U.S. Special Forces Apprehend Benghazi Suspect

B00Mer
U.S. Special Forces Apprehend Benghazi Suspect

The United States has captured a suspect in the September 11, 2012 attack on the American consulate in Benghazi that left four American personnel dead, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

U.S. Special Operations forces captured Ahmed Abu Khattala near Benghazi in a secret raid over the weekend, the result of months of planning; no American casualties were reported. Khattala is now being held in a secure location outside of Libya. It is unclear whether the U.S. was operating with the approval of the Libyan government.

Khattala, named by the U.S. as one of the leaders of the militant group Ansar al-Sharia, is one of a dozen suspects charged in connection with the attack, all of whom have thus far eluded capture. Khattala had previously been found and interviewed by a CNN reporter.

source:: U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid - The Washington Post (external - login to view)

Isn't this well timed... just to deflect lost emails.. ya think. God Obama is a miserable failure.

Colpy
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
What an opportunity!!

I'm sure Obama can work out a trade for this guy. Maybe someone in Libya lost their dog.......or had it wander away.....

gopher
+1
Quote:

Obama is a miserable failure.

A failure for capturing a suspect? Hmmm - interesting.

By the way (not to change the subject unnecessarily on anyone) did Bush capture the terrorists who killed more embassy employees during his regime? I don't see any discussion on that and wonder why.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

A failure for capturing a suspect? Hmmm - interesting.

By the way (not to change the subject unnecessarily on anyone) did Bush capture the terrorists who killed more embassy employees during his regime? I don't see any discussion on that and wonder why.

NetSol (Network Solutions) after 9/11 was the main Domain Registrar and their database was unique, you could enter the name of a person and it would show the domains owned and address of the individual..

Osama Bin Ladin's address in Pakistan was available to all for a year after 9/11 until they changed their whois database..

Been changed.. was a street address in a small northern town in Pakistan

Registrant Organization: Computer Reflexes International
Registrant Street: Address Address
Registrant City: Karachi
Registrant State/Province: NA
Registrant Postal Code: 123456
Registrant Country: PK
Registrant Phone: +92.1234567890
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext.:
Registrant Email: etaleem@hotmail.com (external - login to view)
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: K Hussain
Admin Organization: ABC
Admin Street: Address1
Admin City: Karachi
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 123456
Admin Country: PK
Admin Phone: +92.1234567890
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext.:
Admin Email: etaleem@hotmail.com (external - login to view)
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: K M Jilani
Tech Organization: Computer Reflexes International
Tech Street: 7 BYJHS Block 7/8, Amir Khusro Rd
Tech City: Karachi
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 75350
Tech Country: PK
Tech Phone: +92.214530556
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech Fax: +92.214530557
Tech Fax Ext.:
Tech Email: etaleem@hotmail.com (external - login to view)
Name Server: ns13.ixwebhosting.com
Name Server: ns14.ixwebhosting.com

BaalsTears
+2
Obama has known where this terrorist hangs out for more than a year. He hangs out in coffee houses in Benghazi. Why was the terrorist captured now instead of when Obama first found out about his location? This seems like a PR stunt to get the fall of Iraq off of page one.

Btw, does Obama still maintain that a video made by a guy in Southern California was the cause of the attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi?

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Btw, does Obama still maintain that a video made by a guy in Southern California was the cause of the attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi?

And the only one who has done jail time.

Locutus
U.S. military and Federal Bureau of Investigation personnel have captured a senior suspect in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to a U.S. official familiar with the matter.

The suspect, Ahmed Abu Khattala, is currently in custody outside the U.S. but authorities plan to bring him to court in Washington, D.C., where sealed charges have been filed against him. He is the most high-profile of the suspects wanted in the 2012 attack on the consulate, an incident over which congressional Republicans have sharply criticized the Obama administration.

The official said the suspect was captured in the Benghazi area by special forces and FBI personnel, none of whom were hurt in the snatch and grab operation.

A Pentagon spokesman confirmed that Mr. Abu Khattala was captured on Sunday, and that all the U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya. (external - login to view)

more

online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-f...ect-1403020289 (external - login to view)

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

I for one appreciate that members like gopher and tay know how to use the search function to avoid unnecessary threads man.

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...apprehend.html (external - login to view)

Okay, I know.. I'm an azzhole. But I just had to point out the irony.

Count_Lothian
+1
Well that have to do something and quick to get Hilary off the Benghazi hook

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...apprehend.html (external - login to view)

Okay, I know.. I'm an azzhole. But I just had to point out the irony.

yeah, yeah...there's identical and then there's the eyesore similar.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

yeah, yeah...there's identical and then there's the eyesore similar.

You have no idea... he clipped it on the tear gland and it swelled up ...

Just rescued the cat from the pound and this is how he pays me back..

Was going to take him on a trip to Canton, GA, but he panicked at the sound of the Big Rig engine and batted me in the eye.. swollen and a black eye.

taxslave
Cats make good travel companions. Just takes a bit to get them used to traveling.

BaalsTears
I bet this isn't the first time you've been injured by crazed *****.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Cats make good travel companions. Just takes a bit to get them used to traveling.

Yeah, well he got to stay home this trip... did want to stress him out.. watching him on my security monitor..

B00Mer
LOL Border Agents are under gag order, but Governor Rick Perry states "he said people from Syria with connections to "terrorist regimes" were taking advantage of the situation."

Why didn't he just state they caught 5 Syrians with a dirty bomb already..

Rick Perry: Obama Is Inept on Border Crisis (external - login to view)

The info trickles out slowly. Soon full disclosure and and watch the border get closed, sealed with the Military.

The panic may extend to the northern border too..

darkbeaver
+1
Capture or Create? Brought to you by the producers of the block buster theatrical hit of 2001, WMD's In Bagdad.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Capture or Create? Brought to you by the producers of the block buster theatrical hit of 2001, WMD's In Bagdad.

O.K. I'll give you a thumbs up... it's not a mistake..

So what's your solution to the mass illegal intrusion, and what is currently going on in Iraq??

1. The Border, send the military down there

2. Iraq, let it implode and let the people fight for their own destiny...
Freedom isn't Free, if they want it, fight for it..

Try to reply in a civil manner DarkBeaver.. I'm sincerely interested in your opinion. Keep it short.

darkbeaver
+1
Division of Iraq into three pieces has been on order for over thirty years. Ask Brezinsky. To conquer the whole of Eurasia you have to go up into it's belly with the sea behind you. Divide and conquer. One big efficient global community with lots of new space.

B00Mer

Division of Iraq into three pieces has been on order for over thirty years. Ask Brezinsky. To conquer the whole of Eurasia you have to go up into it's belly with the sea behind you. Divide and conquer.

yeah, I agree..

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

yeah, I agree..

It's unclear weather or not you approve of the plan though. It has ghastly ramifications. Especially for six billion or there abouts. Freedom for the planets hereditary elite is not free. You and I will pay. hahahahahahaha

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

What an opportunity!!

I'm sure Obama can work out a trade for this guy. Maybe someone in Libya lost their dog.......or had it wander away.....

Does it hurt to hate Obama so much that you wish this guy had never been captured? Gotta be some cognitive dissonance in there.

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Does it hurt to hate Obama so much that you wish this guy had never been captured? Gotta be some cognitive dissonance in there.

The funny thing is, I don't hate him.

I hoped McCain would win, but when he lost, I kinda got caught up in the moment. I wished Obama the very best, I believed it might be a turning point in US history.

Turns out, it was.

But not in the direction we thought.

Obama, like most politicians, is corrupted by power. His greatest sin, however, is his total incompetence. And the fact that when he is overwhelmed by circumstance, he does not buckle down and focus......he walks away to the nearest golf course.

Never has any man fallen so far in my personal opinion.

Tecumsehsbones
That's actually a fairly healthy resolution of the cognitive dissonance. The honesty is a bit questionable, but at least you ain't kicking a dog.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

The funny thing is, I don't hate him.

I hoped McCain would win, but when he lost, I kinda got caught up in the moment. I wished Obama the very best, I believed it might be a turning point in US history.

Turns out, it was.

But not in the direction we thought.

Obama, like most politicians, is corrupted by power. His greatest sin, however, is his total incompetence. And the fact that when he is overwhelmed by circumstance, he does not buckle down and focus......he walks away to the nearest golf course.

Never has any man fallen so far in my personal opinion.

So you admit that you were in favour of the Insane McCain, emphasis on Cain, thing and upon his loss got caught up in the ballons and confettii of the Obama thing. You have proven that you are a poor judge of politicians, America is grateful that you don't vote down there, well a few of them are, I'm sure. At the time of Mad McCain,s attempted slither into power I remember teasing you about your lack of discrimination. How can we trust you to lead our country Mr Harper, I mean Colpy?

That's actually a fairly healthy resolution of the cognitive dissonance. The honesty is a bit questionable, but at least you ain't kicking a dog.

Maybe not, but he did lick MaCain a lot.

B00Mer

Maybe not, but he did lick MaCain a lot.

LOL just had a crazy thought...

Goober

Obama has known where this terrorist hangs out for more than a year. He hangs out in coffee houses in Benghazi. Why was the terrorist captured now instead of when Obama first found out about his location? This seems like a PR stunt to get the fall of Iraq off of page one.

Evidence needed for the Federal Court case.
Now is this a DP case?

BaalsTears

The capture was a PR stunt. He could have been picked up at any time over the last year and a half. His capture was saved until now for political purposes.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Evidence needed for the Federal Court case.
Now is this a DP case?

If you want to approach this subject from a legalistic standpoint then tell me why Obama didn't seek the extradition of this fellow? An extradition application could have been made without an extradition treaty. Obama hasn't even tried to negotiate an extradition treaty.

DP? Double Penetration? Displaced Person? Dutch Pastries?

Goober

The capture was a PR stunt. He could have been picked up at any time over the last year and a half. His capture was saved until now for political purposes.

If you want to approach this subject from a legalistic standpoint then tell me why Obama didn't seek the extradition of this fellow? An extradition application could have been made without an extradition treaty. Obama hasn't even tried to negotiate an extradition treaty.

DP? Double Penetration? Displaced Person? Dutch Pastries?

Due to the political situation in Libya, almost at the failed state.
To bring him to trial, rules of evidence apply.
He will appear before a Judge, and his attorney will be looking for disclosure.
No arresting him and then looking for evidence.
The Judge would throw it out.

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Due to the political situation in Libya, almost at the failed state.
To bring him to trial, rules of evidence apply.
He will appear before a Judge, and his attorney will be looking for disclosure.
No arresting him and then looking for evidence.
The Judge would throw it out.

What political situation? Obama recognizes a legitimate govt. in Libya. He could have applied for extradition of this fellow.

The fellow captured will be traded for an American hostage to be named.

The captured fellow is a victim of a video made by a guy from Southern California.

darkbeaver
American TV ain't what it used to be, this whole expensive production aint no Bonanza, can't compete with Gunsmoke or even Father Knows Best. Leave it ti Beaver crushes it.