Drone operators could face charges of voyeurism or criminal harassment: VPD

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Drone operators could face charges of voyeurism or criminal harassment: VPD

A Vancouver man recently raised concerns about a drone buzzing by his patio, but it appears to be far from an isolated incident.

Conner Galway videotaped a drone flying around his 36th floor balcony in downtown Vancouver Sunday night.

The drone remained in the area for almost an hour, and Galway had to call the police.

The video has since gone viral and sparked a heated conversation on social media around security and privacy.

Drone in Crosstown - YouTube

But it turns out Galway’s case is not the only one.

Randy Fincham with Vancouver police says they have received 10 complaints about drones since May.

“They vary from altitude where it is a concern for low-flying aircraft,” says Fincham. “The majority of them are privacy concerns, where the craft is being flown in a manner where it is close to somebody’s apartment and somebody is concerned that someone is looking through the window and you have a peeping drone flying around.”

Fincham says those caught at the controls could face charges including voyeurism or criminal harassment.

Galway believes the operator of the drone had no malicious intent.

“But, at the end o the day, I will always be a little bit jarred when I see a robot floating outside my window, even though I know it does not really have the capability to really see inside my apartment,” he says.

source: Drone operators could face charges of voyeurism or criminal harassment: VPD - BC | Globalnews.ca

After this, you'll want to close your blinds at night..