I'm not even kidneying here

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Caring Samantha Lamb saved her husband’s life by giving him one of her kidneys – and after he got better, he dumped her.

The furious mum-of-one also believes Andy cheated after her transplant surgery ordeal, something he denies.

Now she wishes it was possible to take the organ back – and give it to someone more deserving.

Mum-of-one Samantha, 41, told the Sunday People: “I can’t believe he now has a second chance to live to see his grandchildren grow up.

“I would definitely go through the operation again – but I wouldn’t give the kidney to him.

"I hate him. If I could I’d take it back and give it someone else.

more

I donated a kidney to my husband then he dumped me - now I want it back - Mirror Online

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Why do people feel like the lurid, tawdry details of their personal lives should be news headlines? Does no one have any pride and discretion anymore?

Half of what passes for news these days seems to be nothing more than gossip.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
there was a similar story on the news of a husband who wanted his kidney back from his whoring wife.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Men cheat, women cheat. Who cares? Whether you're dumping your spouse after them giving you the best years of their life or giving you a vital organ, it's still a personal family matter. It's bad enough we're bombarded with the details of the personal lives of "celebrities" we know have to know the lurid details of every jerk (or jerk-ette I suppose) who dumps their other half?

No thank you, keep the drama self-contained. At least until they do something that crosses the line into criminal behaviour, that's more in the public sphere of 'need to know'.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Men cheat, women cheat. Who cares? Whether you're dumping your spouse after them giving you the best years of their life or giving you a vital organ, it's still a personal family matter. It's bad enough we're bombarded with the details of the personal lives of "celebrities" we know have to know the lurid details of every jerk (or jerk-ette I suppose) who dumps their other half?

No thank you, keep the drama self-contained. At least until they do something that crosses the line into criminal behaviour, that's more in the public sphere of 'need to know'.
there should be a return policy on organ donations. ;)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So did this guy.

By Kat Giantis
Bing even more:

George Lopez might want to hold on tight to his organs and loosen his grip on his wallet. TMZ reports the comedian is divorcing his wife, Ann, who helped save his life in 2005 by giving him one of her kidneys.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Honest to god, someone is dying, so out of the goodness of your heart, and because you are a person of conscience who knows it is the right thing to do so you give them a body part. Afterwards you decide the organ is conditional and based upon behavior. WTF?

people are nuts

you decide to do a wonderful thing and then the real azzhole emerges

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Honest to god, someone is dying, so out of the goodness of your heart, and because you are a person of conscience who knows it is the right thing to do so you give them a body part. Afterwards you decide the organ is conditional and based upon behavior. WTF?

people are nuts

So I wasn't the only one reading it and thinking she comes off the bad guy in the story?

I can't even fathom what someone like that would act like after giving you an organ.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So I wasn't the only one reading it and thinking she comes off the bad guy in the story?

I can't even fathom what someone like that would act like after giving you an organ.
yeah I give you my kidney you owe me your life...wow...

the other thing I can never comprehend is why someone would want to hold tight to someone else who didn't want to be there...takes all kinds I guess.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Caring Samantha Lamb saved her husband’s life by giving him one of her kidneys – and after he got better, he dumped her.

The furious mum-of-one also believes Andy cheated after her transplant surgery ordeal, something he denies.

Now she wishes it was possible to take the organ back – and give it to someone more deserving.

Mum-of-one Samantha, 41, told the Sunday People: “I can’t believe he now has a second chance to live to see his grandchildren grow up.

“I would definitely go through the operation again – but I wouldn’t give the kidney to him.

"I hate him. If I could I’d take it back and give it someone else.

more

I donated a kidney to my husband then he dumped me - now I want it back - Mirror Online

I was remiss earlier to not give props to the wonderful pun in the thread title. I'd like to remedy that at this juncture. Well done. :D

You know, maybe this is snobbish of me, but I can't imagine someone doing that and then talking to the press about it being anything other than low rent.