B.C. reacts to historic Indian land claim ruling

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
B.C. reacts to historic Indian land claim ruling

The Supreme Court of Canada has granted declaration of aboriginal title to more than 1,700 square kilometres of land in British Columbia to the Tsilhqot'in First Nation, the first time the court has made such a ruling regarding aboriginal land.

read more: Tsilhqot'in First Nation granted B.C. title claim in Supreme Court ruling - Politics - CBC News

Circle the wagons!!!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
seems fair to me, they have spent years in the courts, and the supreme court made this decison,

so, no war, peaceful negotiations thru the proper channels, so good for them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They got screwed but did it themselves.

They are no better off and don't have ownership, just usage just like everybody else.

Oh well

This time they can't say they we're tricked by f-ckin' whitie.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The short version is boy did we get fukked over again by the supreemes. The only blessing if you can call it that is that thr rules are now fairly clear. BC stands a good chance to become a third world country.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The real problem with this decision and others like it is that the courts are creating two levels of citizens based solely on race. This is not good for democracy and in the long run will only produce more jobs for lawyers at huge expense to theeconomy.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
They are getting the same land rights we have. Bupkis. It could make them taxpayers.

We can afford to wait another 50 years or so. You are kidding, right? Their lawyers are paying taxes with our money. Is anyone interested in honesty in the native industry? Of course not.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The Courts shouldn't be involved with this at all. It a Legislative prerogative and shows you how far the SCOC has designated itself supreme dictator of Canada. It is a institution that is now beyond the checks and balances that provide at least some restraint in the U.S. Federal System.. and has become nothing short of a judicial tyranny.... run by vastly intellectual and moral mediocrities like that idiot Chief Justice.. Bev McLachlin.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The Courts shouldn't be involved with this at all. It a Legislative prerogative and shows you how far the SCOC has designated itself supreme dictator of Canada. It is a institution that is now beyond the checks and balances that provide at least some restraint in the U.S. Federal System.. and has become nothing short of a judicial tyranny.... run by vastly intellectual and moral mediocrities like that idiot Chief Justice.. Bev McLachlin.
Ah, so you prefer legislated tyranny by vastly inferior intellects in parliament then.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Exactly. Natives have been third class citizens at best for the last two hundred years. Maybe now they will be second class.

I would pay top dollar to watch you discuss haw badly natives have it with Chief Clarence Louie... I figure that you'd get about 10 words out of your mouth before he slapped you silly.

The only ones keeping down the Natives are themselves

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I would pay top dollar to watch you discuss haw badly natives have it with Chief Clarence Louie... I figure that you'd get about 10 words out of your mouth before he slapped you silly.

The only ones keeping down the Natives are themselves
If you mean that natives can improve themselves by becoming capitalist pigs and assimilating into the mindless consumer society that dominates them, then, sorry, I think you are farting in the wind. You and all those who think they are superior because of your greed and avarice don't have a clue what it means to have a conscience, to be concerned about future generations. It is all about the quick buck and screw the next generations. Rape and pillage the environment mentality will not sit well with our grandchildren and they will hate you for it. Many already do.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
At least they're ultimately answerable to an electorate.

Absolute power corrupts.. absolutely. (Lord Acton).
Then you don't understand how the political system works. There is no democracy. You only get to vote for those that the ruling class pays to pretend they are running the country. You really have no choice. They own you and the country. Ain't nothin' gonna change until the sheeple wake up to the fact that they are being royally screwed.