Man sues McDonald's for $1.5 million after being given only one napkin

Locutus
His feelings were hurt I guess.

Man sues McDonald's for $1.5 million after being given only one napkin* - NY Daily News (external - login to view)

lone wolf
Geez... I wonder what getting lettuce you didn't want's worth....

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Man sues McDonald's for $1.5 million after being given only one napkin* - NY Daily News (external - login to view)

Why does this sh*t make news? We're dealing with more than one nut!

Locutus
Because he's black and wants to make it a racist thing.

Maybe, but what do I care.

Walter
Hope he wins.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Hope he wins.

He must be a Conservative! That a boy, Walter. -

lone wolf
+1
"You people" means big things to little people. Maybe he should go after his parents for making him sloppy enough to need more than one nappie....

DaSleeper

Because he's black and wants to make it a racist thing.

Maybe, but what do I care.

But, but, but, He could be big "O" s son................

Sal
Quote:

Lucas alleges the debate took a racist turn when the Mexican-American boss mumbled something about "you people" — which Lucas took to be a reference to him being black.

yeah here we go

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

yeah here we go

I'm willing to bet 'you people' may have been in reference to customers.

And regardless, not worthy of a 1.5 million payout.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I wonder how much the A$$hole would want if they neglected to give him any napkins! -

Sal

that's what I thought, "you people" because we both know in that type of business there are two types of people...staff and non staff; colour and ethnicity are irrelevant, you only care about how they treat you.

SLM
+1

that's what I thought, "you people" because we both know in that type of business there are two types of people...staff and non staff; colour and ethnicity are irrelevant, you only care about how they treat you.

I've worked in customer service environments and I can't help wondering every time I hear something like this is just exactly how that second napkin was asked for, lol.

When I was seventeen I had a cashier's job in a drug store and this old guy waited in line for quite a while and when he finally got up to the counter he asks me "Where's the soap?". So naturally I asked in return what soap he was looking for, he then proceeding to rant and rave over how could I not possibly know what he was looking for, how stupid was I. I had to laugh (eventually, I was a little taken aback at first, lol) but yeah, sometimes it's all how you ask.

Bad customer service experiences from the servers point of view. Don't even get me started on the toaster lady.

Still, even if the guy behind the counter was a racist jerk, there is not 1.5 million worth of pain and suffering that occurred here.

Sal
gonna need to hear about the toaster lady at some point...lol

SLM
+1

Well that was easy to find, lol.

forums.canadiancontent.net/me...es-retail.html (external - login to view)

Plus I'm too lazy to retype.

JLM

Come on, please don't keep us in suspense! I won't sleep tonight. -

Sal
+1

WOW, you get employee of the year for that gem.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Come on, please don't keep us in suspense! I won't sleep tonight. -

here ya go JLM, SLM gets employee of the year for that one.

the worst one I ever had got told to go fuk herself ...yup I really did do that...I was so mad I almost had a stroke. Luckily she was crazy enough that had she reported me, no one would have credited her for the truth.

JLM

WOW, you get employee of the year for that gem.

here ya go JLM, SLM gets employee of the year for that one.

Yes, I read that one, confirms what I think about there being some real nuts in the world. It seems our "illustrious scribe" took offense at my unflattering comment about the other nut that I commented on in post #11! -

shadowshiv

At work, all we are required to give to the customers is one napkin per item (as well as one fork per item that it would be used for, and one sauce per item). If we choose to give more, or if the customer asks for more, then they get more. I have given out one napkin for a soft taco before, and nobody tried to sue us. This idiot in the article needs to get a slap upside his empty head. He should be required to pay money for wasting everyone's time with such a frivolous lawsuit.

And after that he should be banned from McDonalds.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

At work, all we are required to give to the customers is one napkin per item (as well as one fork per item that it would be used for, and one sauce per item). If we choose to give more, or if the customer asks for more, then they get more. I have given out one napkin for a soft taco before, and nobody tried to sue us. This idiot in the article needs to get a slap upside his empty head. He should be required to pay money for wasting everyone's time with such a frivolous lawsuit.

And after that he should be banned from McDonalds.

No doubt the guy is an A$$hole, but I can understand the rationale in requesting extra napkins, given the big sloppy burgers and clubhouse sandwiches being served. I personally believe there should be a napkin dispenser on every table (probably necessitating it be chained to the table) and add an extra nickel to the price.

shadowshiv
+1

Nope. What the fellow actually said was Yew People. He has something about people that live in the forest, I guess.

SLM
+1

Nope. What the fellow actually said was Yew People. He has something about people that live in the forest, I guess.

Fear of forestry. Yes, I've heard it runs rampant through the fast food industry.

shadowshiv
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

No doubt the guy is an A$$hole, but I can understand the rationale in requesting extra napkins, given the big sloppy burgers and clubhouse sandwiches being served. I personally believe there should be a napkin dispenser on every table (probably necessitating it be chained to the table) and add an extra nickel to the price.

We have had a napkin dispenser stolen, a pan filled with packets of sauce stolen (they couldn't be bothered to take the packets in handfuls, so they took it all at once), and one of our dollar-store decorations stolen (although the drunk guy came back a little while later and gave the hula hoop back).

Fear of forestry. Yes, I've heard it runs rampant through the fast food industry.

Too much (wood) fibre in their diets.

SLM
+1

Too much (wood) fibre in their diets.

Comes from eating the food. Sawdust hamburgers and whatnot, lol.

Kreskin
+1
I once had no napkins from A & W. I could be rich by now.

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Ah regrets. What would life be without them.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

You're just supposed to use the wrapper off the burger! I've done that. -

shadowshiv
+1

Ah regrets. What would life be without them.

A regret-free life?

SLM
+1

A regret-free life?

Mind. Blown.

shadowshiv
+1

Mind. Blown.

Of course.