Immaculate Conception..AGAIN...Praise the Lord..........

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
A nun who gave birth to a baby boy in the central Italian city of Rieti, said she had no idea she was pregnant, local media report.

The 31-year-old was rushed to hospital with abdominal pains, which she thought were stomach cramps.

The young mother, who is originally from El Salvador, reportedly named her newborn Francis after the current Pope.

The mayor of Rieti, Simone Petrangeli has appealed to the public and media to respect the woman's privacy.

The news has drawn international attention to the small city of 47,700 inhabitants.

The nun called the ambulance on Wednesday morning. A few hours later she gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

"I did not know I was pregnant. I only felt a stomach pain," she was quoted as saying by the Ansa news agency.

People at the hospital have begun collecting clothes and donations for the mother and her child, Italian media say.

The woman belongs to a convent near Rieti, which manages an old people's home.

Fellow nuns at the convent said they were "surprised" by the news.

Local pastor Don Fabrizio Borrello told journalists that the nun planned to take care of the baby.

"I guess she's telling the truth when she says she arrived at the hospital unaware of the pregnancy."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25787757

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
guess the nun, was getting 'some'
She ain't the first. The movie Agnese of God was based on a true story. Dozens of baby skeletons were found under a convent near Montreal, in the sixties. I'm sure that was not an isolated incident either.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This is an interesting story. Without jumping on the bandwagon and yelling that the nun must have had sex with someone....how else do you get pregnant? I'm sure it is possible for a woman to be impregnated while she is unconscious.....modern drugs would make that relatively easy. The problem is, that there is a man somewhere who contributed to this pregnancy. DNA would find him fairly easily if he is there. I would suggest getting a blood sample from every male in the town. For the moment they should rule out emaculate conception. If the baby has large ears like one of the priests it might be a place to start.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
she never said she didn't have sex nor did she say she didn't know who the father was....all she said was "she didn't now she was pregnant"

barra

Nominee Member
Dec 28, 2013
IMHO:
1. I have known of 2 girls/women who did not know they were pregnant until they were in labour. And of course know reports of other women who experience this. While I envy such an "ignorance" of not knowing one is pregnant (no morning sickness, and bloating or anything and many times easy labour) it is not enviable any other way - not even the joy of feeling the baby move or kick?! wow.
2. When will the Vatican change its stance on married nuns or priests? is my next question. Some are meant for the celibate life, that is true, but not all.
3. There more underground relationships in priesthood and convents than one can imagine, but at same time not as numerous as it might be over-reported - when things like this woman's situation come to light.
4. So, I wonder if this nun will only incur removal from her vows? or will they excommunicate her like they did in the past.
5. And if so, will they do a dna test and excommunicate the man who impregnated her.(maybe Catholic or very likely)
6....or will this story be shoved away to be forgotten....

Interesting, how she named the baby Francis - that was very, very sharp of her - that probably took lots of pressure off the scandal. The baby will be loved due to sharing the Popes name. Hope no one thinks he is the father? ;)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
she never said she didn't have sex nor did she say she didn't know who the father was....all she said was "she didn't now she was pregnant"

The appearance of the baby would have been a dead give away that she was pregnant....:lol:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The appearance of the baby would have been a dead give away that she was pregnant....:lol:
oh yeah...:lol: and though unusual it is certainly not unheard of

hopefully the baby will be okay because there was no prenatal care such as vitamins etc.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
This is an interesting story. Without jumping on the bandwagon and yelling that the nun must have had sex with someone....how else do you get pregnant? I'm sure it is possible for a woman to be impregnated while she is unconscious.....modern drugs would make that relatively easy. The problem is, that there is a man somewhere who contributed to this pregnancy. DNA would find him fairly easily if he is there. I would suggest getting a blood sample from every male in the town. For the moment they should rule out emaculate conception. If the baby has large ears like one of the priests it might be a place to start.
the real question ought to be "how did the priest get those large ears?"

:?D

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oops. Didn't mean to "red" it. Vitamins may be required, especially if the woman is not eating enough meat.

I just know, 7 healthy kids and no prenatal vitamins etc... my mother, 4 healthy kids and no pre natal vitamins. The only thing my wife took with her last pregnancy was tums for the calcium because she was on heparin the entire pregnancy because of pulmonary embolisms at 12 weeks. Heparin depletes your system of Calcium.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The 'Immaculate Conception' does not refer to Christ's Conception (who was really 'begotten' not 'conceived') but the dogma that Mary was conceived without sin by a special grace, outside the inheritance of Original Sin. The dogma was pomulgated by Pius IX, and not without opposition.. to this day.

It is in stark contradiction to the Marian theology devised by Augustine and Thomas Aquinas, the greatest of the Church's doctrinal fathers.

You might refer to this story as a Virgin Birth.. but you should not refer to it as an Immaculate Conception.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The 'Immaculate Conception' does not refer to Christ's Conception but the dogma that Mary was conceived without sin by special grace, outside the inheritance of original sin. The dogma was pomulgated by Pius IX, and not without opposition.. to this day.

It is in stark opposition to the Marian theology devised by the Augustine and Thomas Aquinas, the greatest of the Church's doctrinal fathers.

You might refer to this story as a Virgin Birth.. but you should not refer to it as an Immaculate Conception.

You are right. Keep it up; you are on a roll.
Parthenogenesis in humans is plain silly, but desperate young girls will claim anything.
Nearly 1% of women believe they have had a 'virgin birth' | Mail Online