Man Found Dead in ER After Waiting 8 Hours for Doctor

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
He should definitely complain about the service.......or somebody should....

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
AS I recall most hospitals in the US are privately owned. So how does this make it the government's fault? Kind of poor business practice to kill your customers unless you run a funeral home.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
AS I recall most hospitals in the US are privately owned. So how does this make it the government's fault? Kind of poor business practice to kill your customers unless you run a funeral home.
If it's a hospital approved by BHOcare then it is the gubmint's fault.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If I get a rash or a sniffle, I either call my doc's office or I head for the clinic my doc is in. ERs are for emergencies and rashes usually aren't emergencies. Perhaps this fella had more symptoms? Perhaps the staff at the hospital didn't think a rash was a life-threatening emergency?
One of the reasons why Canada has a problem in healthcare services is because of pinheads that go to the ER for any little excuse that annoys them. It's why I'm in favor of a stiff user fee.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If I get a rash or a sniffle, I either call my doc's office or I head for the clinic my doc is in. ERs are for emergencies and rashes usually aren't emergencies. Perhaps this fella had more symptoms? Perhaps the staff at the hospital didn't think a rash was a life-threatening emergency?
One of the reasons why Canada has a problem in healthcare services is because of pinheads that go to the ER for any little excuse that annoys them. It's why I'm in favor of a stiff user fee.

As someone who works in a hospital with ER services...

So much this.