Someone in Colorado didn't waste any time baking a batch of hash brownies just days after marijuana became legal in that state.
Unfortunately, a toddler in Longmont got her hands on one and got sick, CBS Denver reported (external - login to view).
Aida Hernandez, the mother of 2-year-old Evelyn, told the station she suspects her daughter may have eaten part of a pot cookie she found in the grass outside their apartment.
About a half hour after she confiscated the cookie, Hernandez noticed that something was wrong with Evelyn.
“She was asleep, she was opening and closing her eyes and she couldn’t walk really well. She was weak,” Hernandez said.
CBS said doctors at the hospital tested the youngster for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, and it came back positive.
“They do a blood test and that’s when they told me. That was a surprise,” Hernandez said. “It’s everywhere now that it’s legal they have it everywhere.”
A police search of Hernandez’ home came back clean for marijuana and officers say they believe the mother’s claim that she doesn’t use the now-legal drug.
Colorado tot tests positive for pot | World | News | Toronto Sun (external - login to view)