Man who spent decades on death row for 1983 killing freed after judge vacates convict

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Glenn Ford had been on death row since August 1988 | National Post

My how generous.
Currently, there are 83 men and two women serving death sentences in Louisiana, according to Laborde.

A Louisiana law entitles those who have served time but are later exonerated to receive compensation. It calls for payments of $25,000 per year of wrongful incarceration up to a maximum of $250,000, plus up to $80,000 for loss of “life opportunities.”

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well, a third mill is a nice retirement fund if he doesn't find something to work at.

Cases like this should at the min receive the same resources to ID why he was convicted. If there was malfeasance oncthe part of Police, the DA, or witnesses (for whatever reason) jail the pricks.

Far to many of these cases where Police - CP's (Canada) - DA's (US) skirted the law, or completely ignored it, coerced witnesses to make false ID's.
They above that perpetrate, condone, turn a blind eye are guilty of robbing innocent people of something that can never be recovered. Time. A life sentence without parole would be appropriate, as I do not believe in Capital Punishment, regardless of the crime(s) committed.
The richest man cannot buy 25 years of extra life.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Cases like this should at the min receive the same resources to ID why he was convicted. If there was malfeasance oncthe part of Police, the DA, or witnesses (for whatever reason) jail the pricks.

Far to many of these cases where Police - CP's (Canada) - DA's (US) skirted the law, or completely ignored it, coerced witnesses to make false ID's.
They above that perpetrate, condone, turn a blind eye are guilty of robbing innocent people of something that can never be recovered. Time. A life sentence without parole would be appropriate, as I do not believe in Capital Punishment, regardless of the crime(s) committed.
The richest man cannot buy 25 years of extra life.
True. Still, besides the third mill, he's always got the option of pursuing litigation, as well.