Another mother-of-the-year

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

the sick bitch

Arapahoe County mother accused of faking 6-year-old son's cancer, accepting $25,000 in donations

Mom convinced son he had cancer, authorities say

ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. - An Arapahoe County mother has been arrested for allegedly perpetrating a hoax that her 6-year-old son had cancer and accepting $25,000 in community donations that she used to take her family to Disneyland, authorities said Friday.

Arapahoe County Sheriff's Captain Larry Etheridge said Sandy Thi Nguyen convinced her son and other family members that he had cancer.

"We don't have any reason to believe that anyone other than her knew the truth," Ethridge said. "The little boy believed he had cancer. The rest of the family believed he had cancer."

Sheriff's investigators recovered $23,000 in cash when they executed a search warrant at the Nguyen family home on Thursday.

Investigators then arrested the 28-year-old mother on investigation of theft and criminal impersonation to gain benefit, both felony charges.

Nguyen has been released from jail after posting a $10,000 bond.

more

Arapahoe County mother accused of faking 6-year-old son's cancer, accepting $25,000 in donations - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
jeebus krisp! what a horribly selfish woman. I can't imagine the psychological damage that she's done to her son. I'll imagine the first thing will be trust issues.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So next time when someone's child does have cancer the purse strings will be harder to loosen.

I hope child investigative services checks out this horrendous situation.

She needs help.