Pope accepts resignation of German 'Bling Bishop'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
(CNN) -- Pope Francis has accepted the resignation of a German bishop who was under investigation for spending $42 million on the renovation of his residence.

Bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Elst is known as the "Bling Bishop" because of his extravagant lifestyle.

According to a Vatican statement, Tebartz-van Elst will be given another occupation in due time.

The bishop, who is known as theologically conservative, has denied any wrongdoing, saying the cost overruns on the renovation are legitimate because surrounding structures had to be protected, including the old city wall.

Pope accepts resignation of German 'Bling Bishop' - CNN.com

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
(p u s s y)
In that church they theoretically get no *****. You could live like that.?

In my mind, an altar boy just wouldn't cut it.

But thousands of RC clergy are maybe right............not for me to say

It's a failed theory, has been since day two. I was only thinking of the renovations I could make to my shack with 43 million.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
(p u s s y)
In that church they theoretically get no *****. You could live like that.?

In my mind, an altar boy just wouldn't cut it.

But thousands of RC clergy are maybe right............not for me to say

Surprise surprise, brainless wonders bringing up child abuse in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

I'm thinking you don't like the competition.

Percentage of child sexual abusers in general population. 3%

Percentage of child sexual abusers in Catholic Church. 1.8%

Well look at that nuggy, you've got more competition in the general population that you do from the RC's.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Surprise surprise, brainless wonders bringing up child abuse in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

I'm thinking you don't like the competition.

Percentage of child sexual abusers in general population. 3%

Percentage of child sexual abusers in Catholic Church. 1.8%

Well look at that nuggy, you've got more competition in the general population that you do from the RC's.

Were you an altar boy, or an altered boy. Seems your knowledge is phenomenal. First hand ?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Years ago I was an alter boy and no I was never abused. We see a man who is
more like a politician than a priest. He should leave the clergy and look for work
else where. As for the topic of sex abuse and the clergy I think there is another
thread for that. I was more interested in the fact he is conservative in theology
and yet a spend thrift. Then again as a spend thrift he should become a Canadian
Senator. Conservative and a big spender.