Teen dad allegedly bit baby's nose off

spaminator
Teen dad allegedly bit baby's nose off
QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 02:54 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, March 14, 2014 07:23 PM EDT
Police in California charged an 18-year-old man who allegedly bit his infant son's nose off.
Doctors determined the one-month-old baby suffered a skull fracture and a brain hemorrhage, and that one-third of his nose had been severed, according to the police department in Fairfield, about 80 km northeast of San Francisco.
The baby boy was in stable condition Thursday.
Police said the infant's 17-year-old mother, who was not identified, was "hysterical" when she called to report her boy was bleeding from his nose.
Police allege the father bit his son's nose out of frustration from the infant's crying. They are still investigating how the other injuries occurred.
Joshua Cooper is charged with child cruelty and aggravated mayhem.
Joshua Cooper. (Fairfield, Calif. Police Department/HO)

Teen dad allegedly bit baby's nose off | World | News | Toronto Sun

WLDB
"I got your nose!"

mentalfloss
Babies are fukking annoying.

Locutus
Been saying that for years. Nobody cares though. Say it's MY problem.

SLM
+2
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Been saying that for years. Nobody cares though. Say it's MY problem.

Uh huh. So violence and mutilation is a healthy and productive way of dealing with this????

This "father" is fukking animal.

Sal
And now who is going to assume responsibility for this poor kid who will likely be severely challenged due to the injuries.

parents 18 and 16 left with a newborn...

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Uh huh. So violence and mutilation is a healthy and productive way of dealing with this????

Uh, no.

And yes, the so-called father should rot away somewhere.

p.s. we're in trouble now MF. way to go.

SLM

Uh, no.

Thought not.

Sometimes we can come across a random thought written and posted that, in the context of the OP, can be somewhat startling for those that read it. When I read even a thread title like this one, it kind of kicks me in the gut and so does perhaps casual, flippant commentary therein. (More the first post I replied to, to be honest.)

No offense intended.

Locutus
It's ok. I thought I'd play cute with MF but it backfired.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

So are you.-

SLM

It's ok. I thought I'd play cute with MF but it backfired.

Locutus, you should know by now. You have to let me in on the plans.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

And now who is going to assume responsibility for this poor kid who will likely be severely challenged due to the injuries.

parents 18 and 16 left with a newborn...

Yeah, the world has certainly deteriorated in 50 years!

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

what a start to life for this poor little one

petros
Nasty

gerryh
+1

Man, would you please educate yourself before opening your damn mouth.

http://www.americanbar.org/content/d...thcheckdam.pdf
Prep school teacher abused pupils 50 years ago, court told | UK news | The Guardian
safety - Were children safer in the good old days? - Skeptics Stack Exchange

JLM

what a start to life for this poor little one

Yeah, it's F...ing bullsh*t. Wonder what the chances are of drugs somehow being involved! He needs to be thumped upside the head with a piece of pipe!

Ooooh another opinion that doesn't coincide with yours! Send me a list so I'll know to tread gently!

gerryh

Ooooh another opinion that doesn't coincide with yours! Send me a list so I'll know to tread gently!

Don't like it when I point out your stupidity for all to see, do ya. Read the links, maybe you won't be so quick to shoot off your mouth next time.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Don't like it when I point out your stupidity for all to see, do ya. Read the links, maybe you won't be so quick to shoot off your mouth next time.

Why would you want to point out my stupidity for all to see? Feeling a little inadequate? -

gerryh

Why would you want to point out my stupidity for all to see? Feeling a little inadequate? -

Tired of you making baseless claims about the "good ole days".

JLM

Tired of you making baseless claims about the "good ole days".

Baseless to you Gerry.............. I lived some of them! -

gerryh

Baseless to you Gerry.............. I lived some of them! -

and I've supplied you with links showing otherwise.....and I was a child 50 years ago, I remember also. So was my wife. Both of us were sexually abused. So no, it was no safer back then, than it is now. I would say less safe, as people were less likely to report to the police.

But, that's fine, you continue to live in your world where there was no drug abuse, alcohol abuse, pedophiles, child abuse, rape, sexual assault, physical assault. Where every where was rainbows and daffodils.

JLM

and I've supplied you with links showing otherwise.....and I was a child 50 years ago, I remember also. So was my wife. Both of us were sexually abused. So no, it was no safer back then, than it is now. I would say less safe, as people were less likely to report to the police.

But, that's fine, you continue to live in your world where there was no drug abuse, alcohol abuse, pedophiles, child abuse, rape, sexual assault, physical assault. Where every where was rainbows and daffodils.

I don't recall saying none of this stuff EVER happened.

gerryh

I don't recall saying none of this stuff EVER happened.

You constantly post how things like child abuse, rape, and pedophilia are so much worse now than "back in the good ole days". Yet stats prove otherwise.

JLM

You constantly post how things like child abuse, rape, and pedophilia are so much worse now than "back in the good ole days". Yet stats prove otherwise.

OK, you win this round Gerry and I agree with that statement. But I still think the abuse is getting more bizarre, not that any of it was ever good. Also my statement wasn't just confined to abuse and sexual deviants but to the entire gamut of sh*t that goes on these days.

Goober

OK, you win this round Gerry and I agree with that statement. But I still think the abuse is getting more bizarre, not that any of it was ever good. Also my statement wasn't just confined to abuse and sexual deviants but to the entire gamut of sh*t that goes on these days.

The reasons it may appear to be more common is that today we are connected to so much information.

Sal
+2
Had this talk quite a few years back with my mother.

When family sexual abuse began to surface she would not believe it. Categorically denied anyone could do such a thing to their own child or relative. I believe part of the reason for that was because the neighbourhood where she grew up all had extended families. Her grandmother lived upstairs and two uncles shared part of the house. Seldom would a kid be alone for long with any one adult.

She did finally concede that yes, it did happen and people weren't just making this stuff up.

It's funny too because it was a much harsher time back then when she grew up. Her mother was widowed at 28 and struggled to raise three young girls alone for a time when her husband died in the war... they were often hungry but yet she had amazingly good memories of growing up.
Last edited by Sal; Mar 15th, 2014 at 11:46 AM..

spaminator
+1

Had this talk quite a few years back with my mother.

When family sexual abuse began to surface she would not believe it. Categorically denied anyone could do such a thing to their own child or relative. I believe part of the reason for that was because the neighbourhood where she grew up all had extended families. Her grandmother lived upstairs and two uncles shared part of the house. Seldom would a kid be alone for long with any one adult.

She did finally concede that yes, it did happen and people weren't just making this stuff up.

It's funny too because it was a much harsher time back then when she grew up. Her mother was widowed at 28 and struggled to raise three young girls alone for a time when her husband died in the war... they were often hungry but yet she had amazingly good memories of growing up.

i'm sorry to hear that.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

i'm sorry to hear that.

aw, that's very kind Spam....she was an awesome woman...our past makes us what we are...

JLM
+1

aw, that's very kind Spam....she was an awesome woman...our past makes us what we are...

Something to do with "adversity builds character" ,methinks! -

Sal

Something to do with "adversity builds character" ,methinks! -

I don't know JLM...adversity can build one up or knock one down. With a child particularly it can depend upon the adults around them and what they tell the child about the circumstance and how they teach the child to cope. That doesn't happen in a vacuum. Also from a gene pool perspective we are not all created equally.

The same gene pool and circumstance may yield a psychopath or a saint.

no new posts