Man sues McDonald's for $1.5 million after being given only one napkin

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Because he's black and wants to make it a racist thing.

Maybe, but what do I care.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Lucas alleges the debate took a racist turn when the Mexican-American boss mumbled something about "you people" — which Lucas took to be a reference to him being black.
yeah here we go

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm willing to bet 'you people' may have been in reference to customers.

And regardless, not worthy of a 1.5 million payout.

I wonder how much the A$$hole would want if they neglected to give him any napkins! -:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm willing to bet 'you people' may have been in reference to customers.

And regardless, not worthy of a 1.5 million payout.
that's what I thought, "you people" because we both know in that type of business there are two types of people...staff and non staff; colour and ethnicity are irrelevant, you only care about how they treat you.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
that's what I thought, "you people" because we both know in that type of business there are two types of people...staff and non staff; colour and ethnicity are irrelevant, you only care about how they treat you.

I've worked in customer service environments and I can't help wondering every time I hear something like this is just exactly how that second napkin was asked for, lol.

When I was seventeen I had a cashier's job in a drug store and this old guy waited in line for quite a while and when he finally got up to the counter he asks me "Where's the soap?". So naturally I asked in return what soap he was looking for, he then proceeding to rant and rave over how could I not possibly know what he was looking for, how stupid was I. I had to laugh (eventually, I was a little taken aback at first, lol) but yeah, sometimes it's all how you ask.

Bad customer service experiences from the servers point of view. Don't even get me started on the toaster lady. ;)

Still, even if the guy behind the counter was a racist jerk, there is not 1.5 million worth of pain and suffering that occurred here.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
gonna need to hear about the toaster lady at some point...lol

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well that was easy to find, lol.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/members-lounge/99591-adventures-retail.html

Plus I'm too lazy to retype. :D
WOW, you get employee of the year for that gem.

Come on, please don't keep us in suspense! I won't sleep tonight. -:)
here ya go JLM, SLM gets employee of the year for that one.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/me...es-retail.html

Well that was easy to find, lol.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/members-lounge/99591-adventures-retail.html

Plus I'm too lazy to retype. :D
the worst one I ever had got told to go fuk herself ...yup I really did do that...I was so mad I almost had a stroke. Luckily she was crazy enough that had she reported me, no one would have credited her for the truth.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

At work, all we are required to give to the customers is one napkin per item (as well as one fork per item that it would be used for, and one sauce per item). If we choose to give more, or if the customer asks for more, then they get more. I have given out one napkin for a soft taco before, and nobody tried to sue us. This idiot in the article needs to get a slap upside his empty head. He should be required to pay money for wasting everyone's time with such a frivolous lawsuit.

And after that he should be banned from McDonalds.;)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
At work, all we are required to give to the customers is one napkin per item (as well as one fork per item that it would be used for, and one sauce per item). If we choose to give more, or if the customer asks for more, then they get more. I have given out one napkin for a soft taco before, and nobody tried to sue us. This idiot in the article needs to get a slap upside his empty head. He should be required to pay money for wasting everyone's time with such a frivolous lawsuit.

And after that he should be banned from McDonalds.;)

No doubt the guy is an A$$hole, but I can understand the rationale in requesting extra napkins, given the big sloppy burgers and clubhouse sandwiches being served. I personally believe there should be a napkin dispenser on every table (probably necessitating it be chained to the table) and add an extra nickel to the price.