"Innocent" Canadians in jail!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That's good news, we have to keep the prisons full so they make a profit for their owners and if only real criminals were in jail that would mean Canada is a lawless, godless country. By throwing known innocents in jail it can only mean we don't have enough real criminals around to fill the cells.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's good news, we have to keep the prisons full so they make a profit for their owners and if only real criminals were in jail that would mean Canada is a lawless, godless country. By throwing known innocents in jail it can only mean we don't have enough real criminals around to fill the cells.

I don't quite follow your "logic"!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Canada doesn't have privately owned prisons. That's a US thing.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
THAT'S where we are failing! -:)

We don't want for profit prisons. If a man can make money off imprisoning (enslaving) his fellow man, he will. He'll contribute to the political parties that will pass the laws that create a police state.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We don't want for profit prisons. If a man can make money off imprisoning (enslaving) his fellow man, he will. He'll contribute to the political parties that will pass the laws that create a police state.

Just a little 'tongue in cheek' Twila. (They wouldn't be eating Filet Mignon very often)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Canada doesn't have privately owned prisons. That's a US thing.
Taxpayers pay the costs to run the places, a lot is contracted out. It isn't like they will ever start throwing politiciand and lawyers and bankers in jail and they certainly can't shut them down so like England back when they wanted to populate Australia the punishments rise so the 'mission' is completed.
Indians either have a 'gene' issue that prevents them from following the law or they are selected to be the main population in prison.
Canada’s prison population at all-time high - CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News
New figures show the number of visible minorities in Canadian prisons has increased by 75 per cent in the past decade, while the number and proportion of inmates who are Caucasian has declined significantly.
As well, Canada’s prison population is now at its highest level ever, even though the crime rate has been decreasing over the past two decades. Ten years ago, the number of inmates in federal prisons was close to 12,000. It’s now more than 15,000.

I don't quite follow your "logic"!
It's a business more than it is 'pure justice' as rehabilitation takes place outside of prison. Prison is admitting the person can't be rehabilitated by society. Any improvement mnade after the doors close is done by the person. The 'system' expects to see you back again and again until you die.

Just a little 'tongue in cheek' Twila. (They wouldn't be eating Filet Mignon very often)
To a point, treatment is going to see more and more people locked up and the cost per year of caring for that person doesn't vary much if it is Government run or a private corp. (minus corruption costs)
Red Deer is slated to have the biggest remand center in the Province and that is supposed to be in operation for 2016. That means they are expecting to be able to fill all the beds all the time so if crime is going down then the punishments for lower crimes will be increased. The 3 strikes rule is one way the US puts petty criminals away for life for the same crime his cell-mate got 12 months for. The US lists blacks as 'untrainable' and in Canada we put that label on the Indians. It is closer to there being no jobs available for them and at some point the jobs of guards will be gone also as the system would become automated and then the former workers become the potential new inmates.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I was hoping that you had something that would show me that my position was somewhat in error.
Should I tell my wayward in laws to book in early as rooms are limited and then you gat some old place that is ready to be recycled?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
New figures show the number of visible minorities in Canadian prisons has increased by 75 per cent in the past decade, while the number and proportion of inmates who are Caucasian has declined significantly
Keepers of the Earth.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Keepers of the Earth.
They couldn't even say 'Indian', that how persecuted they are. lol in a sad sort of way.

Its also a great place to network...
The ones I know that use that term are unemployed yet haven't hung themselves. Could be the ones at the unemployment center used that term so many times that some made to attend even offed themselves during lunch hour. If the cops let you go when you use the term who am I to mess with a good thing.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The ones I know that use that term are unemployed yet haven't hung themselves. Could be the ones at the unemployment center used that term so many times that some made to attend even offed themselves during lunch hour. If the cops let you go when you use the term who am I to mess with a good thing.

My ex use to use his time to make connections...a break from the "pay you tuesday For a hamburger today" crowd. Its where you go to keep up with the latest scams, drug importers/dealers, whos on top / who isn't, who's solid and who isn't. Prison does not do for the criminal what the public thinks.

One of mans greatest talents is to turn any situation into an advantage by any means necessary.