Train collision in North Dakota sets oil rail cars ablaze

gerryh
+3
of course, though, pipelines are so much more dangerous.

“Approximately 10 cars are fully engulfed resulting in heavy smoke in the area,” the Cass County sheriff said in a statement at 4:36 p.m., adding that local fire and hazardous material teams were battling the blaze. The sheriff said it was not yet clear how the collision had occurred.
Residents within 5 miles (8 km) to the south and east of Casselton were urged to evacuate to avoid contact with the smoke. Residents within 10 miles were asked to remain indoors.
Casselton City Auditor Sheila Klevgard said crews are pushing snow to contain the oil before it reaches a nearby creek.

Train collision in North Dakota sets oil rail cars ablaze | World | News | Calgary Sun

taxslave
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
Bet you never see two pipelines have a head on.

damngrumpy
While I agree pipelines are far safer some of the companies should not be
trusted with our economic wealfare. Norther Gate Way should not be built.
First the company building it does not have the confidence of British Columbians.
What did it for me was when they removed serveral islands from a promotion
video to have people believe it was an open route to the sea.
Kinder Morgan I have no problem with responsible company. My biggest beef
is we should not sell Asia natural resources so they can compete against us.
We should ensure ourselves and friendly governments reap the benefit of the
resources.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

First the company building it does not have the confidence of British Columbians.
resources.

The collision was in N.Dakota which would be along Keystone XL .You know the one Obama is playing out of both sides of his mouth .

petros
+1

resources.

You need to do som e real research on Enbridge and who and when they bought out and the ages of the lines they bought.

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

You need to do som e real research on Enbridge and who and when they bought out and the ages of the lines they bought.

It's easier to swallow the pap that the ecotards peddle then to actually look into the facts

Walter
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

It's easier to swallow the pap that the ecotards peddle then to actually look into the facts

Than, not then. Than is used to compare, then is used for chronology.

taxslave
+1

resources.

SO you would rather we are restricted to a fickle US market that demands and receives a big cut from world prices because they are the only market we can serve? I say build the pipeline even if no oil ever flows through it just as a threat to the US.
I have worked in Douglas/ Ursla channel before and there is lots of room for tankers. You ever look at a map of BC? None of the islands and rocks are shown on it but no one complains. Except the dumb Yankees that try to use a BC road map to take their boats to Alaska. By the time they get to Pt. Hardy they are terrified and will pay any price for charts. Perhaps not so much now with all the new electronics but We take real charts along for when all that electronic $$hit breaks down.

Walter
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

SO you would rather we are restricted to a fickle US market that demands and receives a big cut from world prices because they are the only market we can serve? I say build the pipeline even if no oil ever flows through it just as a threat to the US.
I have worked in Douglas/ Ursla channel before and there is lots of room for tankers. You ever look at a map of BC? None of the islands and rocks are shown on it but no one complains. Except the dumb Yankees that try to use a BC road map to take their boats to Alaska. By the time they get to Pt. Hardy they are terrified and will pay any price for charts. Perhaps not so much now with all the new electronics but We take real charts along for when all that electronic $$hit breaks down.

Only one $ in $hit.

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Don't blame me for that, it's all this global warming that caused the grammatical error

taxslave

Only one $ in $hit.

Not if you ever priced out having a plotter, GPS, Radar,Sidescan Sonar,etc.

Zipperfish
+1

What's that, then?

Locutus
Buford ‏@ACapMgmt Environmentalists don't like pipelines, so we pay Buffett an arm and a leg to take oil by train. Yay, environment pic.twitter.com/RxaAZX2Zz6

Nuggler
With the relaxation of extraction regulations ( rape is the new green), in Mexico, the US probably doesn't need our oil. Bam Bam probably knew this was gonna happen and told Stevo to shove it...............or not. ?

Some say (globe and mail - nat. post) the world is awash in oil; totally surplus position.

And this is why gasoline prices have fallen to new highs, locally. Ain't free trade grand !!

lone wolf
+1
Railroads would be much safer if railroaders ran them.

eh1eh
+1 / -1
Does it matter which is safer. We are all complicit in raping the Earth who cares how we do it or who is hurt in the process?
Lots of empty talk to pass the time. Doesn't matter as long as we are comfy cozy.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Does it matter which is safer. We are all complicit in raping the Earth who cares how we do it or who is hurt in the process?

No way, dude! The Earth, like, totally consented! She said "I want you to ram your hot, throbbing **** in my warm, moist ****!"

She's just mad because I didn't call the next day.

Quote:

Lots of empty talk to pass the time. Doesn't matter as long as we are comfy cozy.

I agree. We should all be miserable, starving, and diseased!

After you, sir.

pgs
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

So she types on her computer made from petroleum byproducts in her warm house heated with fossil fuels .

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Bet you never see two pipelines have a head on.

Apparently you've never heard of a sword fight.

Blackleaf
It's probably the most exciting thing to have happened in North Dakota for decades.

taxslave
Well there was the two gay bulls in the church parking lot.

petros
+1
The Dakotas would surprise y'all.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

No way, dude! The Earth, like, totally consented! She said "I want you to ram your hot, throbbing **** in my warm, moist ****!"

She's just mad because I didn't call the next day.

I agree. We should all be miserable, starving, and diseased!

After you, sir.

Yes. As long as humans are serviced nothing else matters. Seriously.
A few people have thought about doing things in a sustainable way but they are not the money holders of the world so the status quo remains.

Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

So she types on her computer made from petroleum byproducts in her warm house heated with fossil fuels .

Indeed.