Man guilty of killing daughter in revenge drowning death

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man guilty of killing daughter in revenge drowning death
Daniel Kelley, Reuters
First posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 01:57 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, April 03, 2014 06:14 PM EDT
A New Jersey man was found guilty of first-degree murder on Thursday for tossing his toddler daughter, strapped in her car seat weighted down by a tire jack, into a frigid creek, prosecutors said.
Arthur Morgan III, 29, faces life in prison without parole for the murder committed during a court-approved visit with 2-year-old Tierra Morgan-Glover in November 2011.
Morgan killed Tierra to exact revenge on her mother, his estranged girlfriend who had custody of the girl, according to the Monmouth County District Attorney's Office.
Two days after Morgan failed to bring the girl back to her mother, the child's body was found submerged in a stream by a group of teenagers playing in Shark River Park, about 35 miles (56 km) west of Trenton, New Jersey.
The prosecutor said the girl was alive when the car seat hit the water.
The gruesome discovery of her body sparked a nationwide manhunt and about a week later Morgan was arrested in San Diego by a federal task force.
His sentencing was set for May 28. His public defender attorney did not return calls seeking comment.
Man guilty of killing daughter in revenge drowning death | World | News | Toronto Sun

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
How could this possibly be his first demonstration that he is unfit as a father and as a human being?

How?

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
How could this possibly his first demonstration that he is unfit as a father and as a human being?

How?

It probably isn't. People are taught from a very young age to not judge a book by it's cover. To give second chances. That gut feelings are not reliable. Children are taught to obey and trust authority. We hit children when they don't. Then when they become adults they talk themselves out of seeing what they see. OR talk themselves into seeing what they want to see.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It probably isn't. People are taught from a very young age to not judge a book by it's cover. To give second chances. That gut feelings are not reliable. Children are taught to obey and trust authority. We hit children when they don't. Then when they become adults they talk themselves out of seeing what they see. OR talk themselves into seeing what they want to see.
I have to say Twila, I have never understood that urge to deny what is right before us...never.

I remember dating this one fellow... first time he took me out, he picked me up 40 minutes late... I knew right there...red flag... how can people not see that as an indicator of possible problems to come. It is just a small warning from the universe to "watch", no need to conclude...but "watch".

This guy is a piece of work...and they allowed him visitation... there is way more to this story ... the death of this child is just the conclusion.

We failed this child. As we do so many others that appear in the system early.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I have to say Twila, I have never understood that urge to deny what is right before us...never.

I remember dating this one fellow... first time he took me out, he picked me up 40 minutes late... I knew right there...red flag... how can people not see that as an indicator of possible problems to come. It is just a small warning from the universe to "watch", no need to conclude...but "watch".

This guy is a piece of work...and they allowed him visitation... there is way more to this story ... the death of this child is just the conclusion.

We failed this child. As we do so many others that appear in the system early.

Sal, then you're parents did right. I have seen children told that the person they've just met is now their uncle. The man their mother is dating is now their dad. We do terrible things to children without much thought to the consequences.

Children are told respect is given automatically. I told my daughter respect is earned and never assumed or a given.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Child murderers tend to have a rough time of it in prison. He'll either be in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.. or he'll be given some 'convict justice' in the prison yard.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sal, then you're parents did right. I have seen children told that the person they've just met is now their uncle. The man their mother is dating is now their dad. We do terrible things to children without much thought to the consequences.

Children are told respect is given automatically. I told my daughter respect is earned and never assumed or a given.
I did have great parents Twila...and my mum was big on gut instinct which I always thought was just a female thing until I dated a cop and realized gut instinct is all black and white... it's merely observation and rapid conclusion.

a good thing to teach your daughter that respect is earned..she won't end up with the wrong type of guy...like someone did in the above article..

and that was what really bothered me when I read it...woman have babies with these guys that are pieces of offal from the get go

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I feel bad for the teenagers who discovered her body in the creek. I would have nightmares about that for the rest of my life.:(

I hope he enjoys his nice, long prison stay. And I hope he gets a warm welcome there as well.