Yankees Fan Suing ESPN, MLB For Showing Him Asleep At Game Vs. Red Sox

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
:lol:

One New York Yankees fan hopes that suing for snoozing will work out in his favor. Andrew Rector, 26, was caught taking a serious nap during an April 13 “Sunday Night Baseball” game against the Boston Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. The ESPN cameras didn’t let him get away with it, either, shining the spotlight on Rector, who was slumped in his seat during the fourth inning of the close game. Now, Rector has filed a defamation suit, claiming he was called “fatty, unintelligent and stupid” by commentators. He is suing Major League Baseball Advanced Media, ESPN New York, the New York Yankees and ESPN announcers Dan Shulman and John Kruk in Bronx County Supreme Court, seeking $10 million in damages for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress, Courthouse News reported.

Read more at: Yankees Fan Suing ESPN, MLB For Showing Him Asleep At Game Vs. Red Sox (Video) | New York Yankees | NESN.com

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The defense for defamation and slander is truth. Given that the dude is obviously a little plump and that he is sleeping while in a seat he paid good money for I don't think it is out of order to question his intelligence. I see him being offered a settlement in a hurry to shut his fat pie-hole and go away. Maybe something like MLB chump-change and some season tickets.

Only in America though is it possible for some stupid fat ba$tard to get the rich to pay him off for being a stupid fat ba$tard.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The defense for defamation and slander is truth. Given that the dude is obviously a little plump and that he is sleeping while in a seat he paid good money for I don't think it is out of order to question his intelligence. I see him being offered a settlement in a hurry to shut his fat pie-hole and go away. Maybe something like MLB chump-change and some season tickets.

Only in America though is it possible for some stupid fat ba$tard to get the rich to pay him off for being a stupid fat ba$tard.
don't hold back next time k?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
:lol:

One New York Yankees fan hopes that suing for snoozing will work out in his favor. Andrew Rector, 26, was caught taking a serious nap during an April 13 “Sunday Night Baseball” game against the Boston Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. The ESPN cameras didn’t let him get away with it, either, shining the spotlight on Rector, who was slumped in his seat during the fourth inning of the close game. Now, Rector has filed a defamation suit, claiming he was called “fatty, unintelligent and stupid” by commentators. He is suing Major League Baseball Advanced Media, ESPN New York, the New York Yankees and ESPN announcers Dan Shulman and John Kruk in Bronx County Supreme Court, seeking $10 million in damages for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress, Courthouse News reported.

Read more at: Yankees Fan Suing ESPN, MLB For Showing Him Asleep At Game Vs. Red Sox (Video) | New York Yankees | NESN.com

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Just give him some hotdogs and Crackerjacks.;) He certainly doesn't deserve to get any money out of this.