Olympic chat

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

To be honest, I don't think Carey Price will be as good when he plays again for the Habs, but that will be due more to the fact that the defense of the Habs isn't even as close as it was on Team Canada. Price played very well when he had to, and for some people (on the Your Call section on the tsn.ca article) to say that any of the goalies would have had the same result would be a mistake, as who knows if they would have made certain saves that Price had made.

Even though I am a Leafs fan, when the Olympics are on, I am a Canadian fan. And Carey Price played very well, and deserved to be in net. Like he said in the post-game interview, it wasn't just him that won, it was a team effort. Even though the forwards didn't score as many goals as many people thought, they back-checked when needed and performed defensively as well.

Yep, every game is different as there are a million different variables. -

bill barilko
+3
The whole team angle reminds me somewhat of what the last Russian coach said after their loss here in Vancouver 'In order to win our generals must play like soldiers'.

Well the entire Canadian team played like soldiers and won everything.

The proof is in the team photo look @ how Happy those players are the smiles the body language tell the tale.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

To be honest, I don't think Carey Price will be as good when he plays again for the Habs, but that will be due more to the fact that the defense of the Habs isn't even as close as it was on Team Canada. Price played very well when he had to, and for some people (on the Your Call section on the tsn.ca article) to say that any of the goalies would have had the same result would be a mistake, as who knows if they would have made certain saves that Price had made.

Even though I am a Leafs fan, when the Olympics are on, I am a Canadian fan. And Carey Price played very well, and deserved to be in net. Like he said in the post-game interview, it wasn't just him that won, it was a team effort. Even though the forwards didn't score as many goals as many people thought, they back-checked when needed and performed defensively as well.

One thing I really liked about Carey Price was when he was being interviewed he made reference to the rest of the team on three occasions! Very humble man! Anyone who has been to Anahim Lake can understand this, very basic existence and very basic values!

Mowich
+3

talloola
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

and its about time. lol

Blackleaf
+1
It was the most succesful Winter Olympics for Team GB since the inaugral Games in Chamonix in 1924.

And paying tribute to our medalists, a team of BBC employees have recreated some of their highlights from the Games... using their office chairs.

Staff across the UK have filmed themsleves racing mock bobsleighs around offices and staging spoof curling events across studio floors.

A local BBC news team in Bristol created a short film about a 'Bobchair' team led by Points West anchor Will Glennon.

The four-man team are seen forming a chain and wheeling themselves around the office, along corridors and even across the staff car park.

In the 48-second clip, the 'four talented athletes push their bodies to the limit in the Bobchair finals'.

Their colleagues. the breakfast team at Look North, also entered into the contest.

They chose to mimic the curling event, in honour of Team GB's bronze and silver medals in the women's and men's competitions.

Points West do Bobchair and Look North do curling:

The OFFICE Winter Olympics With Bob Chair and Chair Curling - YouTube

Read more: BBC news staff pay tribute to Sochi by recreating events with CHAIRS | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (external - login to view) | DailyMail on Facebook (external - login to view)

Kreskin
+1
Congrats to the Brits on the success.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It was the most succesful Winter Olympics for Team GB since the inaugral Games in Chamonix in 1924.

And paying tribute to our medalists, a team of BBC employees have recreated some of their highlights from the Games... using their office chairs.

Staff across the UK have filmed themsleves racing mock bobsleighs around offices and staging spoof curling events across studio floors.

A local BBC news team in Bristol created a short film about a 'Bobchair' team led by Points West anchor Will Glennon.

The four-man team are seen forming a chain and wheeling themselves around the office, along corridors and even across the staff car park.

In the 48-second clip, the 'four talented athletes push their bodies to the limit in the Bobchair finals'.

Their colleagues. the breakfast team at Look North, also entered into the contest.

They chose to mimic the curling event, in honour of Team GB's bronze and silver medals in the women's and men's competitions.

Read more: BBC news staff pay tribute to Sochi by recreating events with CHAIRS | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (external - login to view) | DailyMail on Facebook (external - login to view)

You said the Olympics are for sissies!

tay
Selling Olympic items for funding for future Olympics.......

A Canadian speedskating double-medallist in the 2006 Turin Olympics has put her skates up for sale on Kijiji, and she wants $1 million for one of her medals to help finance a comeback at the 2018 Olympics in South Korea.

"I'm going to need some funding, and I don't want to worry about money, I just want to train," she said.

"So to me, it's more of my open door to maybe get a gold," said English, who has had three children since winning those medals. "And if the skates are the way I can get better skates, then that's the way I'm going to get them."

Her ad says to contact her if there is interest in the the skates "and possibly the medals."

English says she will sell her silver medal from the relay event for $1 million.

Olympic speedskater Anouk Leblanc-Boucher wants $1M for medal - New Brunswick - CBC News

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

So 90 years - oh yeah your Soldiers are not allowed out in the cold.

spaminator