Sports drinks big scam!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
As one who works out a lot my Doc asked me if I drink sports drinks and the answer was yes. He told me cut them with water in half because of the sugar and sodium.

I do now and find them to be a little more thirst quenching.

My 2 cents.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As one who works out a lot my Doc asked me if I drink sports drinks and the answer was yes. He told me cut them with water in half because of the sugar and sodium.

My 2 cents.

I have another suggestion - fill up a big glass with water add 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of sugar and save yourself a wad of money.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

My 2 cents.

That's good, because even for the amount you work out, you probably never screw up your electrolyte balance, especially if you're eating.

You have to consider that these drinks were developed for extended outdoor sporting events while wearing equipment.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
That's good, because even for the amount you work out, you probably never screw up your electrolyte balance, especially if you're eating.

You have to consider that these drinks were developed for extended outdoor sporting events while wearing equipment.

I find that even when I am playing hockey and sweating enough to soak through all my gear, drinking stuff like Gatorade doesn't feel great. I can't drink it during the game at all because all the sugar makes me feel like I am going to puke.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Stomach flu or food poisoning....Gatorade will balance you out fast and take away that week crummy feeling.

My 2 cents.
yeah my guy marathons and he does exactly that, weaken it but make sure you get it into you, then for recovery bananas and chocolate milk