About that rape..."boys will be boys"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Montana prosecutor tells 5-year-old rape victim’s mom: report

The Missoula County Attorney is under fire after a U.S. Department of Justice investigation found prosecutors routinely discriminated against female victims of sexual assault.

Missoula County Attorney Fred Van Valkenburg's policies were investigated by the Department of Justice after victims complain about mishandled sexual assault cases.

A Montana prosecutor reportedly had a heartless explanation for the mother a 5-year-old rape victim — “boys will be boys.”

The surprising anecdote is just one of the horror stories sex assault victims in Missoula told federal investigators, according to a new report.

The U.S. Department of Justice found Missoula County Attorney’s prosecutors routinely discriminated against female victims, refusing legitimate cases, pushing sex crimes to the lowest of priorities and belittling women who came to them for help.

“We uncovered evidence of a disturbing pattern of deficiencies in the handling of these cases by the County Attorney’s Office, a pattern that not only denies victims meaningful access to justice, but places the safety of all women in Missoula at risk,” said Jocelyn Samuels, acting assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division.

more

‘Boys will be boys’ Montana prosecutor tells 5-year-old rape victim’s mom: reportÂ* - NY Daily News

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If these allegations are proven true, I hope his title will soon be "former prosecutor".

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
What I would like to know, and regardless of whether he said "boys will be boys" in response to it, is why anyone would have been given a slap on the wrist for raping a five year old child?!?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
The "boys will be boys" line has always sounded like total BS to me. Even when I was a child. This particular example is insane.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Just stating what the definition of adolescent is.

I know. I was just saying that I can't believe that they would still be considered boys at that age. It wasn't directed at you personally.

Last edited: