Massive explosion wounds several at New Hampshire Ball Bearings factory Read more: h

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Massive explosion wounds several at New Hampshire Ball Bearings factory

Officials say 15 people were injured at the plant in Peterborough, NH, that makes high-tech aerospace parts.

By Michael Walsh / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Monday, February 10, 2014, 5:15 PM

Updated: Monday, February 10, 2014, 6:15 PM

Emergency crews including about 100 firefighters from several towns on Monday rushed to the scene of a massive explosion at New Hampshire Ball Bearings in Peterborough, N.H.

A massive explosion wounded several people at a manufacturing plant in southwestern New Hampshire Monday afternoon.

Emergency crews including about 100 firefighters from several towns rushed to the New Hampshire Ball Bearings in Peterborough, N.H.
Officials said 15 people were injured. Two people who were seriously wounded were flown from the scene, police said. The company said the injuries are not life-threatening.

Officials said 15 people were hurt due to an explosion Monday at New Hampshire Ball Bearings in Peterborough. Police said two people had serious injuries amd were flown from the scene.

Local hospitals are preparing for patients who could have been exposed to hazardous materials. The factory, which produces high-tech aerospace parts, uses chemicals but it was unclear whether they played a role in the blast.

Steve Bourgeois, who works at a nearby U-Haul dealer, Peterborough Collision, told WMUR that he heard two large blast about 3:30 p.m.
"It shook our building, shook the plate glass in our showroom," he said to the station.
The explosion blew out windows on the first floor of the plant, police said.

The New Hampshire Ball Bearings plant, which produces high-tech aerospace parts, uses chemicals but it was unclear whether those played a role in Monday's blast.

The state emergency operations center is monitoring the situation, Gov. Maggie Hassan said.
Police are advising drivers to avoid Route 202 through Peterborough, WMUR said.
The town has about 6,000 residents.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I wonder if they'll have the balls to return to work after they heal.

Sorry, but someone had to. :D

I'm happy they were only injured.

My first thought was imagining a picture of a million tiny ball bearings flying through the air and excessive speed and how much damage that could do on top of an explosion.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
My first thought was imagining a picture of a million tiny ball bearings flying through the air and excessive speed and how much damage that could do on top of an explosion.

I was picturing many IEDs or landmines going off at the same time. All those ball bearings would be like the shrapnel that comes from those. Amazing that no one was killed (thankfully!).