Conservative government supports torture.

Cobalt_Kid
+3
#1  Top Rated Post
How does this reflect Canadian values?

Tories secretly gave Canadian military OK to share info despite torture risk - Politics - CBC News

Quote:

The federal policy has drawn sharp criticism from human rights advocates and opposition MPs, who say it effectively condones torture, contrary to international law and Canada's United Nations commitments.

The war in Afghanistan is a stark illustration of the fact Canadian military forces can and do develop close relationships with foreign security forces that are unquestionably responsible for torture, said Alex Neve, secretary general for Amnesty Canada.

Quote:

A policy that leaves the door open for the possibility of collaboration even if torture may result "is particularly troubling," Neve said in an interview.

The memo says the Defence directive was to flow from a federal framework that "establishes a consistent process of decision making" across departments and agencies when the exchange of national-security related information puts someone at serious risk of being tortured.

Federal conservative values maybe, but not traditional Canadian ones.

DaSleeper
+1
You and Flossy should get together and flip to see who posts the next anti-Harper Rant........

forums.canadiancontent.net/ca...-military.html (external - login to view)

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_KidView Post

How does this reflect Canadian values?

Tories secretly gave Canadian military OK to share info despite torture risk - Politics - CBC News

Federal conservative values maybe, but not traditional Canadian ones.

Oh look, yawn, another cut and paste piece of spam from the Cobalt Kid.

Cobalt_Kid
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Oh look, yawn, another cut and paste piece of spam from the Cobalt Kid.

Yes, I'm sure that CBC has no real standing when it comes to news in Canada.

If you have nothing remotely relevant to say then why even post on topics you obviously have no real interest in discussing?

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Yes, I'm sure that CBC has no real standing when it comes to news in Canada.

If you have nothing remotely relevant to say then why even post on topics you obviously have no real interest in discussing?

I watched the CBC try and smear our soldiers with the old torture crap and it didn't pass the sniff test.

Oh, and to answer your question. Why don't you go wipe that Liberal Jizz off your chin before it leaves a stain.

Cobalt_Kid
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

You and Flossy should get together and flip to see who posts the next anti-Harper Rant........

So you come down on the pro-torture side?

Nice to know, not something I'd be proud of as a Canadian.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2 / -1

F_ck you are an idiot.

Cobalt_Kid
+2 / -1

F_ck you are an idiot.

And you're a psychotic creep.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

And you're a psychotic creep.

You missed a spot.

Tecumsehsbones
+3
An' yer mom's fat!

Retired_Can_Soldier
Yeah.

Goober
+1

On a rare occasion, yes I do.

eh1eh
+1
Just stop it and turn it up, I don't want mommy and daddy to yell about Stephen with a ph..

Cobalt_Kid
+2 / -1
Makes you wonder how many of the "posters" here are conservative sock puppets when the same people come on and say the same thing over and over again in response to certain key issues.

It's not like we're dealing with a government with any identifiable morals, this is just more evidence as far as I'm concerned.

Torture is wrong, I don't care how Harper or any of his people try and spin it.

eh1eh
+2

Makes you wonder how many of the "posters" here are conservative sock puppets when the same people come on and say the same thing over and over again in response to certain key issues.

It's not like we're dealing with a government with any identifiable morals, this is just more evidence as far as I'm concerned.

I really think that even the people who are conservative who which I may not agree are not 'sock puppets'.

Goober

According to the criteria you have described, you would be Conservative. Red or Blue Tory?

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

According to the criteria you have described, you would be Conservative. Red or Blue Tory?

His delusions have become legendary.........

Cobalt_Kid
+1
I get that conservatives would just love to live in a non-informational environment,but I'm really tired of being with stupid.

In the future reply to my posts with facts and with respect or expect no reply.

Goober
+3

I get that conservatives would just love to live in a non-informational environment,but I'm really tired of being with stupid.

You don't get what you don't give. Respect is earned, oh but some think they do not have to earn respect, it is automatically a given. Welcome to reality- It is earned.
And you have not earned it, as a matter of fact, if it was economics you are running a significant and long term deficit. Structural deficit comes to mind, from the neck up.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Let's break this down shall we.

I get that conservatives would just love to live in a non-informational environment,but I'm really tired of being with stupid. <-----This is fact right? Full of facts about us Conservatives wanting to live in a non-informational environment. Uhhuh,. yup that's it.

You know about as much about facts as the Kool Aid drinkers in Jonestown. And respect. You haven't exercised an ounce of respect since you got here Gilligan. All you've done is spam the board with your propaganda. You don't want to debate, you want to shout down the other person and now that people have started hammering on you about it you're making demands that will never be met.

So here's a rolling donut, how about you take a flying leap at it.

Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I really think that even the people who are conservative who which I may not agree are not 'sock puppets'.

Oh you're just a closet conservative sock puppet for making such an outragous statement.
Last edited by Retired_Can_Soldier; Apr 13th, 2014 at 10:47 PM..

damngrumpy
+1
The problem for the Conservatives has been they came to power promising there would
be a focus on moral issues as well as political accountability. Accountability in many
cases has fallen short. The Senate Scandal is two fold Harper appointed the members
who were not worthy to serve. Before being Prime Minister he once said he would not
appoint unelected Senators.
The headline here is over the top I will admit but when torture is used and we denounce
torture and demand justice for it when it happens through the world court we should not
use information gained by outright torture at the hands of others. That is a standard
belief.
there is one more but here though. We are dealing with people who are so sinister they
would use any method to do their evil even if it means killing children or women or who
ever. The also make human bombs out of the mindless people they brainwashed.
At some point we have to say, protection of our innocent must count for something.
I think we can't play by the rules with people who won't play by international rules.
Often enough I am not a fan of the Tories but can you imagine the screaming from the
left right and center if they had information and didn't use it and people died?

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The problem for the Conservatives has been they came to power promising there would
be a focus on moral issues as well as political accountability. Accountability in many
cases has fallen short. The Senate Scandal is two fold Harper appointed the members
who were not worthy to serve. Before being Prime Minister he once said he would not
The headline here is over the top I will admit but when torture is used and we denounce
torture and demand justice for it when it happens through the world court we should not
use information gained by outright torture at the hands of others. That is a standard
belief.
there is one more but here though. We are dealing with people who are so sinister they
would use any method to do their evil even if it means killing children or women or who
At some point we have to say, protection of our innocent must count for something.
I think we can't play by the rules with people who won't play by international rules.
Often enough I am not a fan of the Tories but can you imagine the screaming from the
left right and center if they had information and didn't use it and people died?

I spent a good deal of time training with some of best officers that Nato has had to offer and also worked with military intelligence in our tactics school. The first thing they teach about interrogation is that you never put your hand on a prisoner. To do so is to taint any useful intelligence you might extract. That is the standard.

What I find appalling about horse hockey like the Op is contending is the believe that we can possibly invoke our standards upon the shoulders of these foreign countries. We can't and some pencil neck in Ottawa, be it Liberal, Conservative or New Democrat is not going to be able to mandate it either.

Some seem to forget that it was the Liberal Party of Canada who committed our soldiers to this Nato effort (and rightly so), but at that time Prime Minister Jean Chretien tried to dress it up as a friggin Peacekeeping mission. An outright lie, but heck that's all history. I watched this mission very closely because my son and nephew served on it and my nephew buried a couple of his friends along the way. My son was overseas for four bloody tours.

If we want our soldiers to be completely free of any type of foreign military scandal we should not send them on any deployment because whether you like it or not they cannot take every prisoner of war into full custody and bring them back to Canada. If we did that we'd end up with a whole hockey sock of Omar Khadr's. And one's enough thanks.

Anyway, that's my two cents on this propaganda thread.

Liberalman

Some seem to forget that it was the Liberal Party of Canada who committed our soldiers to this Nato effort

And it was the Conservative government that changed it to a combat mission so the majority of blood is on their hands

mentalfloss
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

This is the second time I've posted a thread first and it wasn't merged.

Mod is not doing his job.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Hey slick, do you know how many moderators are on this site?

...also, do you think they read each and every thread?

...also, have you ever thought of maybe doing what other members do and PM a mod to request a merge/edit/deletion etc.

Have a good one.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

And it was the Conservative government that changed it to a combat mission so the majority of blood is on their hands

No, that's a complete lie. The mission never changed. After Paul Martin became PM, the CDS General Rick Hillier informed the public that our forces would be suffering casualties as a result of the mission. It was never a peace keeping mission and Canada assumed its role of leading the Nato mission under PM Paul Martin.

I'm not going to drag out a bunch of dates and beat you over the head with them, because we both know I'm right.

If you like you can check wikipedia (external - login to view). Our first boots on the ground were the JTF2 who fought along side the navy seals in 2001.
Last edited by Retired_Can_Soldier; Apr 14th, 2014 at 07:04 AM..

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

belief.

And the evil conservatives want to cut down all the trees and put a smoke stack on every corner .

B00Mer

WOW!! What a sensational title... I guess we should just feed them cookies and milk and tell them everything is going to be O.K.

Meanwhile they had information that could have saved 100's or 1000's of lives.. maybe from a bomb on a train, a tanker truck that could be used as a weapon, and so on.

These are new times, the enemy does not wear a uniform, this is no longer conventional warfare, they walk among us, could be your neighbor, your kids teacher, a doctor, engineer...

''The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one''

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Quit your cry'in.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

WOW!! What a sensational title... I guess we should just feed them cookies and milk and tell them everything is going to be O.K.

Hey Boom,

The take-away here is that you should never, ever get in between an ideologue and her cubs.... Even if you have powerful bullsh*t repellent, a charging ideologue is an irrational and mentally unstable foe.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

On a rare occasion, yes I do.

I can imagine..