Swearing toddler removed from Omaha home

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

QMI Agency

Jan 9, 2014 , Last Updated: 12:36 PM ET

An Omaha toddler has been taken into protective custody after a video surfaced online showing adults encouraging him to swear and repeat back phrases involving sex and violence.
The video was initially posted to Facebook, but made headlines after it was posted by the Omaha Police Officers Association's blog. The association post said the video is "really bad and it will make you angry" and those watching the video "are literally watching the cycle of violence continue right in front of your eyes."
The video opens with the black toddler, dressed only in a diaper, pushing over a chair and saying, "You a b----, n-----." A male adult laughs off camera then says to the child, "F--- you."
A few seconds later, a woman tells the child to repeat back "suck my d---," and the child does.
The association did not name the man who posted the video -- believed to be the toddler's uncle -- because they "refuse to give this thug any notoriety or attention" even though they would "love to publicly shame him."
The Omaha Police Department said investigators were able to identify the toddler and the people heard encouraging him in the background.
While there was no criminal activity, police said there were "concerns for the well-being of the identified toddler and other children believed to be in the home."
Four children, including the boy in the video, have been removed from the house.

While I can completely understand investigating the home, I'm a little confused as to why the Police Association would re-post it on it's blog and allow it (or at the very least aid it) in going viral. Seems like a somewhat questionable move to me.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
My first word was c*cksucker. My mother was horrified by that and my father encouraged it apparently. ha. I dont think it was anything like this though. This is really weird.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My first word was c*cksucker. My mother was horrified by that and my father encouraged it apparently. ha. I dont think it was anything like this though. This is really weird.

It is weird, no doubt. What do you think of the police association reposting the video though?

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Are your mother and father still together?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
While I can completely understand investigating the home, I'm a little confused as to why the Police Association would re-post it on it's blog and allow it (or at the very least aid it) in going viral. Seems like a somewhat questionable move to me.

The fact that the police posted and shared it publicly, will be used by any decent lawyer for the parents, as grounds for the fact that it is not abuse, and thus not grounds for removing the child from them.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well the State is going to hell in a handbasket so I'm not surprised
One of my sons first word was Ah **** but no one got excited well
his mother wasn't too happy but life went on.
I think government is sticking its nose in where it does not belong.
What is happening is the Nation State is trying to set new boundaries
for what is and is not acceptable at home at school and elsewhere
but it is way too late for that

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The fact that the police posted and shared it publicly, will be used by any decent lawyer for the parents, as grounds for the fact that it is not abuse, and thus not grounds for removing the child from them.

True.

I think it (the re-posting) renders the specific issue as a piece of gossip and not as a justifiable reason for removing a child from their home. It was just a really, really bad move on their part. Very tacky for something that should be taken more seriously.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
No. They broke up when I was about five. Not over that though.
It was easy to guess, obviously one was a decent sort the other had problems with acting like a responsible adult. Things build up so it is never over one thing it is an accumulation of things. Unless of course like one of my aunts husbands he got the neighbors 14 year old pregnant.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It was easy to guess, obviously one was a decent sort the other had problems with acting like a responsible adult. Things build up so it is never over one thing it is an accumulation of things. Unless of course like one of my aunts husbands he got the neighbors 14 year old pregnant.

Probably because of the lack of blow jobs at home.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It is not a reason and shouldn't be used as any kind of excuse for such actions.
It just could have been a catalyst.

Or it could have just been that her aunt's husband (note she didn't refer to the man as her uncle) was a perv.

Either way, it really doesn't have much to do with a couple of supposed adults egging on a toddler to repeat phrases about "sucking ****", that was just grossly inappropriate but I don't think it was literal. Creepy though, but not literal.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Or it could have just been that her aunt's husband (note she didn't refer to the man as her uncle) was a perv.
I didn't refer to him as my uncle because when my aunt divorced him he was no longer my uncle.

Frankly if one of my kids first words had been the one claimed by WLDB my husband would have had a lot of explaining to do, and if the explanation wasn't a damn good one he would have been out on his ear. There is nothing funny about teaching children to say unacceptable things. Doing so makes the child a pariah in society before they are even out of diapers. Do you really want your child to play with another child who uses that sort of language? Really?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Swearing Omaha toddler's mom claims all kids curse
QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:35 AM EST | Updated: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:56 AM EST
The mother of a toddler who was captured on video swearing and repeating back phrases involving sex and violence says all children cuss.
"He's a smart little boy. All that cussing that he did, he doesn't do that," the 16-year-old mother told CNN affiliate KETV in an interview. "Somebody told him to do that. My son doesn't do that. I don't allow it."
She added, "Kids curse; every kid does it."
She pointed out the boy had a clean diaper and the house was clean. She said she was in another room at the time the video was filmed.
"Everybody that thinks I'm a bad mother. I'm not. I'm a good mother to my son," she said.
The video of the toddler was initially posted to Facebook by someone identifying himself as the boy's uncle, but made headlines after it was posted by the Omaha Police Officers Association's blog.
The video opens with the black toddler pushing over a chair and saying, "You a b----, n-----."
A few seconds later, a woman tells the child to repeat back "suck my d---," and the child does.
The Omaha Police Department said Wednesday investigators were able to identify the toddler and the people heard encouraging him in the background.
While there was no criminal activity, police said there were "concerns for the well-being of the identified toddler and other children believed to be in the home."
Four children, including the boy in the video, have been removed from the house.
Swearing Omaha toddler's mom claims all kids curse | World | News | Toronto Sun