Violent Cat To Get Therapy

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Family-trapping cat to get therapy - because that's a thing

Newsy

Mar 12, 2014 , Last Updated: 12:12 PM ET

Lux, the cat who made headlines for barricading its family in a bedroom, will be getting vet attention and therapy.
The rampaging, 22-pound Oregon house cat with a "history of violence" attacked a baby and trapped a family and their dog in a bedroom at their Portland home before being captured by police, authorities said on Monday.
You can hear the 911 call, here.

If only there had been a blanket in the bedroom they could have used to throw over the cat and trap him. :roll:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Newsy

Lux, the cat who made headlines for barricading its family in a bedroom, will be getting vet attention and therapy.
The rampaging, 22-pound Oregon house cat with a "history of violence" attacked a baby and trapped a family and their dog in a bedroom at their Portland home before being captured by police, authorities said on Monday.

If only there had been a blanket in the bedroom they could have used to throw over the cat and trap him. :roll:
yup they should own pets...:roll:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
yup they should own pets...:roll:

I know cats can do some damage if they bite, because of the way their jaws and teeth work, they hook right in. However, it's still a 20 pound animal. I'd have grabbed a blanket to nab him.

I like where the 911 operator had to go ask her supervisor before sending out the cops, lol. Definitely not a call you get every day.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I know cats can do some damage if they bite, because of the way their jaws and teeth work, they hook right in. However, it's still a 20 pound animal. I'd have grabbed a blanket to nab him.

I like where the 911 operator had to go ask her supervisor before sending out the cops, lol. Definitely not a call you get every day.
Yeah I liked that part too.

Actually a friend of mine has a cat who goes whacko on her. She's been to emerg 3 times for anti-biotics because he is one of the small percentage of cats that has that bacteria in his mouth. When she moved I had to go in and put him in his carry case for her. She couldn't get him in. He does go mental for sure. He also went mental on her other cat and I had to go in and rescue the other little guy where he was hiding under the couch. He wouldn't come out for food or water.

Part of it is an inability to read the animal's indications of stress. Last time the cat went mental on her was three weeks ago when she was opening a tin of food. He jumped her and went bat-sh!t.

I couldn't live with an animal like that. He has been like that with her from kittenhood. She always had spray bottles and air bottle placed around the house.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Actually a friend of mine has a cat who goes whacko on her. She's been to emerg 3 times for anti-biotics because he is one of the small percentage of cats that has that bacteria in his mouth. When she moved I had to go in and put him in his carry case for her. She couldn't get him in. He does go mental for sure. He also went mental on her other cat and I had to go in and rescue the other little guy where he was hiding under the couch. He wouldn't come out for food or water.

Part of it is an inability to read the animal's indications of stress. Last time the cat went mental on her was three weeks ago when she was opening a tin of food. He jumped her and went bat-sh!t.

I couldn't live with an animal like that. He has been like that with her from kittenhood. She always had spray bottles and air bottle placed around the house.

He's probably a little tough for a teriyaki stir fry, eh?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Geez. That's not living with a pet, that's living with a time bomb. 8O

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Newsy

Must be city folks. Fishing net works for catching cats, small dogs, sundry critters. There's always the 3rd down and 10 to go (or 4th down for those south of the border) physiotherapy ........ PUNT!