Immaculate Conception..AGAIN...Praise the Lord..........

tay
+1
A nun who gave birth to a baby boy in the central Italian city of Rieti, said she had no idea she was pregnant, local media report.

The 31-year-old was rushed to hospital with abdominal pains, which she thought were stomach cramps.

The young mother, who is originally from El Salvador, reportedly named her newborn Francis after the current Pope.

The mayor of Rieti, Simone Petrangeli has appealed to the public and media to respect the woman's privacy.

The news has drawn international attention to the small city of 47,700 inhabitants.

The nun called the ambulance on Wednesday morning. A few hours later she gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

"I did not know I was pregnant. I only felt a stomach pain," she was quoted as saying by the Ansa news agency.

People at the hospital have begun collecting clothes and donations for the mother and her child, Italian media say.

The woman belongs to a convent near Rieti, which manages an old people's home.

Fellow nuns at the convent said they were "surprised" by the news.

Local pastor Don Fabrizio Borrello told journalists that the nun planned to take care of the baby.

"I guess she's telling the truth when she says she arrived at the hospital unaware of the pregnancy."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25787757 (external - login to view)

Sal
+3
guess the nun, was getting 'some'

Cliffy
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

guess the nun, was getting 'some'

She ain't the first. The movie Agnese of God was based on a true story. Dozens of baby skeletons were found under a convent near Montreal, in the sixties. I'm sure that was not an isolated incident either.

#juan
+1
This is an interesting story. Without jumping on the bandwagon and yelling that the nun must have had sex with someone....how else do you get pregnant? I'm sure it is possible for a woman to be impregnated while she is unconscious.....modern drugs would make that relatively easy. The problem is, that there is a man somewhere who contributed to this pregnancy. DNA would find him fairly easily if he is there. I would suggest getting a blood sample from every male in the town. For the moment they should rule out emaculate conception. If the baby has large ears like one of the priests it might be a place to start.

Sal
+4
#5  Top Rated Post
she never said she didn't have sex nor did she say she didn't know who the father was....all she said was "she didn't now she was pregnant"

barra
IMHO:
1. I have known of 2 girls/women who did not know they were pregnant until they were in labour. And of course know reports of other women who experience this. While I envy such an "ignorance" of not knowing one is pregnant (no morning sickness, and bloating or anything and many times easy labour) it is not enviable any other way - not even the joy of feeling the baby move or kick?! wow.
2. When will the Vatican change its stance on married nuns or priests? is my next question. Some are meant for the celibate life, that is true, but not all.
3. There more underground relationships in priesthood and convents than one can imagine, but at same time not as numerous as it might be over-reported - when things like this woman's situation come to light.
4. So, I wonder if this nun will only incur removal from her vows? or will they excommunicate her like they did in the past.
5. And if so, will they do a dna test and excommunicate the man who impregnated her.(maybe Catholic or very likely)
6....or will this story be shoved away to be forgotten....

Interesting, how she named the baby Francis - that was very, very sharp of her - that probably took lots of pressure off the scandal. The baby will be loved due to sharing the Popes name. Hope no one thinks he is the father?

#juan

she never said she didn't have sex nor did she say she didn't know who the father was....all she said was "she didn't now she was pregnant"

The appearance of the baby would have been a dead give away that she was pregnant....

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

The appearance of the baby would have been a dead give away that she was pregnant....

oh yeah... and though unusual it is certainly not unheard of

hopefully the baby will be okay because there was no prenatal care such as vitamins etc.

gerryh
+1 / -1

hopefully the baby will be okay because there was no prenatal care such as vitamins etc.

You're kidding, right?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Assuming she was skinny. A hefty girl would hide it better.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

that's true in these cases, size matters.

55Mercury
+1

This is an interesting story. Without jumping on the bandwagon and yelling that the nun must have had sex with someone....how else do you get pregnant? I'm sure it is possible for a woman to be impregnated while she is unconscious.....modern drugs would make that relatively easy. The problem is, that there is a man somewhere who contributed to this pregnancy. DNA would find him fairly easily if he is there. I would suggest getting a blood sample from every male in the town. For the moment they should rule out emaculate conception. If the baby has large ears like one of the priests it might be a place to start.

the real question ought to be "how did the priest get those large ears?"

:?D

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Skinny or hefty, if she gave birth to a baby, she was pregnant.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

You're kidding, right?

Oops. Didn't mean to "red" it. Vitamins may be required, especially if the woman is not eating enough meat.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Oops. Didn't mean to "red" it. Vitamins may be required, especially if the woman is not eating enough meat.

I just know, 7 healthy kids and no prenatal vitamins etc... my mother, 4 healthy kids and no pre natal vitamins. The only thing my wife took with her last pregnancy was tums for the calcium because she was on heparin the entire pregnancy because of pulmonary embolisms at 12 weeks. Heparin depletes your system of Calcium.

petros
PEs suck.

coldstream
The 'Immaculate Conception' does not refer to Christ's Conception (who was really 'begotten' not 'conceived') but the dogma that Mary was conceived without sin by a special grace, outside the inheritance of Original Sin. The dogma was pomulgated by Pius IX, and not without opposition.. to this day.

It is in stark contradiction to the Marian theology devised by Augustine and Thomas Aquinas, the greatest of the Church's doctrinal fathers.

You might refer to this story as a Virgin Birth.. but you should not refer to it as an Immaculate Conception.
Last edited by coldstream; Jan 18th, 2014 at 02:28 PM..

petros
Did she become a Nun 8 months ago?

Spade
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

The 'Immaculate Conception' does not refer to Christ's Conception but the dogma that Mary was conceived without sin by special grace, outside the inheritance of original sin. The dogma was pomulgated by Pius IX, and not without opposition.. to this day.

It is in stark opposition to the Marian theology devised by the Augustine and Thomas Aquinas, the greatest of the Church's doctrinal fathers.

You might refer to this story as a Virgin Birth.. but you should not refer to it as an Immaculate Conception.

You are right. Keep it up; you are on a roll.
Parthenogenesis in humans is plain silly, but desperate young girls will claim anything.
Nearly 1% of women believe they have had a 'virgin birth' | Mail Online

L Gilbert
+2
I'm just wondering if baby Frank is actually Frank Jr. lol Where was Frank Sr. 9 months ago?

#juan

The 'Immaculate Conception' does not refer to Christ's Conception but the dogma that Mary was conceived without sin by special grace, outside the inheritance of original sin. The dogma was pomulgated by Pius IX, and not without opposition.. to this day.

It is in stark opposition to the Marian theology devised by the Augustine and Thomas Aquinas, the greatest of the Church's doctrinal fathers.

I don't. Why should anyone refer to this nun's situation as a "virgin birth"? This woman was impregnated by a man. As they say, " It wasn't the Allmighty that lifted her nightie, It was Roger the Lodger, The cad". Or it could have been Father Smit.....the ****.

55Mercury
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Oops. Didn't mean to "red" it. ...

force of habit?

lol

coldstream
+1

I don't. Why should anyone refer to this nun's situation as a "virgin birth"? This woman was impregnated by a man. As they say, " It wasn't the Allmighty that lifted her nightie, It was Roger the Lodger, The cad". Or it could have been Father Smit.....the ****.

I was referring to the phrasing of the title.. not to the validity of the story.. which is clearly either a delusion or a frabrication by a troubled young woman.. There has only been one 'Virgin Birth'.. in the history of Creation.

Cliffy
+1

I was referring to the phrasing of the title.. not to the validity of the story.. which is clearly either a delusion or a frabrication by a troubled young woman.. There has only been one 'Virgin Birth'.. in the history of Creation.

Yup. Mine. My mother was a virgin until she died. She had 5 children, nun of which had anything to do with the man of the house. My Gawd, man, she didn't even know what pubic hair was.

L Gilbert
+2

BS There were many before Yeshua's birth.

Truth be told, how many "virgin" births are there in history? - Yahoo Answers (external - login to view)
Miraculous births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

B00Mer
cool... it would be nice to believe that this was Immaculate Conception.. I mean if you're deep into religion.

spaminator