Texas woman gets 10 years for animal torture videos

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Texas woman gets 10 years for animal torture videos
Jim Forsyth, Reuters
First posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 05:41 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, May 29, 2014 05:56 PM EDT
SAN ANTONIO - A Texas woman was sentenced to 10 years in prison on Thursday for her role in making sexual fetish films called "crush videos" that show women using weapons and stiletto high heels to bludgeon and torture animals.
Ashley Richards, 23, of Houston, pled guilty to three counts of animal cruelty, in the hopes of eventually getting probation, according to Camille Hepola, a spokeswoman for the district attorney in Harris County, which includes Houston.
"We wanted to make sure she would get prison time," Hepola said.
According to the indictment, Richards appeared in several videos. In one set, she was seen slicing a small dog's neck with a knife and slashing the animal's leg and neck with a meat cleaver.
"When a person tortures and kills an animal, that raises a red flag about that person's capacity for violent behavior in general," Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson said.
An attorney for Harris was not immediately available for comment.
The man who allegedly filmed the videos, Brent Justice, 52, also of Houston, has been charged with animal cruelty and is being held on $50,000 bond. Hepola said Justice has not entered a plea.
Hepola said the Richards case will be taken to the Texas Legislature when it convenes in January with the aim of having lawmakers set longer maximum prison times for certain types of animal cruelty.
Texas woman gets 10 years for animal torture videos | World | News | Toronto Sun

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Torturing animals for sexual pleasure is the early warning sign for a murderous psychopath. Glad she got 10 yrs, too bad they can't transplant empathy.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Surprising. This sentence is a hell of a lot more reasonable than she would have received here or in most other places. Generally one only gets a slap on the wrist for this sort of thing. Glad to see that is apparently changing.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Surprising. This sentence is a hell of a lot more reasonable than she would have received here or in most other places. Generally one only gets a slap on the wrist for this sort of thing. Glad to see that is apparently changing.

Yeah Canada is lacking in Animal Cruelty laws.. look at that punk that Microwaved waved a family cat when they broke into a house.

Do that to my cat and see what it gets ya...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah. Can you imagine what it would be like in a women's prison being an animal abuser? I'd think it would be even harder.
she is going to suffer yes!!

I am not saying that is a good thing, only that what goes out, comes back

it's going to be a hard ten years

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

it's going to be a hard ten years

I think actually doing time is the one part of the equation we sometimes neglect to think about when we hear about the amount of time someone is given.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think actually doing time is the one part of the equation we sometimes neglect to think about when we hear about the amount of time someone is given.

True. Most of us without knowing what doing time is like tend to think "hey thats not enough" or "that sounds right" when really, we don't really know. The closest Ive come is being held in a hospital for 2 days. It was really awful just knowing I could not leave no matter how comfortable I was. Ten years? Yeah, that isn't really imaginable to me.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Agreed.
I will never forget working with an Asian woman from China

She told me they immigrated to Canada decades ago. She told me, until one is not free, one can never understand that death is worth the risk. She knows.

It cemented my stance against capital punishment and reinforced my belief that those who think living incarcerated with tv and computers is luxury know nothing about freedom and the human condition.

They have zero knowledge of the human psyche/soul/being.

Death is a release.

Incarceration is true payment.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

If its at the hands of other prisoners or extra judicial Id say its a very bad thing. I really don't get why so many people are ok with prisoners brutalizing each other. Most of them will be coming out again at some point. Allowing that to happen to them is not going to do society any favours when those people get out. They'll be harder, more angry and even less inclined to follow the law.

It cemented my stance against capital punishment and reinforced my belief that those who think living incarcerated with tv and computers is luxury know nothing about freedom and the human condition.

They have zero knowledge of the human psyche/soul/being.

Death is a release.

Incarceration is true payment.

Agreed. They could lock me up in a mansion with all kinds of comforts and a staff to cater to my every whim. If I can't leave the place or see friends and family regularly it'll be a living hell after a few weeks tops.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
If its at the hands of other prisoners or extra judicial Id say its a very bad thing. I really don't get why so many people are ok with prisoners brutalizing each other. Most of them will be coming out again at some point. Allowing that to happen to them is not going to do society any favours when those people get out. They'll be harder, more angry and even less inclined to follow the law.
I believe you are right.
it's revenge philosophy and indicates unresolved issues within themselves

they paint the victim as innocent which they are (in that circumstance) and they paint the perp as wrong (in that circumstance) which they are...it's black and white but of course, human nature is not black and white, and neither is very much else

it is a very naive way of viewing the world, but it is an easy way and doesn't involve much thought or reflection, which fits many people's agenda

Agreed. They could lock me up in a mansion with all kinds of comforts and a staff to cater to my every whim. If I can't leave the place or see friends and family regularly it'll be a living hell after a few weeks tops.
most, do not catch that concept, let alone begin to understand it

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
recidivism and punishment. Study of prisons the world over:

Scandinavian countries are often considered models of successful incarceration practices,particularly Norway which, at 20%, has one of the lowest recidivism rates in the world. Here, too,the focus is far more on rehabilitation and less on punishment. The thinking is that justice for
society is best served by releasing prisoners who are less likely to reoffend.
http://www.salve.edu/sites/default/files/filesfield/documents/Incarceration_and_Recidivism.pdf