Open-carry neuroscientist causes a stir at airport

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
that's right, a neuroscientist...anyway, why do people (even the cops) keep calling an AR-15 an 'assault' rifle...it's a goddamn rifle ok.

An Arizona brain scientist was arrested last week after two women said he pointed a semiautomatic rifle at them at an airport coffee shop.

Dr. Peter Nathan Steinmetz, a neuroscientist at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, brought the AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder to Starbucks inside a terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

The Phoenix New Times reported that Steinmetz was doing nothing wrong until he removed the weapon from his shoulder, accidentally pointing the gun at two women waiting at a gate.

story and video

Brain scientist arrested for pointing AR-15 at women during open-carry display at Phoenix airport

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
that's right, a neuroscientist...anyway, why do people (even the cops) keep calling an AR-15 an 'assault' rifle...it's a goddamn rifle ok.

An Arizona brain scientist was arrested last week after two women said he pointed a semiautomatic rifle at them at an airport coffee shop.

Dr. Peter Nathan Steinmetz, a neuroscientist at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, brought the AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder to Starbucks inside a terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

The Phoenix New Times reported that Steinmetz was doing nothing wrong until he removed the weapon from his shoulder, accidentally pointing the gun at two women waiting at a gate.

story and video

Brain scientist arrested for pointing AR-15 at women during open-carry display at Phoenix airport

No capital again.

That's just laziness.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Or someone who won't use ad hominem's because they don't like what someone has to say.

Sorry for not toeing the forum line.
If you think that any discussion in this, or any forum on the internet, make any difference in the world....You are taking this, and yourself waaaay too seriously,....relax, is the internet, grab a coffee, untwist your panties and take a break....this is the internet....it's not real...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If you think that any discussion in this, or any forum on the internet, make any difference in the world....You are taking this, and yourself waaaay too seriously,....relax, is the internet, grab a coffee, untwist your panties and take a break....this is the internet....it's not real...

Exactly!

Except for LOL Cats......that **** gets serious! ;)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Like post number 941...Or post number 9....

relax timmy...it's just the internet...if your shorts get twisted that bad here I'd stay away from places like 4chan...we're happy go lucky denizens...you're lucky to have found us...we accept everybody...just sayin'. :lol:

all kiddin' aside grover, everyone here gets elbowed and fake-handshaked from time to time...especially the new kid with glasses that wants to be noticed or a loud shirt guy lookin' for a slow dance with a homely girl at the prom...the web can be a mighty awful place for those that suffer from 'hurt feelings' or are 'offended' by stuff...sometimes it's best to have a look around and see who's who, how they behave, get a taste of mannerisms...sometimes when ya go all out in a rush to be noticed again, people might look at someone like that and say, 'hey look, another wanker'...and you wouldn't want that...awww, I'm just joshin' with ya buddy...relax, pull up a chair and enjoy our rootin' tootin' cannucky hospitality...we'll grow on ya. :smile:

yep...there ain't no federal cases here to make vole hills out of.

Exactly!

Except for LOL Cats......that **** gets serious! ;)

I think juan gets a little particular about the kitchen if we leave sphaghetti sauce splashes on the stove but otherwise, the whole forum is up for grabs. ;-)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I thought this about honest debate.

Guess not.

right on man!

now there ya go...that's the ol' greevous sense of ha-ha we knew and loved...welcome back to the fold.

or something...anyway, don't take yourself too seriously bud and you'll be just jim dandy. :smile:

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
What was it we were discussing again?

Why did the mod deem it necessary to point out a typo and a missing word in something I had to say?

Why not respond to what I had to say?

For someone who doesn't think what goes on here has any merit he sure posts a lot of threads with serious tones and spends a serious amount of time here.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Why did the mod deem it necessary to point out a typo and a missing word in something I had to say?

Why not respond to what I had to say?

For someone who doesn't think what goes on here has any merit he sure posts a lot of threads with serious tones and spends a serious amount of time here.

they gots me chained to the table. ;-)

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Sure buddy, if you say so.

I think you enjoy it.

I also think you and others run from any sort of debate when someone else isn't there to hold your hand.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Sure buddy, if you say so.

I think you enjoy it.

I also think you and others run from any sort of debate when someone else isn't there to hold your hand.

whaddya think of the AR-15 being mislabelled as an *airquote fingers* assault rifle *more airquote fingers*

at least they didn't say it has a big clip.