Swearing toddler removed from Omaha home


SLM
#1
Swearing toddler removed from Omaha home



QMI Agency

Jan 9, 2014 , Last Updated: 12:36 PM ET

An Omaha toddler has been taken into protective custody after a video surfaced online showing adults encouraging him to swear and repeat back phrases involving sex and violence.
The video was initially posted to Facebook, but made headlines after it was posted by the Omaha Police Officers Association's blog. The association post said the video is "really bad and it will make you angry" and those watching the video "are literally watching the cycle of violence continue right in front of your eyes."
The video opens with the black toddler, dressed only in a diaper, pushing over a chair and saying, "You a b----, n-----." A male adult laughs off camera then says to the child, "F--- you."
A few seconds later, a woman tells the child to repeat back "suck my d---," and the child does.
The association did not name the man who posted the video -- believed to be the toddler's uncle -- because they "refuse to give this thug any notoriety or attention" even though they would "love to publicly shame him."
The Omaha Police Department said investigators were able to identify the toddler and the people heard encouraging him in the background.
While there was no criminal activity, police said there were "concerns for the well-being of the identified toddler and other children believed to be in the home."
Four children, including the boy in the video, have been removed from the house.

Swearing toddler removed from Omaha home

While I can completely understand investigating the home, I'm a little confused as to why the Police Association would re-post it on it's blog and allow it (or at the very least aid it) in going viral. Seems like a somewhat questionable move to me.
 
WLDB
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
My first word was c*cksucker. My mother was horrified by that and my father encouraged it apparently. ha. I dont think it was anything like this though. This is really weird.
 
SLM
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

My first word was c*cksucker. My mother was horrified by that and my father encouraged it apparently. ha. I dont think it was anything like this though. This is really weird.

It is weird, no doubt. What do you think of the police association reposting the video though?
 
WLDB
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

It is weird, no doubt. What do you think of the police association reposting the video though?

I don't think they should have. There isnt really any point I can see in doing it.
 
Christianna
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

My first word was c*cksucker. My mother was horrified by that and my father encouraged it apparently. ha. I dont think it was anything like this though. This is really weird.

Are your mother and father still together?
 
WLDB
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristiannaView Post

Are your mother and father still together?

No. They broke up when I was about five. Not over that though.
 
karrie
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

While I can completely understand investigating the home, I'm a little confused as to why the Police Association would re-post it on it's blog and allow it (or at the very least aid it) in going viral. Seems like a somewhat questionable move to me.


The fact that the police posted and shared it publicly, will be used by any decent lawyer for the parents, as grounds for the fact that it is not abuse, and thus not grounds for removing the child from them.
 
damngrumpy
#8
Well the State is going to hell in a handbasket so I'm not surprised
One of my sons first word was Ah **** but no one got excited well
his mother wasn't too happy but life went on.
I think government is sticking its nose in where it does not belong.
What is happening is the Nation State is trying to set new boundaries
for what is and is not acceptable at home at school and elsewhere
but it is way too late for that
 
SLM
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

The fact that the police posted and shared it publicly, will be used by any decent lawyer for the parents, as grounds for the fact that it is not abuse, and thus not grounds for removing the child from them.


True.

I think it (the re-posting) renders the specific issue as a piece of gossip and not as a justifiable reason for removing a child from their home. It was just a really, really bad move on their part. Very tacky for something that should be taken more seriously.
 
eh1eh
#10
Oh no. Bad words are bad in America. Cops have to set an example to purify the nation.
 
Christianna
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

No. They broke up when I was about five. Not over that though.

It was easy to guess, obviously one was a decent sort the other had problems with acting like a responsible adult. Things build up so it is never over one thing it is an accumulation of things. Unless of course like one of my aunts husbands he got the neighbors 14 year old pregnant.
 
taxslave
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristiannaView Post

It was easy to guess, obviously one was a decent sort the other had problems with acting like a responsible adult. Things build up so it is never over one thing it is an accumulation of things. Unless of course like one of my aunts husbands he got the neighbors 14 year old pregnant.

Probably because of the lack of blow jobs at home.
 
SLM
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Probably because of the lack of blow jobs at home.

Ummmm.....that's a reason for a grown man to screw a fourteen year old and get her pregnant????
 
karrie
#14
wow, that went off course quickly. lol
 
eh1eh
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Ummmm.....that's a reason for a grown man to screw a fourteen year old and get her pregnant????

It is not a reason and shouldn't be used as any kind of excuse for such actions.
It just could have been a catalyst.
 
SLM
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

It is not a reason and shouldn't be used as any kind of excuse for such actions.
It just could have been a catalyst.

Or it could have just been that her aunt's husband (note she didn't refer to the man as her uncle) was a perv.

Either way, it really doesn't have much to do with a couple of supposed adults egging on a toddler to repeat phrases about "sucking ****", that was just grossly inappropriate but I don't think it was literal. Creepy though, but not literal.
 
BaalsTears
+1 / -1
#17
This toddler is unique among the African American underclass. He knows his father.
 
L Gilbert
#18
IMO, the kid will eventually either decide to dump the swearing or keep it ..... sorta like what I did with gods n gremlins and religions.
Weird cops.
 
Christianna
#19
Quote:

Or it could have just been that her aunt's husband (note she didn't refer to the man as her uncle) was a perv.

I didn't refer to him as my uncle because when my aunt divorced him he was no longer my uncle.

Frankly if one of my kids first words had been the one claimed by WLDB my husband would have had a lot of explaining to do, and if the explanation wasn't a damn good one he would have been out on his ear. There is nothing funny about teaching children to say unacceptable things. Doing so makes the child a pariah in society before they are even out of diapers. Do you really want your child to play with another child who uses that sort of language? Really?
 
spaminator
#20
Swearing Omaha toddler's mom claims all kids curse
QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:35 AM EST | Updated: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:56 AM EST
The mother of a toddler who was captured on video swearing and repeating back phrases involving sex and violence says all children cuss.
"He's a smart little boy. All that cussing that he did, he doesn't do that," the 16-year-old mother told CNN affiliate KETV in an interview. "Somebody told him to do that. My son doesn't do that. I don't allow it."
She added, "Kids curse; every kid does it."
She pointed out the boy had a clean diaper and the house was clean. She said she was in another room at the time the video was filmed.
"Everybody that thinks I'm a bad mother. I'm not. I'm a good mother to my son," she said.
The video of the toddler was initially posted to Facebook by someone identifying himself as the boy's uncle, but made headlines after it was posted by the Omaha Police Officers Association's blog.
The video opens with the black toddler pushing over a chair and saying, "You a b----, n-----."
A few seconds later, a woman tells the child to repeat back "suck my d---," and the child does.
The Omaha Police Department said Wednesday investigators were able to identify the toddler and the people heard encouraging him in the background.
While there was no criminal activity, police said there were "concerns for the well-being of the identified toddler and other children believed to be in the home."
Four children, including the boy in the video, have been removed from the house.
Swearing Omaha toddler's mom claims all kids curse | World | News | Toronto Sun
 
Walter
#21
More on this topic.


Articles: This Black Man Appreciates Omaha Police Exposing Black Toddler Cursing Video
 
karrie
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

While there was no criminal activity, police said there were "concerns for the well-being of the identified toddler and other children believed to be in the home."
Four children, including the boy in the video, have been removed from the house.
Swearing Omaha toddler's mom claims all kids curse | World | News | Toronto Sun

I really don't get this. It's not criminal, but, it's the reason they investigated and removed the kids? What did they find that they removed the kids for? This is so hinky.
 

Similar Threads

22
Drunks removed from Seniors home
by Twila | Nov 15th, 2005
no new posts