stance is one that has no rational defense. (in case you ever forget why I feel a certain way about you that just doesn't seem to relax at all. It's not forced, some things just swing views that much)

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

At least you know the stance is one that has no rational defense. (in case you ever forget why I feel a certain way about you that just doesn't seem to relax at all. It's not forced, some things just swing views that much)

You mean your crazy?

MHz
+1
If the title means I think children are better off alive than spread all over the place I'll take it gladly. I can that in public all year long without regretting it. You seem to have been tuned about voicing your original view.

ISIS seems to have already taken Libya or is that just the normal result of American help.
en.ria.ru/world/20140826/1923...-in-Libya.html (external - login to view)

darkbeaver
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Oh yeah.....another conspiracy.....

Before they execute him they should lock him up in a pig sty......

Hey, the pork chops would be spectacular.

MHz
DS is already locked up in a pig sty, his own mind. (pigs would actually gag at having to go there)

Notice how ISIS is selling oil and collecting taxes and money on utility bills, immune to to US sanctions, I guess at heart in a real battle the US really is a paper tiger. Just a threat of invading the homeland has the US shuttering all the windows and crawling under the bed. Probably sells the oil in Euros also, lol.

DaSleeper
All that is missing in your conspiracies, is that you have at some time in your life been abducted by aliens...

MHz
You are a different kind of missing link. With friends like this who needs enemies?

911 - Missing Links full movie - YouTube

Blackleaf

You don't even know who "this kid" is, never mind who is dad was.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Aug 26th, 2014 at 08:41 AM..

MHz
Do you mean 'at all' or which British citizen he is? Why would not knowing stop the Brits from publishing something? Being void of the facts has never stopped them in the past.

Blackleaf
There isn't even any evidence that he is "British". Some believe the British voice in the video was a mere voiceover, and not the voice of the man in the video.

MHz
So now ISIS is doing voice-overs as well? How long before they win all the prizes on 'The Price is Right' or get a guest spot on 'Celebrity Squares'? Pretty soon the Titanic is going to be an Icelandic ship as the Brits never fuk anything up. Sooner or later liars end up with no friends. This isn't the era where secrets can be kept and the world run on lies..