Russell Crowe meets Archbishop of Canterbury

Blackleaf
New Zealand actor Russel Crowe has met the 105th Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, at the Archbishop's residence Lambeth Palace in London.

Mr Crowe is playing the title role in biblical drama Noah, which is currently topping the US Box Office.

His visit to the principal, earthly leader of the Church of England came after the London premiere of Crowe's new film, Noah, and the two men discussed "faith and spirituality".

Russell Crowe meets archbishop to discuss Noah film

1 April 2014
BBC News

The two men held a "short private meeting" at Lambeth Palace

Hollywood actor Russell Crowe has paid a visit to the Archbishop of Canterbury in London.

The New Zealander held a "short private meeting" with The Most Reverend Justin Welby, Lambeth Palace said.

Mr Crowe is playing the title role in biblical drama Noah, which is currently topping the US Box Office.

His visit came after the London premiere of the film, and the two men discussed "faith and spirituality".

Afterwards, the archbishop tweeted: "Great visit from @russellcrowe, talked about Noah and his films.

"He spoke to as many people as possible, sense of humour, impressive."

Russell Crowe, centre, plays Noah in the epic

On its website, Lambeth Palace, which tweeted a photograph of the two men together, said: "The Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby today met with actor Russell Crowe to discuss faith and spirituality."

Noah took $44m (£26.4m) in its first weekend in the United States.

Speaking about playing the lead role, Mr Crowe has said: "It has something for people of faith and people who don't have faith. It's an intense experience."

Lambeth Palace is London is the Archbishop of Canterbury's official residence

Locutus
+2
fuk russell crow, that no good rat bastard.

Cliffy
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Don't hold anything back now! Let us know what you really think.

Spade
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Don't hold anything back now! Let us know what you really think.

Locutus is famous for understatement.

Locutus
looks like he has a nice hair hat too.

WLDB
+1
Havent seen it. Dont know if I will. I do like him sometimes though.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Have you still not forgiven him for Robin Hood?

Let it go man, just let it go.

WLDB
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Have you still not forgiven him for Robin Hood?

Let it go man, just let it go.

ha, it was better than Kevin Costner's. Though that isnt saying much.

Spade
Locutus identifies with the Sheriff?

Locutus
+1
You mean this isn't that stupid bearded stand-up limey comedian then? It's someone else named russell? Oh dear.

Russell Crowe, Russell Crowe...hmmm...lemme see now...nope, never heard of him. Sorry.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

ha, it was better than Kevin Costner's. Though that isnt saying much.

True. Although the Sheriff of Nottingham in the the Costner version was brilliant!

Tecumsehsbones
+1

True. Although the Sheriff of Nottingham in the the Costner version was brilliant!

Alan Rickman. One of the great scenery-chewing hams of the silver screen.

SLM
+3
#13  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Alan Rickman. One of the great scenery-chewing hams of the silver screen.

I'd almost pay to watch him read the phone book, lol. He'd deliver it brilliantly.

Locutus
+1
Didya ever see Elton sing a 'new oven' manual? He could do the music for Rickman's phonebook
experience.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchv974NJLvvjRU

darkbeaver
A couple of world class entertainers meet for tea,BFD.

EagleSmack
+1
"If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!"

Tecumsehsbones

I'd almost pay to watch him read the phone book, lol. He'd deliver it brilliantly.

Or at least very, very passionately.

EagleSmack

lmao.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Or at least very, very passionately.

I love him the most when he's at his sarcastic best. Think Dogma or Galaxy Quest. Also, though the film really didn't do the books justice, can you think of a better voice for Marvin the Paranoid Android?

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

lmao.

I bet he'd make it entertaining. Lol

Tecumsehsbones

I love him the most when he's at his sarcastic best. Think Dogma or Galaxy Quest. Also, though the film really didn't do the books justice, can you think of a better voice for Marvin the Paranoid Android?

And even though it was way too pop, his sneering, snarling Professor Snape was the best performance in the Harry Potter films.

gerryh
Why would Crowe want to meet the spawn of Satan?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Why would Crowe want to meet the spawn of Satan?

Autograph? Role research? Photo op? Prince Harry was busy?

gerryh
Prince Harry was probably busy and he decided to go slumming.

Blackleaf
The Best Moments Ever of Severus Snape ! - YouTube

The British are very good at playing bad guys. That's why the baddy in American films is always a Brit and never a Yankee. I mean, a Brit, Mark Strong, has even been choses to play Lex Luthor in the next Superman film, even though Lex Luthor himself isn't British.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...?frame=2644172

An advert for this year's Super Bowl explored why Brits make good baddies, with plausible reasons including the British accent, British determination and focus, impeccable British style and sophistication, and the famous British ‘stiff upper lip’.

But, of course, the main reason why Brits make the best villains is because they always drive Jaguars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2Bls1KKDwmo
Last edited by Blackleaf; Apr 4th, 2014 at 06:37 AM..