Open-carry neuroscientist causes a stir at airport


Locutus
#1
that's right, a neuroscientist...anyway, why do people (even the cops) keep calling an AR-15 an 'assault' rifle...it's a goddamn rifle ok.



An Arizona brain scientist was arrested last week after two women said he pointed a semiautomatic rifle at them at an airport coffee shop.

Dr. Peter Nathan Steinmetz, a neuroscientist at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, brought the AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder to Starbucks inside a terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

The Phoenix New Times reported (external - login to view) that Steinmetz was doing nothing wrong until he removed the weapon from his shoulder, accidentally pointing the gun at two women waiting at a gate.


story and video


Brain scientist arrested for pointing AR-15 at women during open-carry display at Phoenix airport (external - login to view)
 
Grievous
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

that's right, a neuroscientist...anyway, why do people (even the cops) keep calling an AR-15 an 'assault' rifle...it's a goddamn rifle ok.



An Arizona brain scientist was arrested last week after two women said he pointed a semiautomatic rifle at them at an airport coffee shop.

Dr. Peter Nathan Steinmetz, a neuroscientist at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, brought the AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder to Starbucks inside a terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

The Phoenix New Times reported (external - login to view) that Steinmetz was doing nothing wrong until he removed the weapon from his shoulder, accidentally pointing the gun at two women waiting at a gate.




story and video


Brain scientist arrested for pointing AR-15 at women during open-carry display at Phoenix airport (external - login to view)


No capital again.


That's just laziness.
 
lone wolf
+3
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

No capital again.


That's just laziness.

So is using contractions when you might have said "that is" to portray the perfection you preach
 
Grievous
#4
I don't have a problem with a few mistakes and I would not use it as an ad hominem.


Like post number 941...


Horror Day of Israeli Attacks:

Or post number 9....


Police chief who clashed with Rob Ford over criminal investigation gets the boot
 
mentalfloss
+1
#5
 
Grievous
#6
Let me guess.


You get grief for posting threads.


Do mods get that same grief?
 
DaSleeper
+3
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

So is using contractions when you might have said "that is" to portray the perfection you preach

i propose; we nominate him for grammar mod-
 
Grievous
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

i propose we nominate him for grammar mod-



Or someone who won't use ad hominem's because they don't like what someone has to say.


Sorry for not toeing the forum line.
 
Nuggler
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

i propose; we nominate him for grammar mod-

That's my job.
 
DaSleeper
+4
#10  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

Or someone who won't use ad hominem's because they don't like what someone has to say.


Sorry for not toeing the forum line.

If you think that any discussion in this, or any forum on the internet, make any difference in the world....You are taking this, and yourself waaaay too seriously,....relax, is the internet, grab a coffee, untwist your panties and take a break....this is the internet....it's not real...

 
SLM
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

If you think that any discussion in this, or any forum on the internet, make any difference in the world....You are taking this, and yourself waaaay too seriously,....relax, is the internet, grab a coffee, untwist your panties and take a break....this is the internet....it's not real...

Exactly!

Except for LOL Cats......that **** gets serious!
 
Locutus
+3
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

Like post number 941...Or post number 9....

relax timmy...it's just the internet...if your shorts get twisted that bad here I'd stay away from places like 4chan...we're happy go lucky denizens...you're lucky to have found us...we accept everybody...just sayin'.

all kiddin' aside grover, everyone here gets elbowed and fake-handshaked from time to time...especially the new kid with glasses that wants to be noticed or a loud shirt guy lookin' for a slow dance with a homely girl at the prom...the web can be a mighty awful place for those that suffer from 'hurt feelings' or are 'offended' by stuff...sometimes it's best to have a look around and see who's who, how they behave, get a taste of mannerisms...sometimes when ya go all out in a rush to be noticed again, people might look at someone like that and say, 'hey look, another wanker'...and you wouldn't want that...awww, I'm just joshin' with ya buddy...relax, pull up a chair and enjoy our rootin' tootin' cannucky hospitality...we'll grow on ya.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

If you think that any discussion in this, or any forum on the internet, make any difference in the world....You are taking this, and yourself waaaay too seriously,....relax, is the internet, grab a coffee, untwist your panties and take a break....this is the internet....it's not real...

yep...there ain't no federal cases here to make vole hills out of.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Exactly!

Except for LOL Cats......that **** gets serious!

I think juan gets a little particular about the kitchen if we leave sphaghetti sauce splashes on the stove but otherwise, the whole forum is up for grabs.
 
Grievous
#13
I thought this about honest debate.


Guess not.
 
SLM
#14
What does commenting on grammar and spelling have to do with honest debate?
 
lone wolf
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

I thought this about honest debate.


Guess not.

Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

No capital again.


That's just laziness.

What was it we were discussing again?
 
Locutus
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

I thought this about honest debate.


Guess not.

right on man!

now there ya go...that's the ol' greevous sense of ha-ha we knew and loved...welcome back to the fold.

or something...anyway, don't take yourself too seriously bud and you'll be just jim dandy.
 
Grievous
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

What was it we were discussing again?



Why did the mod deem it necessary to point out a typo and a missing word in something I had to say?


Why not respond to what I had to say?


For someone who doesn't think what goes on here has any merit he sure posts a lot of threads with serious tones and spends a serious amount of time here.
 
Locutus
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

Why did the mod deem it necessary to point out a typo and a missing word in something I had to say?


Why not respond to what I had to say?


For someone who doesn't think what goes on here has any merit he sure posts a lot of threads with serious tones and spends a serious amount of time here.

they gots me chained to the table.
 
Grievous
#19
Sure buddy, if you say so.


I think you enjoy it.


I also think you and others run from any sort of debate when someone else isn't there to hold your hand.
 
Locutus
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

Sure buddy, if you say so.


I think you enjoy it.


I also think you and others run from any sort of debate when someone else isn't there to hold your hand.

whaddya think of the AR-15 being mislabelled as an *airquote fingers* assault rifle *more airquote fingers*

at least they didn't say it has a big clip.
 
Grievous
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

whaddya think of the AR-15 being mislabelled as an *airquote fingers* assault rifle *more airquote fingers*

at least they didn't say it has a big clip.



Don't really care.


I know I wouldn't want it pointed at me in an airport.
 
lone wolf
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

Why did the mod deem it necessary to point out a typo and a missing word in something I had to say?


Why not respond to what I had to say?


For someone who doesn't think what goes on here has any merit he sure posts a lot of threads with serious tones and spends a serious amount of time here.

Impersonating my ex ain't gonna score you many brownie points here....
 
Locutus
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post



I know I wouldn't want it pointed at me in an airport.



holy crap, we agree on something.
 
Colpy
+2
#24
Yeah, the good Doctor is an idiot.

I don't think he should be charged, and I know the only people who have rights are those that exercise them, AND he was within his rights....

But open carrying in an airport is just looking to cause a furor,

And that is simply very poor manners.
 

Similar Threads

162
1
Visions of Jesus Stir Muslim Hearts
by m_levesque | Dec 21st, 2006
no new posts