Kindergartener Pulls Down Pants, Forced to Sign 'Sexual Misconduct' Confession

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A 5-year-old boy in Surprise is accused of sexual misconduct for pulling his pants down on the playground.

The mother of Eric Lopez says back in April, her son was on the playground at Ashton Ranch Elementary School when another student told him to pull his pants down or else he would do it for him.

Erica Martinez’s son complied, pulling down his pants and underwear in front of several other students.

When teachers saw what happened, they hauled Eric into the principal’s office where he was forced to sign a document that labeled his actions “sexual misconduct.” Eric received detention as punishment.

Martinez says she was not present for the meeting and not notified about the incident until after the fact.

“He’s a 5-year-old," Martinez said, angrily. “He does not know right from wrong yet.”

Martinez showed 3TV documentation confirming that she tried to appeal the label in her son’s permanent file.

“My son is not a sexualized minor,” Martinez said.

The school responded in a letter saying it followed proper procedures and protocols.

Dysart Unified School District policy labels indecent exposure as a form of sexual misconduct. Under the district rules, administrators must present the student with the accusations, but they are not required to have a parent present for the meeting unless a student specifically asks for his or her parent to be there.

Martinez said her kindergartner did not know he had the right to do that and signed the documents because school administrators told him to.

She wants the documentation removed from her son’s file or amended to eliminate the “sexual misconduct" language.

“I’m just heartbroken,” Martinez said. “That’s not my son.”

3TV reached out to a Dysart Unified School District spokesperson for a response but did not hear back.

Kindergartner accused of sexual misconduct | azfamily.com Phoenix

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Fk'n school board policy. This wouldn't have been an issue 10-20 years ago. Morons.

If the kid had that right to have his parents involved then they should have explained that right to him. Because they didn't explain his rights, this document should be considered void. One also has to account for intent, which there was nothing sexual.

Whoever is in charge of that decision should be punished accordingly.

And what about the kid who told him to do it or would do it for him? He should get the same punishment the other kid did.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Another display of administrative inadequacy.

She will have to head to a lawyer....

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
wtf? I remember seeing something similar happen when I was that age and so far as I know the kid never had to sign anything like this or really get into any trouble. Being mocked by the kids surrounding him was probably more than enough.

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
If I were his parent I wouldn't stop until it was removed from the file. And geez, can't they call it 'inappropriate behaviour'? Sexual misconduct is ridiculous!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Soon there will be PC flash mobs going about to descend on five and six
year old's everywhere spying on them. These are children for God's sake

If you want to crack down on bullies start with the School Boards and maybe
some teaching administrators Ask yourself what would be on our records
today. When we were little we did all kinds of silly things it wasn't a crime
it was growing up as children The people in charge need their collective
heads read

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Aren't these schools supposed to be doing something about bullying? If so, they are doing a piss-poor job of it. Another student (allegedly) tells the boy that if he doesn't pull his pants down, he will? How is that not bullying?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Aren't these schools supposed to be doing something about bullying? If so, they are doing a piss-poor job of it. Another student (allegedly) tells the boy that if he doesn't pull his pants down, he will? How is that not bullying?

And on what universe can a 5 year old represent himself in legal matters without a parent and/or lawyer present?