Capitalist compares rich Americans treatment to that of Jews in Nazi Germany

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
What unbelievable stupidity, a very weird twist on Godwin's law.

The former venture capitalist of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, a famous tech investment firm in the Silicone Valley, has really stepped in it. The firm was quick to distance itself from Perkins comments, that equated the oppression of the wealthy in America to the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany. He went so far as to suggest a 'progressive Kristallnacht' descendant from the actual murder, imprisonment, and destruction of Jews and Jewish businesses in Nazi Germany.

8O

Capitalist Thomas Perkins Says Rich Are Persecuted Like Jews By Nazis

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
OMG. I am feeling so guilty about all the nasty things i have said about the rich. The poor thing, I will just have to go out and shoot myself.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
They would have been shot or thrown into prison a long time ago if that were true.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Silicon Valley venture capitalist says criticism of the super-rich is like Nazis goin

Read on McDuff. Whatdayathink
Silicon Valley venture capitalist says criticism of the super-rich is like Nazis going after the Jews

Tom Perkins compares treatment of rich with Jews in WWII | Financial Post

Tom Perkins' Nazi Email - Business Insider
Famed Tech Investor Says Yes, I Meant It When I Said Critics Of The Rich Are Like Nazis

Greg Gopman Apologizes - Business Insider
Startup CEO Who Said San Francisco Is Overrun By 'Homeless, Drug Dealers, Dropouts, And Trash' Says He's Sorry

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Re: Silicon Valley venture capitalist says criticism of the super-rich is like Nazis

Oops. But thank you
Gawd I hate doing that. Loc please pull the thread.

Sometimes it can give a topic new life.

And threads can easily be merged anyway.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Re: Silicon Valley venture capitalist says criticism of the super-rich is like Nazis

Sometimes it can give a topic new life.

And threads can easily be merged anyway.
I normally check. Did not do that this time.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

He may be an idiot but he is rich and there is no denying that the freeloaders of the world are always expecting someone else to pay their way.

TS- I am sure you have met many an honest person that works hard, cannot move up, but is as honest as the day is long. He/she are the working poor.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

The working poor rarely demand anything of others. It is the OWS types that want it all but are too dam lazy to do it themselves that are always demanding the rich pay more taxes.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

He may be an idiot but he is rich and there is no denying that the freeloaders of the world are always expecting someone else to pay their way.

Likening his poor pitiful self to a group of people who were exterminated by the Nazi's earns him nothing but contempt from me. I don't give a **** how many freeloaders there are in the world. He crossed a line.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Read on McDuff. Whatdayathink
Silicon Valley venture capitalist says criticism of the super-rich is like Nazis going after the Jews

Tom Perkins compares treatment of rich with Jews in WWII | Financial Post

Tom Perkins' Nazi Email - Business Insider
Famed Tech Investor Says Yes, I Meant It When I Said Critics Of The Rich Are Like Nazis

Greg Gopman Apologizes - Business Insider
Startup CEO Who Said San Francisco Is Overrun By 'Homeless, Drug Dealers, Dropouts, And Trash' Says He's Sorry
So? Perkins is allowed to have an opinion, too. Nothing says anyone has to take it as fact or even as humor. :)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

So? Perkins is allowed to have an opinion, too. Nothing says anyone has to take it as fact or even as humor. :)
And as a public figure he can be treated like the SOB he is.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

True enough Les. MY opinion is that the entitled love to play the victim.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

At the upper reaches of the ultra rich are the masters of freeloading the miserable vermin beneath their table live off the scraps. Someone said the richest eighty five humans own as much as the poorest three billion. Freeloading is the best business there is and the rabble can't begin to compete with the experts. Yeah ban freeloading go ahead, I dare you.

Likening his poor pitiful self to a group of people who were exterminated by the Nazi's earns him nothing but contempt from me. I don't give a **** how many freeloaders there are in the world. He crossed a line.

I was talking to one of those people the other day, she looked fine for being exterminated.